The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24pm. Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well.

The fact that the son is actually typed unlike the time of birth, makes me think they did know.
I wondered the same thing.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
Seems like July 22 is a popular royal birthday - both Alexandra of Hanover and Felix of Denmark celebrates their birthdays today :)

Btw - I thought the official announcement outside BP said 6.24 pm, not 4.24 pm. Anyone else noticed that?
Maybe 16:24?

Old 07-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Harry your nephew is going to need cousins to play and grow up with lol.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
They still can have a daughter in the future.
But it will be a spare, not the heir. Some pepole wanted, for whatever reasons, a Queen Diana.
The crowd in front of BP is just HUGE.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Seems like July 22 is a popular royal birthday - both Alexandra of Hanover and Felix of Denmark celebrates their birthdays today :)

Btw - I thought the official announcement outside BP said 6.24 pm, not 4.24 pm. Anyone else noticed that?
I know the forums posted Alexandra's birthday announcement today, but her birthday was Saturday, the 20th.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
Harry your nephew is going to need cousins to play and grow up with lol.
The boy has already cousins: Savannah & Isla; Auntie Zara is already pregnant...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

So pleased both mother and baby are doing well. Hope William makes a brief appearance this evening. I can imagine the flowers have already started arriving.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Someone said they thought Prince William might come out of the hospital and make a statement. Has anyone else heard that?
Old 07-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Courtier

When my youngest brother, now 17, was born, he wasn't supposed to be born until the beginning of April, but came the third week of January. My grandpa somehow knew in October that my parents were having a boy (they didn't know themselves what they were having), since six of the previous seven grandchildren were boys. He was the last grandchild on both sides.

I bet QEII is excited to have her first great grandson
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
The boy has already cousins: Savannah & Isla; Auntie Zara is already pregnant...
Lol yes there isn't a rush for Harry to have kids yet.
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
And Fredrick and his wife are about to have a baby in a few weeks time too. Plenty of little Windsors to play with.
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

gives a bit of credit to the theory that Kate was going to say dog
"I'll give it to my d..."
Except it was proven that Kate never said anything like that.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Aristocracy

Clarence House ‏@ClarenceHouse 1 min Want to send your congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses? You can sign the Google+ card here: http://bit.ly/1bXt8xW
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Things are much easier because it's a boy, so I'm also glad that it's a little Prince. And you know, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be an only child, so there's still possibilities for a little Matilda (I was so passionate about that name, they've got to use it for a possible younger sister to the little Prince)

Old 07-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Royal Highness

From Charles and Camilla :

“Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild. It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy.

"Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future.”
Heir Presumptive

Can't wait to find the names, I hope they don't take too long to announce it. I want to look at the baby's face and associate/connect with his name while seeing him. Silly isn't it?
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

You can't see it that well but it says 4:24pm - http://instagram.com/p/cFLan6OBUs/

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Someone said they thought Prince William might come out of the hospital and make a statement. Has anyone else heard that?
Nope. Hasn't been done before as far as I'm aware. European royals do it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude View Post
Considering he usually avoids the media if he can, I suspect he won't make any kind of statement. He will want to keep the media as far away as possible in my opinion.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Marie View Post
When it comes to naming the baby i'm betting on James, Richard or Henry.
Why would they choose James when we already have James, Viscount Severn?