The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
There are now reports from "sources" that Kate will be staying with the Midds for 6 months, while Will might consider being based in London or Norfolk. I have no idea how reputable this newspaper is.

Kate Middleton considers staying with "baby whisperer" mum Carole for six months - Independent.ie
Never heard of that paper but
1. All stories so far have said 6 weeks, not 6 months;
2. They can't be moving to Norfolk unless William is going to RAF Wattisham. Anmer Hall is not vacant yet and the ground and building works not yet started;

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-16-2013, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

According to a twitter report, William and Carole spotted at Bangor Station. Maybe they are all in Wales.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Adjusting to a new bundle of joy is never easy no matter who the parents are, how "perfect" the baby is or how much help and backup you have. Will himself remarked on having sleepless nights and that George was an active baby. Along with adjusting to the new addition and the diapers and the bottles and the spitting up and the 3 am feedings, you realize that the world has not come to a stop. Jobs still have to be done, groceries do not buy themselves and it is not unusual that a new mother gets into "moods" now and then. Why would it not be the same for Will and Kate as new parents?

After 2 weeks paternity leave, it was back to business as usual for William at work. He has a very demanding job which does put a lot of restrictions on him. Those restrictions are not only to ensure the safety of the aircraft and his crew but also ensures that he is clear minded and able to make quick snap decisions.

This couple has known each other and have a mature enough relationship to know that they don't have to be in each other's pockets 24/7. In fact, I think most couples find that when they are continuously together, it can get stressful and they need a break from each other. Ask me how I know. Mr. Remote is retired here and its been quite a long time since I've had "me" time. I'd love someone to take him away for a weekend or so. We have to remember too that there's another little stress factor involved right now. It usually is prescribed that a new mother give herself 6 weeks at least to heal after having a baby and that could really leave Will kinda chompin at the bit and to be honest, a good stag party is the perfect prescription for letting off some steam and just plain having fun. We don't know but its very possible that Kate has also had some "hen" time away with her friends. That's the beauty of having a strong support system intact.

It won't be long till they're settled in KP and fall into a routine that suits them and George. Its all part of married life.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Adjusting to a new bundle of joy is never easy no matter who the parents are, how "perfect" the baby is or how much help and backup you have. Will himself remarked on having sleepless nights and that George was an active baby. Along with adjusting to the new addition and the diapers and the bottles and the spitting up and the 3 am feedings, you realize that the world has not come to a stop. Jobs still have to be done, groceries do not buy themselves and it is not unusual that a new mother gets into "moods" now and then. Why would it not be the same for Will and Kate as new parents?

After 2 weeks paternity leave, it was back to business as usual for William at work. He has a very demanding job which does put a lot of restrictions on him. Those restrictions are not only to ensure the safety of the aircraft and his crew but also ensures that he is clear minded and able to make quick snap decisions.

This couple has known each other and have a mature enough relationship to know that they don't have to be in each other's pockets 24/7. In fact, I think most couples find that when they are continuously together, it can get stressful and they need a break from each other. Ask me how I know. Mr. Remote is retired here and its been quite a long time since I've had "me" time. I'd love someone to take him away for a weekend or so. We have to remember too that there's another little stress factor involved right now. It usually is prescribed that a new mother give herself 6 weeks at least to heal after having a baby and that could really leave Will kinda chompin at the bit and to be honest, a good stag party is the perfect prescription for letting off some steam and just plain having fun. We don't know but its very possible that Kate has also had some "hen" time away with her friends. That's the beauty of having a strong support system intact.

It won't be long till they're settled in KP and fall into a routine that suits them and George. Its all part of married life.
Well put, Osipi. I think they're hip to the ways of married life and parenthood. It takes some adjustment and cooperation. I think the Cambridge's are doing just fine.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I don't find it strange that she has been staying with her parents. Since William is in Anglesey for 3 days of the week, she'd want to have someone around to help with the baby. So staying with her family makes perfect sense. And if I'm not mistaken, Nottingham is smallish, so there may not be enough room for her parents to stay.

They won't be there much longer anyway. Kate is supposed to be heading up to Anglesey soon and then they'll be back in London once William's job ends in September.
I do not either. I am from the United States, and when I had my first born, my hubby and I lived with my mum and dad. We are Italian-American, and family is everything and it is wonderful!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Gentry

Um in America we have Bachelor parties and from what i have heard and read about stag do's they are tame in comparison. I mean "The Hangover" anyone
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
Um in America we have Bachelor parties and from what i have heard and read about stag do's they are tame in comparison. I mean "The Hangover" anyone
Yes because The Hangover is the prime example of a bachelor party! Bachelor party and Stag do are the same thing, in my book anyway.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yes because The Hangover is the prime example of a bachelor party! Bachelor party and Stag do are the same thing, in my book anyway.
and it isnt a criminal offence or reason for rehab in either country.

heck, some peeps really need to lighten up.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal baby given Sarajevo football club membership card:
Royal baby given Sarajevo football club membership card

JB ‏@Royal_beans 5h
"Prince George was made a member of Bosnia's top football club in a gesture of gratitude for the humanitarian work of his late grandmother"

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

No one has posted this yet? I'm not seeing it anywhere. I wonder when it will come out.

Prince William discusses fatherhood and hopes for baby George in new documentary | Mail Online
Old 08-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
No one has posted this yet? I'm not seeing it anywhere. I wonder when it will come out.

Prince William discusses fatherhood and hopes for baby George in new documentary | Mail Online
I do believe its being discussed in the Duke of Cambridge thread. Should be an interesting interview.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
How Carole the live-in-granny followed Kate and baby to Wales: Duchess of Cambridge's mother moves to Anglesey as Prince William returns to RAF duty
Read more: How Carole the live-in-granny followed Kate and baby to Wales: Duchess of Cambridge's mother moves to Anglesey as Prince William returns to RAF duty | Mail Online
Old 08-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Administrator

I am honestly quite honestly taken aback about the "comments" about Kate staying with her parents following the birth of her baby. Amazed quite actually.

I have never given birth to a child, just a mother by way of life. But for all of my friends who have given birth and/or adopted a child, it was quite natural for their mother to spend some time with them to help them adjust to life with a new baby. As most of these women have "retired" they actually had some time on their hands. One of my friend's mother and mother in law, actually took turns! One stayed one week, the other stayed the next week, etc. it went on for a month.

In addition to helping the new parents with the newborn, they did light housework, cooked the meals, watched the baby when the other spouse went back to work and the mom needed a power nap, and most importantly stayed with the newborn while the parent did things you don't think mean a big deal.

My best friend, said the first time she took a shower after her mom left she brought the baby in the bathroom (they have one of those huge houses and thus huge bathroom), so she could take a quick 1 minute shower to rinse off. The baby was on the other side of the bathroom so that the fog wouldn't affect him but the point was she was scared to leave him alone for a second. When her mother was there it wasn't even an issue. Especially since William only had two weeks of leave.

Maybe this is not the norm for some, so they think this is a bit "immature"? I don't know.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I am honestly quite honestly taken aback about the "comments" about Kate staying with her parents following the birth of her baby. Amazed quite actually.

I have never given birth to a child, just a mother by way of life. But for all of my friends who have given birth and/or adopted a child, it was quite natural for their mother to spend some time with them to help them adjust to life with a new baby. As most of these women have "retired" they actually had some time on their hands. One of my friend's mother and mother in law, actually took turns! One stayed one week, the other stayed the next week, etc. it went on for a month.

In addition to helping the new parents with the newborn, they did light housework, cooked the meals, watched the baby when the other spouse went back to work and the mom needed a power nap, and most importantly stayed with the newborn while the parent did things you don't think mean a big deal.

My best friend, said the first time she took a shower after her mom left she brought the baby in the bathroom (they have one of those huge houses and thus huge bathroom), so she could take a quick 1 minute shower to rinse off. The baby was on the other side of the bathroom so that the fog wouldn't affect him but the point was she was scared to leave him alone for a second. When her mother was there it wasn't even an issue. Especially since William only had two weeks of leave.

Maybe this is not the norm for some, so they think this is a bit "immature"? I don't know.
I don't get it either. When my Niece welcomed my Great Nephew into the World last year, my Sister was down there in Toronto for a month and a half w/Lisa and Josh. Not just to help out w/Parker, but also to help Lisa during her own recovery. She's a Type 1 Diabetic and the last month brought on some pretty serious complications, but even before that happened, the plan was for my Sister to go down there for a month w/them. Josh's Mom was also there to help out and give my Sister a break. I also know if it wasn't for the fact my Dad's health isn't good, Mom would have gone down too.

I mean...To me, it's normal for something like this to happen, as who are you going to trust more than your Mom right? So Will & Kate did it backwards in terms of location, but IMO, it was the best place and thing to go and do. I mean....Stop and think for a minute. If you were in their shoes w/a newborn, would you...

A - Stay in what's described as not exactly the largest of places, where there's renovation/restoration work also going on not that far away and the media waiting to pounce at the smallest of hints of anything related to your little one or you...

Or

B - Go somewhere you *know* is a safe and protecting place, you are surrounded by people who care about you and your Family and you have the time, space and also quiet to bond as a new Family/get to know your Newborn w/the love and support you need then and there from Family and Friends.

I know what I'd choose. In a heartbeat.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

It will get a bit much if Carol followes them to Kensington, for instance, or on trips but right now if it's what Kate needs, why not?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Thank goodness for Mother's when you have a new baby. It is not unusual to have and need help. Also, a new Mother can have a serious case of post-partum blues due to all the harmons changing. Back when I had my babies, we were kept in the hospital for 5 days, now they go home in 2 days. From reports Catherine's pregnancy was not easy. She and the baby are being cared for.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

If they can be there, mothers will do what they can to help out. I'm sure William & Catherine appreciate the help and love Carole is giving them and George. I'm sure if Diana was here, she would be doing the samething. William, Catherine and George have a great deal of love, care and support around them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

What about official photos of the baby? will they be released by clarence house or not?
Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
What about official photos of the baby? will they be released by clarence house or not?
Kensington Palace most likely.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

yes, but is this confirmed? Or are these just rumours?