The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations to the proud,happy parents ,delighted for them and the new Prince!

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24pm. Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well.

The fact that the son is actually typed unlike the time of birth, makes me think they did know.

or they had two notes prepared one for a boy and one for a girl as it was always going to be on or the other but the time could have been any!

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24pm. Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well.

The fact that the son is actually typed unlike the time of birth, makes me think they did know.

Or they had two copies, one with boy and one girl, on standby.

WAs I NOT correct in saying all along she was carrying a son?
I rest my case

Yes, and if she'd had a daughter, all of those who picked "girl" would be saying the same thing you are right now. You had a 50/50 chance at being correct. You didn't know with 100% certainty what the gender of the child was, you guessed, just like everyone else did.

Reactions: Liz
I am glad that it is a boy. As gorgeous as it would have been to be a girl at least we won't have the issue of whether Diana should or shouldn't have been one of the names etc or the media making out the baby is the new Diana.

So much for the helicopter pilot theory and so much for that woman who said Catherine said it was a girl.

Ah ah ah i was thinking the same thing. Time to laugh now about all the wild speculations and rumours ...

Simon Vigar ‏@simonvigar5:
''Its been a wonderful day and everyone's delighted'' royal staffer #royababy :: new dad william made all the calls to queen, charles, Harry and the in-laws.

Did anyone else notice that 'son' was already typed, unlike the time of birth which was handwritten in?

I was hoping it was a baby girl...but, I am very happy for them. I think the name will be Philip.

I am glad that it is a boy. As gorgeous as it would have been to be a girl at least we won't have the issue of whether Diana should or shouldn't have been one of the names etc or the media making out the baby is the new Diana.

Thank god for that !

So much for the helicopter pilot theory and so much for that woman who said Catherine said it was a girl.

Maybe you have to be more active, didn't William have problems as he was not logging enough flying hours? Wait and see when Harry has kids, if he has girls, maybe there is something behind the speculation.

Did anyone else notice that 'son' was already typed, unlike the time of birth which was handwritten in?

Yes. My initial thought was that they already knew it was a boy, however it would be easy to have two copies one with girl and one with boy.

Well i can say that i didn't have a clue what gender the child would be, but i kinda like it's a boy :)

Yes, and if she'd had a daughter, all of those who picked "girl" would be saying the same thing you are right now. You had a 50/50 chance at being correct. You didn't know with 100% certainty what the gender of the child was, you guessed, just like everyone else did.
I agree with you, 50/50 probability is nothing. If we had 10 diferent genders, and someone got it right because he "knew" somewhat, then that would be diferent. With just two choices, the "winning bet" is higher and easier.

As someone else pointed out, it's far more likely they had two birth announcements at the ready, one for a boy, the other for a girl, and all that would be required was writing in the time of birth.

A healthy boy - just watched the official 'town crier' make the announcement - I love the medieval pageantry that is mixed with the modern in this announcement.

Charles has also produced a press announcement about being a grand-dad for the first time - don't have a link as heard it on TV - local TV here is just interviewing the town crier (who has just predicted Charles for the name).

From Prince Charles, "“Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild."

The media is saying that it's possible that the royal couple and baby could go home tomorrow.

I'm wondering if William will make an appearance tonight?

Statement from The POW and the DOC.
"absolutely delighted"

Or at least the doctors knew, and whoever typed up the press release in advance. It's possible the new parents didn't know (but probably more likely that they did).

Yay congratulations to the couple. I knew it Boy on an even number day lol. Was getting annoyed at people thinking for sure a girl sorry. Hopefully U.S. Media can all move on now.

:flowers: Congratulations to the couple! There are a lot of little girls in line for the thrones of Europe. It lovely that there's another boy in line...though he'll have to wait for his grandfather and father.

Yaaaaaaaay!!! Can't wait for the pictures now :D
I was hoping for a boy but you're right, there would be endless comparisons with Diana, so now I'm more happy with the gender :flowers:

The media is saying that it's possible that the royal couple and baby could go home tomorrow.
So soon, but no one beats Victoria's.
The press did say this night they will stay at the hospital, they just mentioned one night, so it might be possible for them to go home tomorow.

I was hoping for a boy but you're right, there would be endless comparisons with Diana, so now I'm more happy with the gender :flowers:
They still can have a daughter in the future.

What a great news! A healthy baby is all that matters but I was expecting a baby boy cos girls seem to arrive early (well, that's the case in my family). Congratulations to the families, that's sure a day of great joy!

Back
Top Bottom