The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-19-2013, 01:03 AM
Courtier

No Carole got on the train and went home.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Serene Highness

Please don't throw things... but now that is kind of weird. When they were at her house it was different but her going with them seems a tad clingy. And, real talk, no matter how much he likes her William may want time with his wife and son sans a MIL.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

So word has it apparently we're going to get the first photoshoot tomorrow. I'm pretty excited tbh
Old 08-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Please don't throw things... but now that is kind of weird. When they were at her house it was different but her going with them seems a tad clingy. And, real talk, no matter how much he likes her William may want time with his wife and son sans a MIL.
She travelled with Kate, stayed for a bit to help them settle, then went home. I doubt Kate wanted to travel that far alone with a newborn.

All this second guessing of private family decisions is getting a bit obsessive.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Well, put me in the weird category, because, as I have said earlier, I am Italian American and family situations and closeness like this are the norm for my family. So call me weird, I find it comforting and my grown sons have a very touching and special relationship with my old and ailing mother, and I am glad.

Let me add that I do not know William, but perhaps the absence of his mom at this important time in his life is being felt. Diana was such a natural with her sons and other children, perhaps her not being there is very sad for him.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Oh for God's sake give it a rest. The fact they'll be leaving Wales in a few weeks is well known. Considering all that packing and getting stuff ready entails, and taking care of an almost month old on top of that, if you think they wouldn't need some help dealing all of that, then think again. Considering George now knows Granny Carole, it's only natural, they'd ask her to go up and give them a hand.

Here's hoping those photos do come out tomorrow and we can talk about them instead. The way this thread's gone the last couple of weeks just has me shaking my head in disbelief.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Serene Highness

Well, no, I "won't give it a rest". I offered an opinion and mine is as valid as anyone else's -not every single poster is going to agree with every single thing the Cambridge's do. This is a discussion board for just that:discussion-both pro and con. Not a fan Page.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:04 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Cambridges are able to make the decisions they want in the management of their private lives. They certainly do not need any input from the peanut gallery.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:13 AM
Serene Highness

They may not need it but they got it -comes with being a public figure -Even your private life is not private and that's the breaks :)
Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
They may not need it but they got it -comes with being a public figure -Even your private life is not private and that's the breaks :)
Well of course, why this place exists - they live under public scrutiny. I am not disputing that in the least, nor trying to stop opinions. Some of us are parents and are giving experienced opinions. Not saying it's for all first time parents to have help from their families, luckily I did and I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:54 AM
Serene Highness

I don't either...but they have been in her house and Carol has been helping/advising/guiding Kate and been on hand for a month now. Maybe it might be time let go a bit .
Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Jeez then my family must be nuts since we basically live with my grandparents. We're on the top floor and their on the bottom floor of the house.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Courtier

I don't see anything wrong with Carole helping out Kate and William. It's her first child and Kate like most new mothers could be overwhelmed. Doesn't everyone's mother help out especially with the first? My sister actually moved back home after her first so the family could help out. Nothing wrong with family support. I hope we get these pictures soon so we can see the little guy.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

In my family mothers were not around when we had our first borns as they worked in different towns to where we lived - my mother lived nearly 200 kms away and my sister-in-laws mother lived over 2000 kms away. I also was over 2 hours away from my sister-in-law so both she and I had to cope from day 1 with no mothers or other family - and we did.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
In my family mothers were not around when we had our first borns as they worked in different towns to where we lived - my mother lived nearly 200 kms away and my sister-in-laws mother lived over 2000 kms away. I also was over 2 hours away from my sister-in-law so both she and I had to cope from day 1 with no mothers or other family - and we did.
Yes, of course, many new mothers must manage their infants and households all by themselves. But all who were lucky enough to have help from their own mothers understand how fortunate Catherine is to have been able to rely on her parents. My own mother did the laundry and most of the cooking, cuddled her new grandson to her heart's content, stepped and fetched for all of us, and enjoyed spending time with our family in such a cozy way. It was much better than having a nanny or a baby nurse, and we were much closer as a family after the experience. Who wouldn't prefer the help of her immediate family rather than going it alone?
Old 08-19-2013, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I do hope we see some photos of the family today, even if it is just one group shot of the trio. It's nice to let the public see the family and if they do it like this (releasing photos for occasions etc.) will limit the press intrusion.

Someone said on Tumblr that it's nothing new for a member of the family to take the first photo's of the newborn. It is kind of new for a heir to be presented this way? Andrew took the photos for his child and Louise, but we did not see James until the one christening image released in April. James was definitely the most hidden newborn of the Queen's grandchildren.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Today I got my thank you card from TRH. It is a wonderful picture of them leaving the hospital and a lovely thank you text at the back.

This card is a "jubilee" for me. It is the 100th thank you card I have received.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 4h
Expecting official pix of Will and Kate with George tomorrow - but WHO took them?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Heir Apparent

http://http://edition.cnn.com/2013/0...arebar_twitter
Prince William's interview about George!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

if it doesn't work go on cnn!