The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope he didn't inherit the balding gene lol. looking at pics of williams birth charles has more hair than will does now lol.

CNN reporter in london did says a mic was set for William to make a statement, which they think will happen. :whistling:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
Aides say William and Kate delayed announcing the birth for 4hrs 5 mins to give themselves time to enjoy private time with the baby.

Good for them, I would have done the same! ;)

Baby is a sun sign Cancer, but Sun is conjunct Leo (1 degree, I think). Rising sign is Scorpio, with Mercury and Mars also in Cancer (so a very watery baby, if astrology is to be consulted).

Moon is in Capricorn, so that should anchor him a little bit.

Venus is in Virgo, which will likely make him a picky prince when it comes to courtship... (although the customary shyness and self-esteem issues of people with Venus in Virgo may not manifest, in a prince - it'll be interesting to watch him grow up).

God bless the family for what it has to endure in terms of public life.

Not a cusp baby? It is a full moon today,perfect for delivering

I don't understand why they first tell the media and then put an annoucment on a easel... I'd prefer tmore traditional way

Last edited:
How Wonderful - Congrats to all Brits!!! Wherever she is Princess Diana is smiling and very proud.

God bless the little prince!

A boy, wonderfull news, hope we will get the names soon

congratulations to the royal couple:flowers:

Different generations are usually a different matter. Sharing a name with your great-grandmother who is in her late eighties, is different then your dad's cousin who is only five years older than you IMO.

As long as they like the name James and want it to name the baby that then i don't see whats the problem. Two James hehe :ROFLMAO: But i kinda want a Henry, now that Kate had a son i want Zara to have a girl.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Prince William: "We could not be happier."

Congratulations to the happy couple and welcome to the little new one, :flowers:

What is going to happen now in regards to protocol and celebrations and announcements?
Are there any traditions in that regard?

Are there pics of Buckingham Palace being illuminated ???

Just found this out via facebook, and my fiance's texts (bless his heart for keeping me updated during the day, since my job doesn't really allow me to partake in royalty-watching, unless the children are napping). So very excited for William and Catherine. Little boys are a lot of fun, and it'll be exciting to watch him grow up. He's a very lucky child to be surrounded by such a close-knit family from both sides.

I don't understand why they first tell the media and then put an annoucment on a easel... I'd prefer tmore traditional way

The Queen, Prince Philip, then Grandparents and family members were told first. But given the difficulties these days in trying to keep things under wraps, what they did ensured that they were controlling the info. it isstill important that the formal notice is posted because it shows the signatures. This is important and traditional.

Be positive, it is wonderful news.

I read that William wanted a Girl while Catherine wanted a boy, don't know if it true but I am sure now it doesn't matter anymore because the baby is born and it healthy and that all that matter at the of the day.

Fantastic news that we have got a little prince :) I hope I am still here when he is crowned king.

So happy! Congrats to TRH, HM, and the family! Such an amazing day for the world!

And it's nice to see a Prince to join Christian and all the young heiresses!

I think it's so hilarious though, that (1) it was seen as conventional wisdom that she was going to have a girl because of some slip up and some of the betting places paid out (2) that the succession changes were basically all for naught -- a good change certainly, but rendered much less urgent now. LOL :lol:

:) I have happy tears about this news! It's awesome to see the rejoicing and sincere good-will of so many people.

Beautiful full moon in the background of Buckingham Palace tonight on this the warmest night of the year!

I like that William is staying the night with his wife and son. This is and always will be a very loving and close family.

Please, I have a (silly ?) doubt and I cannot find the answer anywhere: what does "Lindo" in Lindo Wing stand for ? Is is someone´s surname ? Is is an acronym (for what ?) Thank you so much for answering !

I like that William is staying the night with his wife and son. This is and always will be a very loving and close family.

Yes that's very touching and wonderful news.

I still cannot believe that this pregnancy is over.

What a coincidence: The pregancy was announced at a Monday and the little wonder is born at a Monday.

Please, I have a (silly ?) doubt and I cannot find the answer anywhere: what does "Lindo" in Lindo Wing stand for ? Is is someone´s surname ? Is is an acronym (for what ?) Thank you so much for answering !

It is the surname of someone who donated money to the hospital (others have posted more info elsewhere, but it's a bit difficult to wade through all the posts at the moment!)

And Diana is very happy in this wonderful place she lives in now...A Guardian Angel to this little boy...

It was mentioned earlier that it was named after a board member named Charles Lindo, who donated money to open the wing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom