The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot:
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online

"The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are planning to use their own photographs with new born Prince George as official portraits."

"In another twist, the baby portraits are expected to be revealed in a tweet from Kensington Palace early next week."
I don't believe this a second, that a hobby photographer's pictures taken at the Middleton home will be released as 'official pictures'.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For all we know, Kate could have gotten some of her girlfriends together and left Georgie home with grandma for the night. There's all kinds of possibilities and I don't see anything wrong with going to the stag do. Just because these dos suggest a boozy evening, that doesn't mean Will had to drink himself silly. I think those days are filed under history in his book.

After three weeks with a newborn, regardless of what the child is like, its good to get away for a bit. I remember all too well having 3 kids 5 and under and hubby tired after working all day and just itching to have someone above a Sesame Street level to talk to. It had to be mothers that invented the girl's night out.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-14-2013, 10:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

You and me both!
Feel free, my sister has a 3 month old that had slept beautifully since she left hospital. Only thing that stresses her is her other half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
...he'd still have hell to pay. Selfish and immature.
Selfish and immature for what having fun? Get over it.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 18m
Royal Central can confirm that official photographs of Prince George will be released 'in the next week or so'.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 15m
Royal officials told us that family photos (not taken by a professional) are only ONE of the options for Prince George photographs.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14m
Photos will be released through the normal photo agencies and may be tweeted afterwards. Twitter will NOT be primary release method for pics

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I love how confirmation is "next week or so". That's no confirmation at all. We were told a picture would come before William went back to work, that didn't happen. They're guessing.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Your selfish and immature is other's realistic and well-adjusted. It's just differing opinions and we do best on the forums when we acknowledge we all have a right to them. Arguing never gets us much of anywhere, while listening may lead to a different insight, even as we continue to disagree. IMHO.

Oh and Lumutqueen - I absolutely agree. We have been down this path before. :)
Old 08-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah, they seem to have no idea when the photos are going to be released.

It's amazing that a couple of hours away for a polo game and a weekend to celebrate a friends upcoming nuptials is considered a big deal. Those two events were planned well in advanced, so it's not like William just up and left Kate. I imagine they talked about it and Kate was fine with William going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I will make a judgement on what type of family they are in about 10 years - if they are still together, if George is a reasonably well behaved boy for a 10 year old, if there are issues with younger siblings assuming any, etc etc.

At the moment they are like any other couple with a new baby -tired, stressed and he is escaping leaving her to it while she is with her parents and now bringing in the help.
To be honest, I don't see how waiting 10 years will tell you what type of family they are. It's possible to raise seemingly well behaved children, but still be a highly dysfunctional family in private.

When was it announced that they were bringing in help? All I have seen were 2 or 3 conflicting rumors. I haven't heard an official announcement or anything.

As for escaping, he spent one weekend away 2 weeks after George was born. It's not like he's been partying non-stop since George's birth. I also imagine since Kate is staying with her parents, they take the baby and let her have a few hours to "escape" and just relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Your selfish and immature is other's realistic and well-adjusted.
Yep! Life doesn't stop after you have a baby.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I love how confirmation is "next week or so". That's no confirmation at all. We were told a picture would come before William went back to work, that didn't happen. They're guessing.
IIRC, I believe they said the pictures would be taken before William went back to work, not necessarily released before that time. My guess is that they will not be released before Prince Philip sees Prince George.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
IIRC, I believe they said the pictures would be taken before William went back to work, not necessarily released before that time. My guess is that they will not be released before Prince Philip sees Prince George.
But truly, until it is announced or it happens, they are guessing. It's how they sell the news. Occasionally, they even guess correctly!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yeah, they seem to have no idea when the photos are going to be released.

It's amazing that a couple of hours away for a polo game and a weekend to celebrate a friends upcoming nuptials is considered a big deal. Those two events were planned well in advanced, so it's not like William just up and left Kate. I imagine they talked about it and Kate was fine with William going.

When was it announced that they were bringing in help? All I have seen were 2 or 3 conflicting rumors. I haven't heard an official announcement or anything.

As for escaping, he spent one weekend away 2 weeks after George was born. It's not like he's been partying non-stop since George's birth. I also imagine since Kate is staying with her parents, they take the baby and let her have a few hours to "escape" and just relax.

Yep! Life doesn't stop after you have a baby.
I am a mom, and I completely agree! My goodness, it's quite the adjustment to being a first time parent, I remember how incredibly tiring and difficult it was - not that I am complaining, but it can be so overwhelming. William and Kate get crap for leaving the house? Getting away? Wow. Glad I am not a royal, or I would have been tried for treason when I would ask my mum to take the baby for a couple hours to get a nap in!
Old 08-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Serene Highness

Tired and stressed

I don't recall who claimed that new parents might find it possible not to be tired and stressed, but that is just wrong. Especially if George is being breast-fed. Babies nowadays are fed on demand, not on schedule, and that means frequent waking during the night for quite a few weeks. Additionally, according to many baby experts (and to me, too), there is an occasional day during the first few weeks when the baby nurses very very frequently, and even if you have another pair of hands to change him, wash his clothes, pick him up and bring him to you, that is exhausting. If you've never given birth or nursed an infant, you really can't imagine how tired the mother, in particular, gets.

And stressed- you've just been handed a tiny human for whom you are responsible, and even if he is perfectly healthy and mild-mannered, you are intellectually overwhelmed by the responsibility.

I would imagine that the whole Middleton household enjoyed a few hours when William was out enjoying himself. It takes many years before an in-law becomes so much a part of the family that his/her presence is not slightly discombobulating, even if that person is not a future monarch.
Give the guy a break! I was thrilled when my hubby had to go into the office for a few hours so that my mother and I could have a good old nattering, and he was/is the best husband, father and son-in-law that anyone can imagine.

Yes, who knows what the future may bring? This couple-who have been a couple for the better part of a dozen years-may become estranged, or casually uninterested in their child(ren) or each other, but they've made a seemingly great start under conditions none of us can imagine.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Courtier

wonderful comment. I know exactly what you mean, and may I say I too was in a way "relieved" when my husband went to work, then I could could have my mum over and gossip or what have you LOL
Old 08-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 18m
Royal Central can confirm that official photographs of Prince George will be released 'in the next week or so'.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 15m
Royal officials told us that family photos (not taken by a professional) are only ONE of the options for Prince George photographs.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14m
Photos will be released through the normal photo agencies and may be tweeted afterwards. Twitter will NOT be primary release method for pics
This is what was said originally, that they were considering family photos as an option. Then some rag abbreviates it and the facts shift and then everyone repeats the error. there are some really rubbish journalists out there

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post

A perfect baby, one who sleeps through the night at three weeks? One whose mother is not tired and stressed?

I want to come live in your world!
My nephew was sleeping through the night pretty much as soon as his parents brought him home. He was a great baby for the first couple months until he suddenly began to stop sleeping through the night and started going through a phase where he was freaking out every time he got put down.

Quote:
That's your experience. William and Catherine seem to have a different view of it though. Given as Catherine is choosing to be on the other side of the country while her husband is working right now I don't think she's too bothered by him playing polo or going on a stag weekend as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

That's your experience. William and Catherine seem to have a different view of it though. Given as Catherine is choosing to be on the other side of the country while her husband is working right now I don't think she's too bothered by him playing polo or going on a stag weekend as well.

There's an old saying- love is like water- you can hold it in your hand, but if you try to squeeze it too tight, it will slip through your fingers.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Another thing about newborns...

Regardless of whether they are sleeping peacefully or not, you will check on them every few minutes to make sure they are still breathing...Never underestimate the paranoia you will feel when you have a new baby.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Regardless of whether they are sleeping peacefully or not, you will check on them every few minutes to make sure they are still breathing...Never underestimate the paranoia you will feel when you have a new baby.
Truer words have never been written dear LOL. First time parent = major paranoia!!! It's like you read my mind! It reminds of of the film from 1984, "Terms of Endearment", at the very beginning, Shirley MacClaine goes to check on her baby and is convinced the baby is dead because it is not moving or crying. Her husband says "she's just sleeping!" but Shirley is still worried it's crib death so she pinches the baby to make it cry, and then is relieved when the baby starts crying and she says "there, all better" and leaves the room!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
Oh, yes!
I have a nine month old girl and when she has been sleeping for a long(er) time, I always check. I can't sleep/do something else if I don't.
And this is my second child.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

You are wrong on that. I wouldn't accuse someone of not being certain when you yourself produce false statements. I have a 3 month old niece I look after who has been nappies since the day she was born. Most babies, I have encountered in my years of knowing what a nappy was have not been in a tie up pinned washable one.
Tie up pinned nappies don't exist .... They come with Velcro and have trendy patterns in and washable liners that go inside ... Loads of people use them ... And I'm a nanny and know this stuff...
Old 08-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I believe the party was for one of his best friends, and planned well in advance, so I don't see why it was wrong for him to be there. It's not like he was leaving Kate all alone for days with the baby. As for the party being boozy, I'd question that, too, since he was seen surfing at the do, and I doubt any of them would be crazy enough to down a few and then venture out on surf boards.

Prince William seen surfing at stag do - Telegraph

You did read the story about them 'swigging beers like it was going out of fashion' on the way down to the do New father the Duke of Cambridge 'given permission to attend boozy stag weekend with friends' | Mail Online along with the 'the tables were covered with covered with cans and miniature bottles of gin'.

They were already into the drinking before getting there and yes many men do drink and surf so the fact that they went surfing is not evidence of not boozing - the boozed going down, probably slept overnight, went surfing and then boozed up again at night.