The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm fairly certain that Anne meant no harm saying that, that was just Anne being Anne :D I absolutely love it, I think the comment was priceless and I wouldn't have expected less from her.

A very touching article by Rosa Monckton. The close friend of the late Princess of Wales-

My friend Diana would have been such a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton:
Royal baby born: My friend Diana would have been a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton | Mail Online

It is very sad that Diana couldn't be here to welcome her first grandchild. I'm sure she's on the minds of the family now.

This touched my heart, and made my day.

Last edited:
I don't think they want children yet Charlene said in an interview they planned to have children eventually. Not every couple is in a hurry to have a baby.

In their age parenthood shouldn't be postponed! Charlene is 35 and a half already, let alone Albert, who turned 55 four months ago, and is - sorry for sincerity - already in a grandpa's age.
Remember that older a human being is (both woman and man) their fertility decreases, not saying about possible genetic disorders in eventual child.
And as for the interview, Charlene would not say publicly that she and Albert (may) have fertility problems and (maybe) are curing now. Although nowadays a one quarter of couples have such problems and there is (IMO) no shame in recognizing it.

"He's absolutely beautiful" - Carole Middleton :D

So lovely that they went and said a few things to the press (and to all the people eagerly waiting in anticipation).
They both looked so happy.

Last edited:
They looked very happy to see their grandson for the first time. Very nice of them to say a few words.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 33s
"He is absolutely beautiful. They are both doing really well," says Carole. "It's all coming back."

Last edited:
Such sweet smiles from them and how nice to offer a few words to the waiting press. They, especially Carole, seem besotted with their new little grandson. I can't wait to catch that first glimpse!

In their age parenthood shouldn't be postponed! Charlene is 35 and a half already, let alone Albert, who turned 55 four months ago, and is - sorry for sincerity - already in a grandpa's age.
But Albert has biological children, doesn't he?
At least if they want children they can always adopt.

I chuckled when I read Anne's statement and I did not find it rude at all. She said it was lovely news and she is correct in that it has nothing to do with her. Those who expect the fairytale sugary princess will always be disappointed in Anne as she is much to practical and down to earth for them.

This was... an unfortunate read.

I was actually fine with the content until that last line. Until then, it was the fond recollections of a friend, tinged with some sadness about what would never be. Okay, fine.

Then, we move on to examples of Diana's love in the author's hour of need with her second child. There were some acts of kindness that showed the selfless side of Diana, and I thought those were wonderful memories to share.

But that last bit? Really?

No. Why even bring up Carole Middleton's name in a piece designed to describe your sadness about Diana's missing out on the birth of her first grandchild? Where did she find that connection? Diana's relationship to the boy prince would have had little to do with that of his with his mother's mother. And Carole Middleton was going to love that baby and play a huge role in his life whether or not Diana was still with us; the child is her daughter's first baby, also. That was, IMO, just distasteful.

That was my thought when I read the article. It is unfortunate that some people feel the need to pull someone else down.

To me is very strange that her parents just come to see her today!!! very strange...and also that baby seat that one of her stylish is carrying is also very strange to be the royal baby seat....:ermm:

To me is very strange that her parents just come to see her today!!! very strange...and also that baby seat that one of her stylish is carrying is also very strange to be the royal baby seat....:ermm:

Why is it strange that the Grandparents (Middleton's) went to see their daughter and Newly born Grandson in the hospital? All Grandparents do that. Nothing strange about it.

Live feed

Some of the press are chatting idly in the background of CNN's live feed. I could have sworn I just heard one of them say that 'Charles came at 5' or 'will come at 5'.

My bad- it's the DM feed that I heard this on.

Last edited:
Why is it strange that the Grandparents (Middleton's) went to see their daughter and Newly born Grandson in the hospital? All Grandparents do that. Nothing strange about it.
Only today... after a day? Yes it is very strange to me of course...even if the protocol intend that, I think that Catherine should impose that her parents could see the baby just after he is born...my mother was waiting for me in the room and I had a c section so...yes it is strange...but maybe the protocol was more important....and then they have only stayed one hour very little time to me the new grandson and to take a bit care of her daugther!...

Last edited:
I didn't think it was strange to wait until today, either. The couple may have wanted to have some family time before having guests. I'm sure that mother and daughter have been on the phone with each other regularly since the baby's birth. Catherine and Carole appear to be very close, and this is one of those things that is determined by the couple.

FWIW, when I gave birth, my mother was with me because my husband was unavoidably away (and baby was born 6 days before his due date), but even if he'd been there I wanted my mom to be in the labor room with us. I called a close cousin of mine on the way to the hospital and about 20 minutes after I had my son, 15 additional relatives showed up (my son was the first grandchild, great-grandchild, etc), not to mention the speakerphone with dad and his family! We had quite the celebration in my room (which luckily was private, so as not to disturb anyone else). I was fine with having a bunch of people immediately following the birth; Catherine may not have been. Either choice, or any in between should be fine, too. JMO.

The car seat didn't seem to be odd to me. It's a car seat which will hold the future king of England, but it's still just a car seat. I wasn't expecting the crown jewels to be on the front of it or anything.

Some of the press are chatting idly in the background of CNN's live feed. I could have sworn I just heard one of them say that 'Charles came at 5' or 'will come at 5'.

I heard the exact same thing :) I initially thought they were just talking about some reporter or photographer named Charles, but it would make sense if it's the Prince of Wales. And if I know my time zones well enough, it's 5:00 pm in about fifteen minutes.

We'll see in about 15 minutes. I want to clarify that I don't think there is anything wrong with the family visiting the hospital. But if the parents want some time to themselves, the family should respect that.

I don't find it strange why couldn't her mother and father wait a day. Katherine and William probably wanted that first few hours all to themselves. I didn't see my mother until the next day after my children were born that time after the births was for me and my husband.

A taxi to take home the child. I'm sorry but that is a bit ridiculous .... Most of us aren't royals but how many of us would take a child home via taxi rather than have 1) the limo driver, 2) the Dad drive, or 3) have a family member come pick them up.

I realize and understand that William and Kate want some degree if normalcy, but the reality is that they are anything but normal. They just need to "get on with it" ... To quote a very wise woman. ;)

Only today??? after a day??? yes it is very strange...even if the protocolo intend that I think that Catherine should impose that her parents could see the baby just after he is born...my mother was waiting for me in the room and I ahve a c section so...yes it is strange...but maybe the protocol was more important....

I agree - to me, it seems a bit strange that none of the family saw the baby the day it was born. I mean, if I were the having a baby, I'd expect my immediate family to be in the waiting room and see the baby shortly after it's born (or at least on the same day). But when it comes to the royal family, visits from anyone seem to be relatively limited. On the news they were making quite a big deal over the fact that William was actually spending the night in the hospital with Kate (which I guess hasn't been done in the past with the royals, but is quite common with normal folks).

I'm sorry to say I think Princess Anne's comment was rude. "I'm happy for them" would have sufficed. It's not that hard. If Putin can do it, so can Anne.:lol:

Agreed. What she said sounded snotty.

Why is it strange that first-time grandparents came to see the baby?? I don't get this at all.

Also, I don't understand-what's strange about the baby seat? It looks like a regular, government-mandated and modern baby seat.

I don't find it strange why couldn't her mother and father wait a day. Katherine and William probably wanted that first few hours all to themselves. I didn't see my mother until the next day after my children were born that time after the births was for me and my husband.

They went to the hospital a full day after the birth. Not like they were pushing in just after the baby was born.

I agree - to me, it seems a bit strange that none of the family saw the baby the day it was born. I mean, if I were the having a baby, I'd expect my immediate family to be in the waiting room and see the baby shortly after it's born (or at least on the same day). But when it comes to the royal family, visits from anyone seem to be relatively limited. On the news they were making quite a big deal over the fact that William was actually spending the night in the hospital with Kate (which I guess hasn't been done in the past with the royals, but is quite common with normal folks).
I don't think fathers staying overnight was common in the early 80s when William was born. Even when my kids were born, my husband didn't stay over and I don't know anyone whose husband did. I think it has changed over the past 10 years or so as hospitals have developed maternity suites for the whole family.

I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.

I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.

Exactly this was Kate and Williams time to enjoy their new son.

Do we know if they will announce that they leave?Can´t imagine they will just go...

A taxi to take home the child. I'm sorry but that is a bit ridiculous .... Most of us aren't royals but how many of us would take a child home via taxi rather than have 1) the limo driver, 2) the Dad drive, or 3) have a family member come pick them up.

I realize and understand that William and Kate want some degree if normalcy, but the reality is that they are anything but normal. They just need to "get on with it" ... To quote a very wise woman. ;)

Where are you seeing that William and Kate will take a taxi to get home?

As for the Middletons seeing the child the next day, I don't see why that's so strange. William and Kate wanted to take some time to spend it with their new baby before they introduced him to the rest of the family. I'm sure Kate's parent were fine with waiting a few hours to see their grandchild.

Back
Top Bottom