The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a really lovely name. I'm happy that Alexander got in there (it's one of my favorite names) and I think it's a nice nod to the Queen.

Pardon my ignorance but how is Alexander a nod to the Queen?

Isn't Alexandra a family name...perhaps a nod to the Queen's family?

LaRae

I like the fact that , in a way, they are surprising us, again.
It's a modern couple but yet they chose a very traditional, and regal, name.
Bet some media will be highly disappointed, but its shows that the Monarchy is made of traditions above all.

I love his name! George Alexander Louis has a wonderful ring to it.

It is a time to change a name of the thread. The prince George of Cambridge.

I like the name Combination. Louis is Prince William Middle name and Lord Mountbatten Name. George also honor Charles when you think about.

Some asked about Alexander, Alexander is a male version of Alexandra which could be honoring The Queen Great Grandmother Alexandra of Denmark who was the wife of King Edward VII.

Alexandra is also the Queen Middle name.

It is a time to change a name of the thread. The prince George of Cambridge.

I was getting ready to suggest that. Only he'd be Prince George, not 'the,' as he isn't the child of the sovereign.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 2m
Prince George doesn't have to be King George if he accedes to the throne. He can choose another name.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 48s
The names, according to their spokesman, were the ones the couple wanted. They've told their families.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 49s
During her pregnancy, Kate told someone they had a shortlist of names, but friends kept texting them with suggestions.

I'm surprised they didn't choose four names and didn't choose Philip, Charles or Michael. But in the end it is a nice name and everybody was expecting George, right?

I think Prince Alexander does sound a bit more modern, but Prince George is nice and is a name that is not in use. I knew they wouldn't call him James as that's too close to little Viscount Severn.

Alexander and Louis are nice. I am surprised there is no Arthur as Charles and William have the name, but about time they changed tradition. Louis is a nice addition and little nod to Louis Mountbatten. Is Prince Edward's middle name after Louis Mountbatten or is it after another Louis?

I agree. The problem isn't just the media anymore, there are so many people with cell phone cameras. The media wouldn't do it if people didn't buy papers or click on the links. I hate to think of them stuck inside the house with the curtains closed.

When I visited KP back in May I was very shocked to see how visible the private section of the palace was. As you walk to Kensington Gardens where alot of embassies are located on the left side of the street and then on the right one could see the private apartments. There was a large sign on the street that said no picture taking. I didn't see people taking photos but probably some have.

EDIT
Prince George Alexander is a fine name!

I think they are saving Charles/Michael/Phillip etc for another son.

LaRae

Wow.. I had it all wrong.. lol I bet on a girl and her name would be Alexandra Diana Elizabeth Catherine.. I am surprised no Charles or Michael or Philip..

I was surprised they had only three names too. I think it is great they did that though. George is not my favorite name, but I'm glad they chose the names that they liked.

Ahh - the thread title change makes the baby name feel officially Official. :)

I like the name, no big surprise there, just glad its finally announced. I do wish they would of used Phillip in the name somewhere but I am sure they had a reason. Wonder why they went with 3 names instead of the normal 4 for a boy?

Not that they asked me....can't imagine why not!...but I really don't like the name George. I know William and Kate bow to tradition, and perhaps it is honoring the Queen's father, but it just seems too old fashioned for this modern couple. Maybe they plan to call him Alex.

I like the name Combination. Louis is Prince William Middle name and Lord Mountbatten Name. George also honor Charles when you think about.

Some asked about Alexander, Alexander is a male version of Alexandra which could be honoring The Queen Great Grandmother Alexandra of Denmark who was the wife of King Edward VII.

Alexandra is also the Queen Middle name.

Alexandra is also the name of William's godmother, the Queen's (and Prince Philip's) cousin Princess Alexandra of Kent.

This child will reign most likely no earlier than in 60-65 years. Maybe George will become super popular again and King George won't sound old-fashioned.

Not that they asked me....can't imagine why not!...but I really don't like the name George. I know William and Kate bow to tradition, and perhaps it is honoring the Queen's father, but it just seems too old fashioned for this modern couple. Maybe they plan to call him Alex.

I preferred Alexander too, but surely if they were planning on calling him Alexander they would have said their preference. They did that with Harry didn't they? I like Alexander and would have liked Edward and Sophie to call James it instead, but I was pleased it was one of his middle names too.

I think Prince Alexander does sound a bit more modern, but Prince George is nice and is a name that is not in use. I knew they wouldn't call him James as that's too close to little Viscount Severn.

I too did not expect James as he also has an Uncle James.

:whistling::lol: Hm, what will be his nickname then? Georgie???
BYe Bine

This child will reign most likely no earlier than in 60-65 years. Maybe George will become super popular again and King George won't sound old-fashioned.
The name George is already popular for young boys in England and Wales. It's been in the top twenty since at least 1996 (#12 in 2011).

The announcement said that he will be known as "The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge," so I don't think they'll be calling him anything else (aside from some perhaps some pet names within the family).

Back
Top Bottom