The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Well thats an interesting sculpture. A little odd. Dont know what else to say, artistic? You have to admit its different. : •
The woman crouching by the fence looks like she's trying to figure it out, too.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Not so fast...here is something that will OUTCREEP all of us!
Looks like they met the fate of Lot's wife.
I'm waiting for someone to build them out of Legos.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I'm waiting for someone to build them out of Legos.
No probs. They've managed the corgies, no problem to add a baby

http://i1.r7.com/data/files/2C95/948...go1_gi_450.jpg
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...o_1882364i.jpg

or as happy barbie family
http://www.businessandleadership.com...al-highres.jpg
Old 08-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Okay, that might be the creepiest thing I've seen. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen today.
MOST DEFINITELY! and tell me, does anyone really think that this kate doppleganger actually looks like her? i think not.
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Nobility

No biggie. When it rains, the sand sculpture will be gone forever.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Aristocracy

So - future children of William and Kate will have the EU flag on their birth certificates instead of the royal crest?

EU flag set to replace the royal crest on British birth certificates despite ministers' bid to block move | Mail Online
Old 08-09-2013, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

This is bad news about the EU-creep. There are some nice countries in the EU but the forced take-over and the economic problems do not suggest it is a good idea to belong.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will's taking a break from parenting duties:

Prince William allowed off on stag weekend | The Sun |News
Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Teaser! We have to subscribe to the newspaper to read the rest of the juicy article! I read he went back to work this week, so maybe it's his weekend off.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Sun would start charging people to read their articles.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-10-2013, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Peter Rabbit meets Prince George! Duchess of Cambridge decorates baby son's nursery in Beatrix Potter theme | Mail Online

So, looks like little George gets to look at pictures of Peter Rabbit all day...cute!

(I prefer Potter's creations to Winnie the Pooh, which seems the most popular choice).
Old 08-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Only saw William the one time when they were leaving the hospital, but he seems happier and more relaxed. I thought with him having a child he would become more overprotective of them both. We will have to wait and see how the photogs will try to screw George Alexander over in a similar way they screwed his mother.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think you can tell how relaxed or changed a person is from the 10 minutes or so he appeared after the birth of his son, George.

He has taken a weekend away from his wife and child to go on a stag weekend with his mates. New father the Duke of Cambridge 'given permission to attend boozy stag weekend with friends' | Mail Online

So he has spent the 2 weeks of paternity leave with his new family 22/7/13 - 5/8/13 and then returned to Wales for duty. First weekend after that he is off to Devon with his boozy mates and will have to be back on duty in a couple of days.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Gentry

He went with one of his best friends to celebrate him getting married next month. Not sure whats horrible about that. :/
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
He went with one of his best friends to celebrate him getting married next month. Not sure whats horrible about that. :/
I agree - no problem with that at all. Big mistake IMO to reduce/cancel contact with friends. Life carries on - they both know that. They are not in a competition but a relationship.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Since he was traveling from London instead of Anglesey, it's quite possible that William was in Berkshire before the stag do. William works in shifts. I think it's 3 days on and 3-4 days off, so he very well could have worked and then spent a day or so with Kate and the baby. Or, he could be planning on spending a day or two with them after the stag weekend.

Plus as others have said, it's not really a big deal. It's just a weekend away with friends to celebrate an upcoming marriage. It would be silly to give up all activities after you have a baby.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

His shifts are 4 days on and 4 days off.

I agree that he has to continue living his life and not give up his friends for his wife and family - that is healthy in a relationship so long as Kate keeps in touch with her friends and family and is given time away from her son as well - in time as she is currently needed of course.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Given as Catherine is currently staying with her family (instead of staying in her home with her husband) I think we can safely say that she's not being expected to give up her friends and family (or at least her family).
Old 08-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Given as Catherine is currently staying with her family (instead of staying in her home with her husband) I think we can safely say that she's not being expected to give up her friends and family (or at least her family).
Her friends either as evidenced by them spending her birthday with her and joining her for walks in Kensington Gardens. I think because Kates friends aren't written about people assume she doesn't see or hang out with them.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
Her friends either as evidenced by them spending her birthday with her and joining her for walks in Kensington Gardens. I think because Kates friends aren't written about people assume she doesn't see or hang out with them.
Both William and Kate have good friends that compose their circle of trust. These are true friends that don't show up in the Daily Mail as a "friend close to the royal couple". They are also private citizens and I think the press knows well enough to not harass them.

Marriage is a partnership and love is wanting each other to grow into being the best possible person they can be. It is not being joined at the hip or being submissive to the other. The Cambridge's marriage, from what I've seen, is healthy and they both are secure enough in each other that they are happy not only with each other, but their circle of family and friends around them.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon