The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't get the fuss. He is the second born, he is the spare heir to the throne. It's the truth. I doubt Henry gives two hoots what they call him.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Nobility

I agree. Besides I get the distinct impression that the more children William and Kate have - and the further away from the throne Harry gets - the happier Harry will be.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Commoner

As much as I'd love to see the Little Prince (of Cambridge), I rather like the mental picture of Catherine, William, & George all 'cocooned' in together at the Middleton's home just loving and getting to know him, and each other as parents. As precious as all our children are to us (heirs and 'spares') there is just something about that first baby and 'husband' and 'wife' being transformed into 'Daddy' and 'Mummy'. A very precious time, indeed.

Ok, that being said, just one little picture, please? LOL
Old 08-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Serene Highness

I think if Prince George is already moving on to enjoying life, won't he need his own thread? (Babyhood of Prince George? Current events?) Or will he end up having his events posted on his birth thread - or the current events of his parents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Quitealot View Post
...I rather like the mental picture of Catherine, William, & George all 'cocooned' in together at the Middleton's home just loving and getting to know him, and each other as parents.
I agree. The idea of them living in a more or less normal way, among the Middletons (where Kate especially appears to be very happy and I'm guessing Prince William also feels "at home") is lovely.

When Prince William's paternity leave is over, do you suppose we will see a picture of the family as he goes back to work? (Probably not). Sigh.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I think if Prince George is already moving on to enjoying life, won't he need his own thread?
Prince George will be doing very little that's independent of his parents for some time yet. Once they've moved back to London the Cambridge Family current events thread will suffice.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:06 PM

Wow, this thread got personal and nasty rather quickly. I've taken out over 20 posts, the subject of which was other members. A good indication that some people are spending far too much time in a thread where there is virtually no news of substance and so end up turning on each other. Obviously boredom breeds contempt. If those who were involved had stepped back for a minute and read through what had been posted, they would (or should) have realised how ridiculous, ugly and unnecessary it had become. In a baby thread at that!

The air of joy and goodwill that we experienced and shared just over two weeks ago hasn't lasted long.
This should be the last thread the Moderators have to keep an eye on, or threaten to temporarily close, because some members have lost their sense of civility.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Old 08-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
...When Prince William's paternity leave is over, do you suppose we will see a picture of the family as he goes back to work? (Probably not). Sigh.
Unfortunately, I think the next pictures we see will be the traditional Christening pictures. So, we're all going to have to wait until at least October when HM returns from Balmoral. That's a looonnggg wait, but I'll wait patiently because I'd rather do that than encourage the paps to peer over the Middleton hedges trying to sneak a snap.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Wasn't there to be some kind of official photos or a photo-op supposed to be happening before William returned to base? Should be about time for it if there is one.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes - I have heard there is to be photo or two released this week before William returns to Wales but then there won't be anything released until the baptism and then maybe a photo at Christmas (but he won't be at the Christmas service of course). Then maybe a first birthday shoot etc etc.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Wasn't there to be some kind of official photos or a photo-op supposed to be happening before William returned to base? Should be about time for it if there is one.
Yes, there was. I actually expected to see them today, as it's apparently William's first shift back at RAF Valley today. Clarence House did say there would be Official Pictures released in "a couple of weeks..." Since CH was the source of that, I don't think they'd say/release that if it wasn't so. We just need to be patient.

Especially for that Four Generations portrait we all want to see. So special a thing that is for any Family. We did that very thing when my Great Nephew Parker paid his First visit here last Summer, but sadly my Great Aunt Gladys wasn't able to make it up. She's the last living sibling of my Maternal Grandparents, so if she been there, it would have been an even more cherished picture, as that would have been Five Generations. I told Lisa we've got to figure out something next time, because it really is one of those special rare things for a Family and it would be such a shame if she didn't get it taken somehow.

Just as I'm sure William and Kate have been doing the past two weeks w/their Families. Not to mention those special pics that were taken...Welll...Just because. :). However...I do wonder if any were taken to mark the first time lil George got either Daddy or Gramdpa Michael during a diaper change when the lil guy did a "Gotcha!!" To them.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I really hope that someone gets this boy interested in cricket - just saw one of the best T20 games ever. ~Over 400 runs scored and my team won by 1 run. Superb. Cricket needs a royal supporter.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think the time most likely for the generational photo with HM, Charles, William and George will be when the wee one is christened. We don't know when or where yet but I'm willing to lay bets on that it'll be in the Music Room at BP.

Another thing to look forward to.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Noooo!!! And why on earth did Charles appear on a soap opera? If I hadn't seen the pic I wouldn't have believed it.

Prince George to appear in Coronation Street? Royal baby may follow in footsteps of grandfather Prince Charles as he is offered a cameo role in the soap
Show bosses want the royal baby to open the new Salford set
Historic birth has yet to be mentioned on the Manchester soap opera
Prince Charles appeared in the soap's 40th anniversary episode in 2000

Read more: Royal baby Prince George has been offered a cameo role in Coronation Street | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 08-07-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
...why on earth did Charles appear on a soap opera?
Coronation Street is not a mere soap opera. It is a national institution.
The Queen and Prince Phillip have visited the set.
The Queen would watch it with the late Queen Mother.

The Queen: Why I love Coronation Street | UK | News | Daily Express
8 March 2007

The Queen: Why I love Coronation Street

THE Queen took a stroll down memory lane yesterday when she met one of the all-time stars of her family’s favourite soap opera. Her Majesty, who used to love finding time in her busy schedule to watch Coronation Street with the Queen Mother, presented actor Johnny Briggs with an MBE for his services to drama after 30 years playing dodgy businessman Mike Baldwin. Presenting the honour to the 71-year-old actor, who retired from the soap last year, she fondly recalled visiting the set of the show in Manchester in 1982.

It was one of many royal associations with the programme, which featured a cameo performance from Prince Charles in December 2000 to mark the show’s 40th anniversary when he described it as “wonderful institution in this country”. His decision to overrule his advisers and take part in the programme may well have been inspired by his wife Camilla. She is an avid fan of the soap and watched his performance on fictional Weatherfield’s cobbled streets while the couple stayed with the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire for the weekend.

In October 2005 the Queen and Prince Philip met the cast at a dinner to celebrate the 50th anniversary of ITB. They also took part in the first royal visit to the Weatherfield studios in 1982.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Cricket needs a royal supporter.
Absotively, our national game deserves [indeed demands] to be supported at the highest level !
Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I really hope that someone gets this boy interested in cricket - just saw one of the best T20 games ever. ~Over 400 runs scored and my team won by 1 run. Superb. Cricket needs a royal supporter.
I agree. And I'd like him to support test cricket, too. Royal support might generate more interest.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Coronation Street is not a mere soap opera. It is a national institution.
The Queen and Prince Phillip have visited the set.
The Queen would watch it with the late Queen Mother.
Just to eliminate any confusion for some, it should also be noted that a soap opera in the British context is quite different from the soap operas we have (or used to have) in the US - and Corrie is kind of in a league of its own.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I agree. And I'd like him to support test cricket, too. Royal support might generate more interest.

Unless of course it was a test between England and Australia in which case you would not want him to support either side or to congratulate the victors if Australia lost the test. Probably it would be ok to congratulate the victors if Australia won the test though.
Old 08-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I didn't realise there were cricket supporters on here. If you can see a video of tonights match watch it - a classic. Hampshire vs LAncashire T20 quarter finals.

Old 08-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Agree 100%. T20 is like chequers/draughts. But Test Cricket is like chess.