The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don't see any reason to call them liars about it...if they say they didn't know then they didn't know. There are people who don't want to know ahead of time.

LaRae

Well said LaRae

Date of baptism has been declared?

Not yet - I wouldn't expect to hear the date until maybe a week or so before it happens - possibly even only a day or so earlier. Unless they decide to break the BRF tradition is will be a private event so no need to announce it too far in advance.

People were talking about how they were honoring the Spencers because his cousin 3 cousin have George, Alexander and Louis has their first name.

Louis is also the name of Camilla's grandson.

Those name are pretty common in upper class society it seems

I just don't see any reason to call them liars about it...if they say they didn't know then they didn't know. There are people who don't want to know ahead of time.

LaRae
I agree with you. Many parents have names for both a boy and girl ready even if they don't know what the new baby will be. The Duke and Duchess are tuned into the traditions of the royal house and had most likely picked traditional female names as well. Who knows, some parents have names chosen long before they are even pregnant.

that jenny packham dress Kate wore is a bespoke version so i assume the couple knew the gender already as i think that dress was made before the birth. also, the only handwritten part in the birth announcement is the birth time--that says a lot i guess.

I believe two dresses were brought to the hospital (by Kate's assistant and hair dresser) after the birth of the baby. There's a picture somewhere in all of the Daily Mail articles, of them arriving with the garment bags.

I believe two dresses were brought to the hospital (by Kate's assistant and hair dresser) after the birth of the baby. There's a picture somewhere in all of the Daily Mail articles, of them arriving with the garment bags.

Cinrit is right. Also, one article referred to the dress as "lilac." I went back and looked, and yes, it could be lilac - a mixture of pink and blue. In any event, this couple has been accused of lying so many times and then when events play out it becomes clear that they never did. I guess haters gotta hate :bang:

I personally don't think people that think the family knew the gender of the baby are haters. In fact, I think there are two kinds of people in the world:

• Those that would want to know the gender of their own child and can't understand how anyone would not do so
  • Those that would not want to know the gender of their child and can't understand anyone who would seek that info
OK - I exaggerate - but there is some truth to the preferences.

I saw their choice to not know the gender as very understandable. Particualary for William, who has two jobs, every moment is planned and committed. For both, any activity involves security and logistic issues. There are very RARE surprises for this couple. They only get to be spontaneous in their choice of dinner at home (OK, another exaggeration, but you get my point). I think keeping the gender a surprise until the birth would have been a wonderful treat for them.

It's not as if they are so financially strained that they had to panic if someone gifted them the wrong colored romper!

Just my thoughts on the matter. I'm happy that they seem so HAPPY!

Tt doesn't matter if it is a boy! I'me very happy for them. I'm sure that they knew the gender but it's their right to choose not to tell it! Harry gave away the sex and many clues made clear that she was having a boy but people said she was having a girl because the wanted it so! Now I hope that they have so privacy... (Even if I am eager to see that adorable child again:))
Besides, I'm not surprised... Prince Philipe had 4 children and 3 were boys! charles had 2 sons! Genetics! :-D
About the name if she had a girl: it was said (although I don't think if there are some reliable sources) that catherine would have named her Alexandra...
I love the name Alexander and Louis is pretty cute... George is very traditional but elegant:)
Oh I want to see the baby again!

Last edited:
There was a four hour gap between everyone being told officially someone could have easy printed out the boy sign there was plenty of time. Or they just had one for a girl or a boy ready to go. I think they knew didn't Prince Harry and Eugenie both say it was going to be a boy? Diana knew Harry was a boy and didn't tell anyone she saw it on the sonagram. Catherine and William may off wanted that as their own little secret since they have to share everything else with the public I think it's understandable.

I agree with the other arguments concerning the handwriting except this one, I have to respectfully disagree. Yes there's a four hour gap but if they have time to print out the gender in these four hours, why didn't they print out the birth time as well?

Edit: I took back what I said now that I've seen the article

Last edited:
Prince Charles said publicly, that it was a complete shock to the couple when they were told the sex of their baby.

Maybe, they were expecting a girl!

Royal baby news: Kate Middleton and Prince William DIDN'T know sex of baby before it was born - Mirror Online

I thought it was a girl, as did so many others.

http://www.royalty.nu/news.html

Thanks for the article, now it seems that they really didn't know the gender before :)

I took back what I said earlier but honestly I didn't expect backlash like this. I respect you guys' arguments but really, I wasn't very serious about it. I was saying it in a light way.

Last edited:
I agree with the other arguments concerning the handwriting except this one, I have to respectfully disagree. Yes there's a four hour gap but if they have time to print out the gender in these four hours, why didn't they print out the birth time as well?

So the doctors can fill it in and sign it.

How do you know she didn't have a pink dress there as well as the blue?

She actually did not have ANY dress at the hospital to wear home. Remember the photo of a woman arriving at the hospital with a garment bag? This was probably the dress and it might have been pink if the baby was a girl. I believe William and Kate when they say they didn't know the gender of the baby. There are many future parents like that. It's about the only real surprise left to parents.

So the doctors can fill it in and sign it.

They could have gotten the time of birth during the call that revealed the sex. The most likely explanation is that they printed two in advance. It is also possible they knew in advance, but didn't release the information. Either way, does it really matter?

I 'm still convinced the knew:) but, it doesn't mind!

Last edited:
I don't believe Harry and Eugenie broke the news that they were having a boy. It was from the same tabloids that gave us 5 different due dates. As Harry said himself, don't believe majority of the things you heard from the media

I don't know why some people choose to conveniently forgot that in both Charles and William birth announcement, only the time and the doctors signatures were writing out, everything else was typed

What does it matter what colour dress catherine wore when she left the hospital and why does the colour of her dress have to have anything to do with the gender of her child? When she was pregnant every time she wore a pink dress posters were claiming she was signaling the gender of the baby, same when she wore blue. Oddly enough those same posters never said anything when she wore red, black, green or polka dots. Maybe she just wore a blue dress to leave the hospital because she liked the colour and it fit well.

House of Lords: Tuesday, 23 July 2013
Birth of a son to Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge
Motion For An Humble Address-
Lords Hansard text for*23*Jul*201323 July 2013 (pt 0001)

Very nice tributes from members of Parliament.

It isn't "members of parliament" which refers to elected members of the House of Commons. This is specifically from Members of the House of Lords, hence the message is

"....May it please Your Royal Highnesses to accept the loyal congratulations of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal in Parliament "

It isn't "members of parliament" which refers to elected members of the House of Commons. This is specifically from Members of the House of Lords, hence the message is

"....May it please Your Royal Highnesses to accept the loyal congratulations of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal in Parliament "

Thanks for the correction.

They sent congratulations on behalf of dead people? Creepy.

They sent congratulations on behalf of dead people? Creepy.

Erm nope, Lords Spiritual are those who hold office in the HOL by virtue of their ecclesiastical offices. Bishops, Archbishops, abbots, priors etc. Lords Temporal are those aligned with a political party.

Lords Spiritual consist of the Archbishops of Canterbury and York and twenty-four Bishops (by rotation but, always including the Bishops of London, Durham, and Winchester).

Thanks. I was worried it would give little George nightmares.

What does it matter what colour dress catherine wore when she left the hospital and why does the colour of her dress have to have anything to do with the gender of her child? When she was pregnant every time she wore a pink dress posters were claiming she was signaling the gender of the baby, same when she wore blue. Oddly enough those same posters never said anything when she wore red, black, green or polka dots. Maybe she just wore a blue dress to leave the hospital because she liked the colour and it fit well.

Well, the coordinated baby blue outfits worn by both William and Kate when they left the hospital makes me think that there was some thought that went into both of their outfits (exactly how much thought, I don't know, and we're not likely to find out). Doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, but maybe it was a nice touch for them.

When my oldest some was born, we did not know the sex, and did not want to know. We thought he was going to be a girls and were quite shocked he was a boy. When my second son was born, it was a different story. We had a two and a half year old at home, and wanted to know if we should unpack, or go shopping. I think this is common with many first time parents. We did have to go home and get other clothes because the oldest was 8 lbs, 3 oz, and the second was 10 lbs, 13 oz, and two weeks early. We still had to go shopping because the size of our second child did not align with the sizes his older brother was in at the same season. I don't regret not knowing the sex of the first, or knowing the sex of the second. They may do the same.

Some of us love and honor our dead, and think of them as the furthest thing from creepy.

There are some interesting studies about women who tend to have boys, and women who tend to have girls (and women who really tend to hit the 50/50 mark). There may be physical reasons why some people have two or more boys in a row. We'll have to wait and see, next time, what happens. (Kate's mom would be the best predictor: we should be guessing 50/50 each birth).

Erm nope, Lords Spiritual are those who hold office in the HOL by virtue of their ecclesiastical offices. Bishops, Archbishops, abbots, priors etc. Lords Temporal are those aligned with a political party.

Lords Temporal don't have to be aligned to a political party - they can be independent of any party. They simply have to have a seat in the House of Lords - so all Life Peers are there regardless of being aligned to a political party.

Prior to 1999 for instance Charles, Philip and Andrew were counted amongst the Lords Temporal because they were members of the House of Lords.

I am so happy everything goes well on her dereveling,tha little Prince looks adorable the whole family looks cute:flowers:

Back
Top Bottom