The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly - we don't know if they will be good, bad, average, great, poor etc parents.

I remember a friend of mine, about 10 years ago, who gushed at how great her husband was with her new child and what a 'great father' he was at two months but by six months he had gone - couldn't stant the lack of sleep, smelly nappies, her focus being on the child and not him - in this case once the novelty of being a father had worn off and the baby was still a baby and stopping him from doing the things he wanted to do he simply left - and sadly it happens a lot more than people like to admit.

Hopefully William will be a good father but it is way too early to tell.

I would also add that we don't know what sort of mother Kate will be - again way too early to tell.

Exactly - we don't know if they will be good, bad, average, great, poor etc parents.

I remember a friend of mine, about 10 years ago, who gushed at how great her husband was with her new child and what a 'great father' he was at two months but by six months he had gone - couldn't stant the lack of sleep, smelly nappies, her focus being on the child and not him - in this case once the novelty of being a father had worn off and the baby was still a baby and stopping him from doing the things he wanted to do he simply left - and sadly it happens a lot more than people like to admit.

Hopefully William will be a good father but it is way too early to tell.

I would also add that we don't know what sort of mother Kate will be - again way too early to tell.

All too true. Newborns do not come with an instruction textbook but a blank journal. Its all trial and error as you go kinda thing and I don't think any parent can say they've been "perfect" at it and can tell you stories about the ups and downs and misadventures of being a parent.

Even though William and Kate seem to have a strong basis in their marriage and are very happy with the birth of their son, they will go through all the stages of parenthood just like every other family since the beginning of time.

It will be our treat to be able to somewhat follow the entries in little George's journal as it unfolds. :D

Fortunaly for them they will have people around them who can help them. Though I am sure they both will be very hands on.

This just made me smile - Mother Nature sent a better gift than the PM: United Kingdom shaped clouds formed the day after Prince George's birth | Mail Online

I find this article very interesting in that it has a similar meaning as rainbows do in Hawaii. In ancient times it was thought that a baby who was born and a rainbow appeared was destined to be a great chief or king. I find the appearance of this cloud formation after his birth to have a similar meaning. He is destined to be a great King.

I wonder whether they're using cotton nappies or the disposable kind. Disposable more likely, since William joked about picking some up on his way home.

I do hope Prince William might have been joking about having to pick up nappies on the way home and that little Prince George is enjoying a nice soft cloth bot. From an environmental point of view Grandpa would be pleased as well.

I do hope Prince William might have been joking about having to pick up nappies on the way home and that little Prince George is enjoying a nice soft cloth bot. From an environmental point of view Grandpa would be pleased as well.

I think you'll find that baby in nappies 24/7.

I think you'll find that baby in nappies 24/7.

I think Ada was referring to traditional terry nappies versus disposable nappies.

I think Ada was referring to traditional terry nappies versus disposable nappies.

I know, that's why I said I think you'll find the baby in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies.

I know, that's why I said I think you'll find the baby in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies.

You cannot state that with any certainty these days.

You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of reusable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days. They take no more time than a disposable. Here is a UK website which details today's environmentally friendly reusable nappies:
The Nappy Lady Selling Real Nappies, Cloth Nappies, Reusable & Washable Nappies - The Nappy Lady

Most parents do use disposable nappies for the newborn period. When the baby is a little older, many environmentally-aware parents use a combination of reuseable nappies at home and disposables when out of the house.

Remember that at KP they will have a housekeeper, whose job includes laundry duties. And those laundry duties may very well include washing reusable nappies.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of non-disposable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days.

You are wrong on that. I wouldn't accuse someone of not being certain when you yourself produce false statements. I have a 3 month old niece I look after who has been nappies since the day she was born. Most babies, I have encountered in my years of knowing what a nappy was have not been in a tie up pinned washable one.

You cannot state that with any certainty these days.

You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of reusable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days. They take no more time than a disposable. Here is a UK website which details today's environmentally friendly reusable nappies:
The Nappy Lady Selling Real Nappies, Cloth Nappies, Reusable & Washable Nappies - The Nappy Lady

Most parents do use disposable nappies for the newborn period. When the baby is a little older, many environmentally-aware parents use a combination of reuseable nappies at home and disposables when out of the house.

Remember that at KP they will have a housekeeper, whose job includes laundry duties. And those laundry duties may very well include washing reusable nappies.

Just a thought.

True. I used disposables for the 1st moth, after which we used only cloth nappies, washed and dried in the sun. No rashes, no smells, not much work, since you do laudry for the baby daily anyhow. Modern cloth nappies are very easy to use, they have snap-ons, they come in an array of colors and are entirely made of cotton. We used the same cloth nappies for both children, they are very hardwearing.

Lumutqueen said:
...I wouldn't accuse someone of not being certain when you yourself produce false statements.
Ah...but you yourself seem very certain that "the baby (will be) in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies."

Perhaps Charles' environmentalism has rubbed off on his son. As Argie points out in the above post they are snap on now and are every bit as easy as disposables. :flowers:

Last edited:
It's not only about being environmentally friendly: it's also about costs. We spent around 300 dollars for the entire cotton nappies collection for the whole nappy-age of the baby. In Canada, that's what you would spent for disposables in 1-2 months!!!

Ah...but you yourself seem very certain that "the baby (will be) in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies."

Perhaps Charles' environmentalism has rubbed off on his son. As Argie points out in the above post they are snap on now and are every bit as easy as disposables. :flowers:

And perhaps it hasn't. I'm pretty certain that baby is a pampers nappy on him 24/7. William and Catherine don't appear the environmentally friend type to me. I'll ask William next time I see him ;)

It's not only about being environmentally friendly: it's also about costs. We spent around 300 dollars for the entire cotton nappies collection for the whole nappy-age of the baby. In Canada, that's what you would spent for disposables in 1-2 months!!!

Can't imagine money is an aspect for this baby really.

Really, you don't have to be a tree-hugger to use cotton nappies. We certainly aren't. And you don't have to waste money if you have it, either.

I think they won't put more work on their people then they really need to. Unless we are in their house we have no idea what they are or will do.

given his environmentally conscious grandpa, i think cloth would be the proper choice. and it also sends out a good message

The way I see it from my little spot under the sun in Canada is that celebrities can be wacky, vulgar, in bad-taste and lacking common sense (Hollywood) and then the royal celebrities, mostly at the opposite side of the common-sense spectrum. Looking at Catherine's approach to personal style and money, I would think that she does seem to have a lot of common sense. The cotton nappies would follow into the same line with her not spending obscene amounts of money for shoes or outfits. She is known to be fairly frugal (compared to her wealth), as are actually the Queen and Charles themselves. Of course we don't know what's going on behind their closed doors. They may bathe in champagne every night for all we know. But one can speculate and draw conclusions based on their previous approach to things in life.

Oh good lord people cotton or disposable who cares! It's their choice their child. And from Williams's comment it appears they use disposable like millions of other parents. I can't believe this has turned into an environmental debate.

Oh good lord people cotton or disposable who cares! It's their choice their child. And from Williams's comment it appears they use disposable like millions of other parents. I can't believe this has turned into an environmental debate.

Get used to it. Wait until the breast feeding police start up.

m

Exactly! Leave the alone ... enough already!!!:bang:

Sorry but this is a discussion forum, we are discussing something in regards to a comment Prince William made yesterday. If you don't want to read it ignore it. Until we get some shred of news, a new picture of an outing from the baby this is all you're going to get.

By the by, does anyone know if he ended up being a leo or is he a cancer? Im not too familiar with the cut off times on a horoscope. Just wondering, since there is nothing else to talk about.

By the by, does anyone know if he ended up being a leo or is he a cancer? Im not too familiar with the cut off times on a horoscope. Just wondering, since there is nothing else to talk about.

He is Cancer, Leo starts on July 23rd. :flowers:

He is Cancer, Leo starts on July 23rd. :flowers:

Actually the cusp of Cancer and Leo is between July 19th and July 24th. George will have benefits from both sun signs.

Sun Signs: the Cancer-Leo Cusp

Is it cloth or is it disposable? Only the family knows for sure. When William stated about stopping on the way home, he could be referring to buying regular disposables or the disposable liners for the cloth ones. Either way, from experience, I know they're going through a heck of a lot of them right now. :D

At 4:24 BST July 22, George was born a Cancer, approximately a half hour away from Leo when signs changed.

Last edited:
Actually the cusp of Cancer and Leo is between July 19th and July 24th. George will have benefits from both sun signs.

Sun Signs: the Cancer-Leo Cusp

At 4:24 BST July 22, George was born a Cancer, approximately a half hour away from Leo when signs changed.

Well according to this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_(astrology)

It spans the 90-120th degree of the zodiac, between 90 and 125.25 degree of celestial longitude, which the Sun transits this area on average between June 22 to July 22 each year.

Isn't there an astrology thread for those that believe in that sort of thing for people to discuss this stuff? I seem to recall the mods moving a lot of posts about Leo/Cancer there before he was born.

Back
Top Bottom