The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You totally missed my point I said it was sweet that they took time to spend time alone together with the baby and the media did say that they waited awhile as well to call family..to have that alone time. No need to be rude...

I agree with you. For them to hold that secret before the whole world knew of his arrival was probably very special to them.

You totally missed my point I said it was sweet that they took time to spend time alone together with the baby and the media did say that they waited awhile as well to call family..to have that alone time. No need to be rude...

My point of the post was to express that it was sweet...

Actually you missed mine, or didn't read. The only people who could have infringed on the private time of the couple is the family. They are the only ones who could have called, or visited, interrupting the private family time. Telling the media out on the street, that the baby was born, would not have infringed on the private time. Unless William came out to make the announcement, or they let the media into the nursery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congradulations to the Duke and Duchess on the happy event. I am so glad that HM and Prince Philip are alive and well to see the birth of a great-grandchild.

Actually you missed mine, or didn't read. The only people who could have infringed on the private time of the couple is the family. They are the only ones who could have called, or visited, interrupting the private family time. Telling the media out on the street, that the baby was born, would not have infringed on the private time. Unless William came out to make the announcement, or they let the media into the nursery.

No, I think you're missing hers- it was sweet that they took time together as a new, small family to just be- to enjoy each other and not worry about messaging and PR and press releases and world attention. For a few hours, it got to just be them.

No, no one else would have been allowed in the room, but the second the news was out it became a celebration for the whole world. Until then, it got to be a celebration just for those they love most.

There is a difference between missing and disagreeing. Discussions often involve the second.

There is a difference between missing and disagreeing. Discussions often involve the second.

Then you might have avoided implying otherwise in your prior response to other members.

This is such a small thing to argue about.

Can we just agree that it was nice that the new family had some quiet time together?

How long will the birth announcement stay by the gates at BP?

Well, as touchy as this reply is, I would think you could understand that the couple wanted a few hours where they kept a momentous family event private - just for themselves and the family. That's what a lot of us would have done. In public, it's only acceptable when they smile. In private - I think they get to be in the driver's seat and make decisions about what they say and when. They had no choice with the pregnancy announcement because of Catherine's extreme illness and their almost complete lack of privacy.
If you want people to cut you slack, you have to cut others some slack as well - and that includes the D and DOC. That's MY opinion and my experience in life.

Champagne! Champagne for Everyone!

I stopped on the way home and bought myself a celebratory bottle of red wine. I think I'll make myself a steak, and settle down and watch some Doctor Who now :)

This has been such an exciting day! Can't wait until the name is announced.

Yes we can. I am so pleased for the family. I think they will be brilliant parents - they care about one another and when you model that for your children, it is a great life lesson.

I hope Apt 1A gets finisheds sooner than later. I hope BC recognizes all his grandparents and aunts and uncles within the next few months. I hope they let Lady Louise hold the baby. I hope his first cold virus is short. I do hope his mum and dad catch his first tear on a tissue and save it forever! I can't wait to see Uncle harry hoist him up on his shoulders. I can't wait for Aunt Zara to rub her nose on his.
I am besotted with a child who I will never meet and who has yet to be named (that we know of).

Really? NBC interrupted programming for about 30-45 minutes after the announcement (at least where I live), and CNN has had non-stop royal coverage until about 5-10 minutes ago when they started reporting on an emergency plane landing at LaGuardia.

I was just going to say that. In fact, all the major networks interrupted their broadcasts (I actually watched the announcement on NBC). All the morning news/talk shows lead with the story of Kate going into labor and CNN has basically been non-stop coverage. They did report on the emergency plane landing, but then went back to royal coverage. Even my local news was talking about the birth.

For US viewers, tonight NBC is airing a special Dateline called, "The Little Prince". It'll be on at 10 pm ET

I know william said he was thinking of having two kids...but I think they are going to end up having more than then that. Kate got her wish...william is next. They probably just wanted a healthy baby and they got that...and its nice to know that the main dr said the baby was wonderful and beautiful. I wanted them to have a girl, but, I am happy for them I think they are going to make amazing parents and I love that they delayed the announcement for 4 hrs to spend time together with the baby.

I love that too.

Last edited:
I stopped on the way home and bought myself a celebratory bottle of red wine. I think I'll make myself a steak, and settle down and watch some Doctor Who now :)

This has been such an exciting day! Can't wait until the name is announced.

Haha, I was watching Doctor Who throughout this morning's baby watch myself.

Haha, I was watching Doctor Who throughout this morning's baby watch myself.

Nothing like a British icon to celebrate the birth of someone destined to be another British icon :)

Now i am really mad lol. I woke up two hours ago and found out the baby was born around 4:30pm and at that time, I was still awake and I went to bed nonetheless because there was still no sight of an announcement! So yeah the baby was born when I was awake--they just had a slow announcement lol

Anyway, congrats on the birth! It's definitely a big baby boy (I guessed right lol!) :)

My son and I had a celebratory beer, he got a newcastle for england's sake!

Congradulations Prince William and Kate.

I was thinking about this and wonder if anyone has an answer to this. Seems like that in recent times the births of the heirs to the throne of Britain have been male.The Queen Mom, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Diana and Kate firstborn have been males. When was the last time the first born was a female? Seems like it's been a very long time.

:previous:
Queen Victoria in 1840. And Yes I have notice that and I mention this in a post on the musing thread a few days back.

The Gender of the first Child of the last 8 Queens/Consorts/Princess of Wales:

Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz: Boy
Victoria Duchess of Kent: Girl
Queen Victoria: Girl
Queen Alexandra: Boy
Queen Mary: Boy
Queen Mother: Girl
Queen Elizabeth: Boy
Princess Diana: Boy

Congradulations to the Duke and Duchess on the happy event. I am so glad that HM and Prince Philip are alive and well to see the birth of a great-grandchild.

Correction, to see the birth of another great grandchild. They already have 2 great granddaughters, Savannah & Isla and a fourth one on the way.

Last edited:
Congradulations Prince William and Kate.

I was thinking about this and wonder if anyone has an answer to this. Seems like that in recent times the births of the heirs to the throne of Britain have been male.The Queen Mom, Queen Elizabeth, Princess Diana and Kate firstborn have been males. When was the last time the first born was a female? Seems like it's been a very long time.

Um... the Queen Mum's first born WAS Elizabeth who was female. So her.

So only three generations have had boys first- Elizabeth, Diana and Kate. Considering it's a 50/50 shot each time, that's not unusual.

The Queen Mother had a girl the current Queen. So it's the Queen, Diana and now Kate to have boys first. It could be a good thing in a way a little girl would be under so much pressure they might be a little more relaxed how a boy dresses etc. It's their first Great Grandson so that is good if Zara has a girl he is going to be surrounded in girl cousins. LOL We haven't seen William yet I remember Charles coming out after his birth we may be having to wait till they all leave the hospital together.

I was so positive it was a girl, too - largely because they ran right out and changed the rules the so she could sit on the throne. I wonder when we'll see a picture?

So happy he is here, and how nice to have all of you to chat with. My kids are indulgent, but a little unsure about why I am so excited! I did pull my daughter out of school to watch W & C's wedding (so fun - breakfast in bed), so she was happy to watch with me today.

I guess I was a little off in my Girl/July 8 prediction... Can't wait for first pictures and a name.

P.S. also can't wait to see my favorite ginger as an uncle. How cute will that be!

I was so positive it was a girl, too - largely because they ran right out and changed the rules the so she could sit on the throne. I wonder when we'll see a picture?

The agreement to change the succession laws was made before Catherine was pregnant. A girl could aways succeed to the throne, the new rules will eventually just mean that a sister cannot be passed by a younger brother in succession to the throne.

I so wanted this baby to be a boy, so that Prince Christian wouldn't be all alone. Most of all I am glad that both Kate and the new Prince are well.

eventually is a *long* way off at this point I am afraid. and yes, about Christian...even male royals need a guy roughly the same age to talk to who is in the same position and relates... they will almost certainly have military experience, father hood and who knows what else to talk about that the ladies won't have. he'll have vince though anyhow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom