The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, Charles & Camilla just arrived to make their visit to the Cambridge's.

I think they may come out because the hospital staff is all lined up.

Given that staff from the hospital have been allowed to stand outside the hospital I'm wondering (hoping really) if the Cambridge family will depart soon after Charles and Camilla leave. Really just hoping at this point!

On the American news channel we are watching they spend more time talking about Diana than the new family of three and it's driving me mad!

They just said: "Coming up, Princess Diana's eldest child now a parent himself but can Duchess Kate follow her example?"

As if Catherine will find it difficult to be a good mother. I respect Diana for the wonderful charity work and humanitarian work she did and there is no doubt she loved her boys. However she was not a saint and made many mistakes too. It's time for the press to stop the comparisons and let William and Catherine be their own people.

:previous:
AMEN!

It's looking like it's possible that the Cambridge's will leave after Charles & Camilla.

I'm confused - if Catherine was leaving tonight, like now tonight, why would Charles and Camilla go to the hospital to see them when they could easily drive to KP and spend quieter time in their own home. Michael and Carole stayed an hour right? I imagine C&C would stay around the same time and if the staff are staying outside instead of going in, then they're either waiting for someone else to arrive or William and Catherine are coming out in a minute.

Sarah Hewson ‏@skynewssarah 47s
Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to the hospital from York and are heading off to Wales after meeting Baby Cambridge

Looks like Charles & Camilla are making a quick visit before heading off to Wales. I was confused too, Lumutqueen.

Yes, I was sort of hoping for a girl, but now that I see the Diana circus I'm relieved he's a boy, for his sake. The media scrutiny on a little girl would be unbearable. Imagine if she dared to be too fat, or too thin, or look too much like Diana, or too little like her? God forbid. At least a little boy will be treated like his own person.

I'm confused - if Catherine was leaving tonight, like now tonight, why would Charles and Camilla go to the hospital to see them when they could easily drive to KP and spend quieter time in their own home. Michael and Carole stayed an hour right? I imagine C&C would stay around the same time and if the staff are staying outside instead of going in, then they're either waiting for someone else to arrive or William and Catherine are coming out in a minute.

I thought the same, if btoh grandparents visited today then I assumed that the family would be staying in tonight as well hwoever Camilla and Charles apparently have to go to Wales tonight so would not be able to visit later so maybe the Cambridge's will leave tonight after all but C+C wanted to visit before they went away.

Just a thought- Might they all leave together? Might be helpful with sorting out the baby seat :)

It's confused me too, but with all the staff lining up, and the fact that on the live stream I'm watching I just heard them say something about putting up more barriers or something, that sounds to me like the Cambridges are planning to depart. I don't think they'd be doing all that just for Charles and Camilla to depart, but I could be wrong.

I'm confused - if Catherine was leaving tonight, like now tonight, why would Charles and Camilla go to the hospital to see them when they could easily drive to KP and spend quieter time in their own home.

Not to be crass, but: for the photo op. The position of the BRF rather relies on the power of tradition and, well, a bit of drama. You'll notice that they've walked a very fine line through all of this between providing the Duke and Duchess with some privacy and preserving the public spectacle of the event. Even if they would have been able to visit privately right after, Charles and Camilla made a public visit because the people wanted to see them do it.

I have to say when Charles step out if the care I could hear (of course in my head) We Want Charlie! We Want Charlie!

One of the reporters I have in my ear (from Hello's live camera in front of the Lindo Wing) said to another reporter that there wouldn't be any merged appearances. Charles and Camilla will come out first, and then - presuming that they're actually leaving today - William and Catherine will follow later. But I don't know how reliable those reporters are.

The fact that both sets of grandparents have been visiting today also makes me believe that she might first leave tomorrow (which is totally understandable). Perhaps William will come out and say something then. I don't know, I'm still pretty confident that they'll leave today though. It seems like there's too much fuss around the entrance for them not to.

I don't expect sugar fairytales, but we all know that the baby does have something to do with Anne. She is his great-aunt. I agree if Earl Spencer had said the same thing, I wonder how many would think that it was the appropriate thing for him to say. She didn't even have to say that she was happy about it, "thank you" would have been fine. What she said makes her sound grouchy. Well, just my thoughts...

She probably could have left off the, "It's got nothing to do with me", but at least she ended it by saying that "it was very good news".

It's really good to see Charles and Camilla. They looked extremely happy.

If they've just arrived either, they'll come out with William and Catherine and the baby or Catherine and baby are staying another night.

It's also possible that William, Kate and the baby won't depart until after C&C leave.

Not to be crass, but: for the photo op. The position of the BRF rather relies on the power of tradition and, well, a bit of drama. You'll notice that they've walked a very fine line through all of this between providing the Duke and Duchess with some privacy and preserving the public spectacle of the event. Even if they would have been able to visit privately right after, Charles and Camilla made a public visit because the people wanted to see them do it.

I doubt the people gave two hoots, if Catherine had come out 24 hours after the birth of the baby and all four grandparents hadn't come to visit I doubt anyone would be too fussed. Photo op? C&C didn't even look at the cameras, and I bet they'll do exactly the same when they come out if they're not with Catherine and the baby.

The only person anyone wants a picture of, is that baby.

And also its getting quite late in the day now, I'd imagine no one wants to disturb the new family late on so a visit after say 7pm would be unlikley IMO (just my thinking, could be completely wrong) so the grandpaprents were probably eager to visit today rather than wait until tomorrow.

Are there any pictures of Charles and Camilla entering the hospital?
As for Princess Anne, she could have worded it a bit different..:)

I think that they could still be leaving today as we were told (repeatedly) that they would leave after 18:00 today at the earliest. C&C will probably stay 45 mins. So it could still happen.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
We think we'll be told very soon whether the couple are leaving tonight. Hospital staff are still being brought out. Signs of a departure?

Looks like Charles & Camilla are about to depart.

Last edited:
I think they are leaving tonight. I thought I heard one of the reporters on site mention 6 or 7 pm BST. It's possible that they want to let other families get sorted out before they do their thing. I've been watching the live stream, and there have been a few couples leaving with their new babies.

I doubt the people gave two hoots, if Catherine had come out 24 hours after the birth of the baby and all four grandparents hadn't come to visit I doubt anyone would be too fussed. Photo op? C&C didn't even look at the cameras, and I bet they'll do exactly the same when they come out if they're not with Catherine and the baby.

The only person anyone wants a picture of, is that baby.

They waved and smiled a bit. Those photographers have been there for ages waiting for something to take a photo of. I guarantee they were pleased to see C&C arrive, and the Middletons too, since Catherine wasn't ready to leave yet.

I mean, we've seen it on this very forum- people speculating about the grandparents visiting and hoping they would. It helps preserve the sense of ceremony of the thing.

Charles and Camilla about to depart, very quick visit!

Back
Top Bottom