The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew it was a boy! No wonder no rush to change legislation in the commonwealth.

Congratulations to the parents!

There was no rush anyways. The laws are being put into place for any descendents of Charles. Kate could have had a girl, followed by six boys before the law changed, and the little girl would still have become heir to the throne. The only way she wouldn't, is if her grandmother, grandfather and father all died before the law changed. Laws take time to change.

I was hoping for a girl, but I am really happy for a boy! Congratulations William and Catherine!

It was great that they were able to delay the announcement and there are no pictures of them entering the hospital. So much for the media camping out all those days. Do you suppose they didn't call anyone for a few hours or that the Queen and the grandparents knew and they didn't authorize the release.

Almost 4kg, a very big baby, nice healthy size. Will they announce the cm? I bet he was born with 52 or 53 cm.

Now Christian is not alone anymore :D

Will they release more details?

Good for them - waiting a few hours before announcing. So exciting!! I had hoped for a girl, but I am just very happy the baby is healthy and Catherine had a safe labour.

Yay!

Honestly, I'm glad to hear this! The long wait is over.

Long live the (future) King!

Oh yeah, hooray for Prince Christian for not being the only royal male heir in his age group/generation/what have you.

I'm enjoying listening to the press grumbling about being kept waiting for so long.

Are there any live feeds of BP?

@MaxFosterCNN: Kate didn't have c section. All well. William with her throughout

Well, technically Christian wasn't alone. He has William to keep him company. You know as heir to the heir.

No wonder that it's a boy. Duke of Edinburgh has three sons, prince of Wales two sons. William has more Y - sperms.

That has nothing to do with it. It's a 50/50 roll of the dice in determining the baby's gender. It all depends on which one of William's "little swimmers" gets there first. Could have an X, could have a Y.....there's literally no way to predict it.

So happy for them! And so nice they had 4 whole hours of privacy! Well done.
I knew it was a boy too.
Same weight as my first born, a nice size.

Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their baby boy!!!!

Now please, I have my fingers crossed for a no George.

Please let it be either Arthur or Richard...

From Clerance House website:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4.24pm.

The baby weighs 8lbs 6oz.

The Duke of Cambridge was present for the birth.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry and members of both families have been informed and are delighted with the news.

Her Royal Highness and her child are both doing well and will remain in hospital overnight.

Notes to editors

1. The medical staff present were Mr Marcus Setchell, Surgeon-Gynaecologist, Mr Guy Thorpe-Beeston, Obstetrician and Dr Sunit Godambe, Consultant Neonatologist at St. Mary’s Hospital.

2. The names of the baby will be announced in due course

3. The baby is third in the line of succession after His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales and His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge. He is styled His Royal Highness Prince [name] of Cambridge.

4. A formal notice of the birth will be posted on the forecourt of Buckingham Palace.

It was great that they were able to delay the announcement and there are no pictures of them entering the hospital. So much for the media camping out all those days. Do you suppose they didn't call anyone for a few hours or that the Queen and the grandparents knew and they didn't authorize the release.

Looking back in the thread, I think 4:24 is about the time that the rumours were that her mother and sister were on the way to the hospital :lol:
So I'm guessing they did what many new parents do and informed their own parents first ;-)

Well, technically Christian wasn't alone. He has William to keep him company. You know as heir to the heir.

Yeah, but with the recent royal births, all except Christian were female heirs. I know generations mean something different among royalty, but in age group, Christian was The King.

king Christian of Denmark don't feel so left out now!

It's a 50/50 roll of the dice in determining the baby's gender. It all depends on which one of William's "little swimmers" gets there first.
But it turned out that a boy will likely be born, if his family tree contained many men.
Please, no George.

Ahhh i was at the doctors when my friend from England texted me on facebook telling me that it was a boy!! I was so happy since i had a feeling that it was one!!! I literally jumped from joy!!!

When did Diana came out with William when she leaved the hospital? 3 days after birth?

George and Edward have been used so often I hope it is something else. James, Phillip, Henry

Back
Top Bottom