The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see many posters claiming that William is perfect or didn't drink during the stag weekend. Most people know that drinking is common at stag parties, but don't see it as a big deal (or feel the need to keep referring to it as a "boozy" weekend).

The only reason that this conversation has dragged on for so long, is because a few posters have said that William is selfish for taking a weekend away, and are implying that he has escaped his parenting responsibilities because he played polo and spent a "boozy" weekend with friends.

Last edited:
So long as William wasn't involved in tying the bridegroom up naked to a tree or in the middle of a roundabout, then I can't see the problem with William drinking at a stag-party or anywhere else for that matter.
Obviously he wouldn't have stuck to just a couple of small sweet sherries and a creme de menthe chaser, but since he doesn't appear to be drunken, feckless husband/father, I think we're safe to assume he can manage a few pints and shots without the need to go into re-hab.

"close friends" of Kate has been saying she was pregnant since May 2011 in the tabloids

Pictures:
For the first time in New Zealand a postage stamp will be issued to celebrate a royal birth - with the release of one baring the face of newborn Prince George-
Little Cambridge - Royal baby to feature on Kiwi stamp For the...

Royal children have made their way on to Kiwi stamps before, however NZ Post say this is the first time there will be a commemorative stamp released to mark a birth.

Perhaps Will went to the stag weekend because he wasn't going to be able to go to the wedding. Good gracious these 2 get invited to a lot of weddings.
BTW William looks hott in his glasses! Better than he does without them.

Last edited:
I think they will be happy once all their friends get married so they won't have attend more of these events. After a while, I would be like; "look just send me some cake."

This is reaching the point where to even suggest anything negative about William is a cardinal sin - sorry but he is a human being and does some not so good things at times, he is in the military which has a track record of heavy drinking not only being accepted but expected - so long as it doesn't interfere with his duty - and thus many officers are binge drinkers, he comes from a generation in the UK where binge drinking is almost accepted behaviour and he has a track record of heavy drinking.

He isn't perfect and to suggest that he went to a stag do and didn't drink is weird as that is the point - give the poor bloke about to marry as boozy a weekend as possible before he settles down to married life and can't do it all the time anymore.

How much William drinks - who knows - but given his background and job probably a lot more than many people here would like to admit. Having had experience of army officers' messes and the drinking that goes on, along with the very negative attitude held towards anyone who didn't drink then I am sure that William does drink and quite heavily at times but he will also go for a week or more without drinking when on duty and on base.

I think my point is not to judge because none of us know. Also, we who have been first time parents know how enormously difficult the adjustment can be. Don't get me wrong, it is such a joyous life event, but so hard and tiring. Those who have been there know even the most stalwart need breaks. My second born never slept - I am serious - so on occasion my mum would take him overnight. I still feel guilty about doing that! But mum said it was good for him to have me rested so that made me feel better

Oh, for the love! I'm not a drinker, but I certainly won't begrudge someone a weekend of fun, even if it involves some 'heavy boozing', as long as the people involved use common sense, and don't drive when under the influence. It's a bachelor party, so yes, there will be some drinking, but if Catherine was OK with her husband doing this, then who are we to judge/complain? William has yet to appear drunk/hung over at a public engagement, so perhaps we should take a chill-pill of sorts, and let him have some fun when in private. He doesn't appear to be unfaithful or unfeeling towards his wife, appears to love being a father, and one weekend away is not going to change that.

And yes, Xenia, Will does look very yummy in glasses. Like a sophisticated, intellectual, college professor.

Pictures:
For the first time in New Zealand a postage stamp will be issued to celebrate a royal birth - with the release of one baring the face of newborn Prince George-
Little Cambridge - Royal baby to feature on Kiwi stamp For the...

Royal children have made their way on to Kiwi stamps before, however NZ Post say this is the first time there will be a commemorative stamp released to mark a birth.
Goody! I'll make a point of buying some :)

Oh, for the love! I'm not a drinker, but I certainly won't begrudge someone a weekend of fun, even if it involves some 'heavy boozing', as long as the people involved use common sense, and don't drive when under the influence. It's a bachelor party, so yes, there will be some drinking, but if Catherine was OK with her husband doing this, then who are we to judge/complain? William has yet to appear drunk/hung over at a public engagement, so perhaps we should take a chill-pill of sorts, and let him have some fun when in private. He doesn't appear to be unfaithful or unfeeling towards his wife, appears to love being a father, and one weekend away is not going to change that.

And yes, Xenia, Will does look very yummy in glasses. Like a sophisticated, intellectual, college professor.

Thank you and perfectully said!!

Perhaps you should read more about this couple.

He had 2 weeks paternity leave and that is all - so he has to go back to Angelsey. If Catherine were with him, she would be on her own with the baby in a isolated cottage. We have no idea of how she is, any issues with the baby - nothing! So she is staying with her mother as was mentioned prior to the birth.

He doesn't have a drinking problem. He flies helicopters in some of the most dangerous terrain in the UK, frequently in appalling weather. He is not allowed to drink whilst on call and has to have at least 48 hours without alcohol prior to flying.

Stag weekends are part of British culture. They do not spend their entire time drinking - its usually sporty and in this case they went surfing. No one in the Uk thinks this is unusual.

You might be unhappy if your husband was away 2 weeks after you had a baby but if his job meant he had to go, then he would and you would accept that because you would be aware of the issue.

This couple have a life time ahead of them where they will spend time apart because that is how it is. They have found a way to deal with it. Onlookers need to do the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, for the love! I'm not a drinker, but I certainly won't begrudge someone a weekend of fun, even if it involves some 'heavy boozing', as long as the people involved use common sense,
Omg yes Daria exactly. I do like to drink I'll be the first to admit that one but due to health issues I can't drink too often. But from everything I've seen so far it doesn't seem that William took it too far nor has he in the past couple of years. Everyone needs to let loose once in a while so I can't fault him for taking one weekend off and letting his "hair down" or what left haha:lol:I'm jk I love Wills so I don't mean that in a bad way. Plus that video of him being thanked yesterday for saving some girl's life once again re-assured me that his job really does make a big impact and I know that's all he's ever wanted to help others out. He's stated that time and time again. So as I said one weekend off to me is no biggy. Yep so now I'm begining to blab so I hope I made some sort of sense with what I just said.

Once again good christ yes! Speaking of photos, the photos of him after polo last week were especially appealing to me. Even my mom and dad commented how good he looked with his white pants blue shirt and sun glasses

Last edited:
You are missing my point: what I am saying is that William could have attended that Stag Party in any number of ways (and British male friends are informing my opinion on this a bit). The way he chose to attend the party meant that he was away from Kate and his son for close to 2 weeks. It wasn't "if his job meant that he had to go" - he made a social decision. William's job only requires him to be gone for 4 days - not two weeks.

I'm not sure why you think he's been away for close to two weeks. According to one of his team members, they have 3 days on duty and then they get 3-4 days off.

He supposedly went back to work last Tuesday and then he was off that Friday for the stag party. I doubt the party extended past Sunday, so William would have had time to see Kate and George in Bucklebury before he had to return to work on Tuesday. So at the most he would have been away from them for 5 days. Not a big deal. Now if his partying with friends became a common occurrence, then I would see a problem. But having an occasional weekend away is not a something to be concerned about.

As for drinking, I don't think it has anything to do with cultural differences. I'm American and I see absolutely no problem with him going to a stag party and having some drinks.

Last edited:
They only became parents, that's all!!! No need to change all hobbies/commitments/leisure time activities at all!!! The Middleton House is full of people, William is probably happy to get out of there from time to time or to return to Wales after two weeks. And Kate will be occupied otherwise.

I dont mind Kate spending time with her family but what I find really strange is that Kate will move in with her parents instead of establishing her own family unit and her family comes visiting/helping with the baby. Seems very immature to me.

It's only for a few weeks. She is probably still under medical supervision at this stage (check ups etc). Then she'll go to Anglesey for a few weeks to oversee the packing up and then its Nottingham Cottage and then Apartment 1A.

They have obviously decided that they dont want her and the baby to be on their own with no friends or family nearby when he's based at the camp for extended hours. Easier for him to then travel down to Berks.

I'm not sure why you think he's been away for close to two weeks.

He supposedly went back to work last Tuesday and then he was off that Friday for the stag party. I doubt the party extended past Sunday, so William would have had time to see Kate and George in Bucklebury before he had to return to work on Tuesday. So at the most he would have been away from them for 5 days. Not a big deal. Now if his partying with friends became a common occurrence, then I would see a problem. But having an occasional weekend away in not a something to be concerned about.

As for his drinking, I don't think it has anything to do with cultural differences. I'm American and I see absolutely no problem with him going to a stag party and having some drinks.
My thoughts exactly. I'd only become super worried if he was out every weekend kinda like he was for a time from 2007 till about early 2008 I remember that really bothered me. I too have read nothing that suggests he didn't return to Kate and George by Monday so really can't see the fuss in all this. Plus judging by his comments lately he seems exhausted so I'm sure he's spending lots of time with his wife and son though he definitely at the same time sounds like he thoroughly enjoys fatherhood

I don't find it strange that she has been staying with her parents. Since William is in Anglesey for 3 days of the week, she'd want to have someone around to help with the baby. So staying with her family makes perfect sense. And if I'm not mistaken, Nottingham is smallish, so there may not be enough room for her parents to stay.

They won't be there much longer anyway. Kate is supposed to be heading up to Anglesey soon and then they'll be back in London once William's job ends in September.

They only became parents, that's all!!! No need to change all hobbies/commitments/leisure time activities at all!!! The Middleton House is full of people, William is probably happy to get out of there from time to time or to return to Wales after two weeks. And Kate will be occupied otherwise.

I dont mind Kate spending time with her family but what I find really strange is that Kate will move in with her parents instead of establishing her own family unit and her family comes visiting/helping with the baby. Seems very immature to me.

I think the idea behind Catherine staying with her parents has more to do with how isolating William's work is than any immature clinging to her family.

Where she and William live is isolated from both their families, and likely their friends outside of William's work. William'd work also ensures that even when they're living together William isn't able to be with her and George for much of his time. This means that at least half the time Catherine would be left alone with George while William works.

Also significant is the fact that while they've made a home in Angelsey, in a month it will no longer be home. As such there's no real point in adapting it to make it George-friendly. Their home is going to be at KP, but it's not yet ready for them to move into yet. What's more is that the Middleton home is probably more adapt to having the Cambridges stay for periods of time than the Cambridge home in Wales is adapt to having others visit for long periods of time.

While it means that William is having to travel in between his work and his family, it makes sense for Catherine and George to stay where there is a more constant support - which because of his work is not in Wales with William.

As for William's stag weekend... People are making a lot of assumptions here, often at the expense of William. We don't know what date William started work on, and what date his "weekend" started. It looks like the stag weekend was only a 2 day thing, so he could have easily gone to see Catherine and George either before/after. We don't know how the Cambridges are keeping in contact, personally I don't think it's all that likely that he has abandoned his family.

We also don't know how much or how frequently he drinks. Really there seems to be no reason to believe he has a drinking problem at all. Sometimes he may have fun partying and drinking with friends, but that's common in many cultures. People seem to have this idea that married fathers don't enjoy going out for drinks with friends sometime, or celebrating events with drinks, or what have you, and I question how narrow of a world you live in. We no longer live in one (if we ever did at all) where people hit some magical age or stage in life where they must stop enjoying parties, at least on occasion. Both William and Harry have shown that they are capable of having fun at times (sometimes possibly too much), but also being responsible, mature individuals at other times. Neither shows signs of being hungover or drunk while on official events, nor do they ever appear to be drinking at inappropriate times. People need to give them a break.

There are now reports from "sources" that Kate will be staying with the Midds for 6 months, while Will might consider being based in London or Norfolk. I have no idea how reputable this newspaper is.

Kate Middleton considers staying with "baby whisperer" mum Carole for six months - Independent.ie

Never heard of that paper but
1. All stories so far have said 6 weeks, not 6 months;
2. They can't be moving to Norfolk unless William is going to RAF Wattisham. Anmer Hall is not vacant yet and the ground and building works not yet started;

According to a twitter report, William and Carole spotted at Bangor Station. Maybe they are all in Wales.

Adjusting to a new bundle of joy is never easy no matter who the parents are, how "perfect" the baby is or how much help and backup you have. Will himself remarked on having sleepless nights and that George was an active baby. Along with adjusting to the new addition and the diapers and the bottles and the spitting up and the 3 am feedings, you realize that the world has not come to a stop. Jobs still have to be done, groceries do not buy themselves and it is not unusual that a new mother gets into "moods" now and then. Why would it not be the same for Will and Kate as new parents?

After 2 weeks paternity leave, it was back to business as usual for William at work. He has a very demanding job which does put a lot of restrictions on him. Those restrictions are not only to ensure the safety of the aircraft and his crew but also ensures that he is clear minded and able to make quick snap decisions.

This couple has known each other and have a mature enough relationship to know that they don't have to be in each other's pockets 24/7. In fact, I think most couples find that when they are continuously together, it can get stressful and they need a break from each other. Ask me how I know. Mr. Remote is retired here and its been quite a long time since I've had "me" time. I'd love someone to take him away for a weekend or so. :D We have to remember too that there's another little stress factor involved right now. It usually is prescribed that a new mother give herself 6 weeks at least to heal after having a baby and that could really leave Will kinda chompin at the bit and to be honest, a good stag party is the perfect prescription for letting off some steam and just plain having fun. We don't know but its very possible that Kate has also had some "hen" time away with her friends. That's the beauty of having a strong support system intact.

It won't be long till they're settled in KP and fall into a routine that suits them and George. Its all part of married life.

Adjusting to a new bundle of joy is never easy no matter who the parents are, how "perfect" the baby is or how much help and backup you have. Will himself remarked on having sleepless nights and that George was an active baby. Along with adjusting to the new addition and the diapers and the bottles and the spitting up and the 3 am feedings, you realize that the world has not come to a stop. Jobs still have to be done, groceries do not buy themselves and it is not unusual that a new mother gets into "moods" now and then. Why would it not be the same for Will and Kate as new parents?

After 2 weeks paternity leave, it was back to business as usual for William at work. He has a very demanding job which does put a lot of restrictions on him. Those restrictions are not only to ensure the safety of the aircraft and his crew but also ensures that he is clear minded and able to make quick snap decisions.

This couple has known each other and have a mature enough relationship to know that they don't have to be in each other's pockets 24/7. In fact, I think most couples find that when they are continuously together, it can get stressful and they need a break from each other. Ask me how I know. Mr. Remote is retired here and its been quite a long time since I've had "me" time. I'd love someone to take him away for a weekend or so. :D We have to remember too that there's another little stress factor involved right now. It usually is prescribed that a new mother give herself 6 weeks at least to heal after having a baby and that could really leave Will kinda chompin at the bit and to be honest, a good stag party is the perfect prescription for letting off some steam and just plain having fun. We don't know but its very possible that Kate has also had some "hen" time away with her friends. That's the beauty of having a strong support system intact.

It won't be long till they're settled in KP and fall into a routine that suits them and George. Its all part of married life.

Well put, Osipi. I think they're hip to the ways of married life and parenthood. It takes some adjustment and cooperation. I think the Cambridge's are doing just fine.

Last edited:
I don't find it strange that she has been staying with her parents. Since William is in Anglesey for 3 days of the week, she'd want to have someone around to help with the baby. So staying with her family makes perfect sense. And if I'm not mistaken, Nottingham is smallish, so there may not be enough room for her parents to stay.

They won't be there much longer anyway. Kate is supposed to be heading up to Anglesey soon and then they'll be back in London once William's job ends in September.

I do not either. I am from the United States, and when I had my first born, my hubby and I lived with my mum and dad. We are Italian-American, and family is everything and it is wonderful!

Um in America we have Bachelor parties and from what i have heard and read about stag do's they are tame in comparison. I mean "The Hangover" anyone :lol:

Um in America we have Bachelor parties and from what i have heard and read about stag do's they are tame in comparison. I mean "The Hangover" anyone :lol:

Yes because The Hangover is the prime example of a bachelor party! Bachelor party and Stag do are the same thing, in my book anyway.

Yes because The Hangover is the prime example of a bachelor party! Bachelor party and Stag do are the same thing, in my book anyway.

and it isnt a criminal offence or reason for rehab in either country.

heck, some peeps really need to lighten up.

Back
Top Bottom