The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-04-2013, 09:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I know, that's why I said I think you'll find the baby in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies.
You cannot state that with any certainty these days.

You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of reusable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days. They take no more time than a disposable. Here is a UK website which details today's environmentally friendly reusable nappies:
The Nappy Lady Selling Real Nappies, Cloth Nappies, Reusable & Washable Nappies - The Nappy Lady

Most parents do use disposable nappies for the newborn period. When the baby is a little older, many environmentally-aware parents use a combination of reuseable nappies at home and disposables when out of the house.

Remember that at KP they will have a housekeeper, whose job includes laundry duties. And those laundry duties may very well include washing reusable nappies.

Just a thought.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanRoyal View Post

You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of non-disposable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days.
You are wrong on that. I wouldn't accuse someone of not being certain when you yourself produce false statements. I have a 3 month old niece I look after who has been nappies since the day she was born. Most babies, I have encountered in my years of knowing what a nappy was have not been in a tie up pinned washable one.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You cannot state that with any certainty these days.

You are obviously not up-to-date on the types of reusable nappies - and disposable liners - that are available these days. They take no more time than a disposable. Here is a UK website which details today's environmentally friendly reusable nappies:
The Nappy Lady Selling Real Nappies, Cloth Nappies, Reusable & Washable Nappies - The Nappy Lady

Most parents do use disposable nappies for the newborn period. When the baby is a little older, many environmentally-aware parents use a combination of reuseable nappies at home and disposables when out of the house.

Remember that at KP they will have a housekeeper, whose job includes laundry duties. And those laundry duties may very well include washing reusable nappies.

Just a thought.
True. I used disposables for the 1st moth, after which we used only cloth nappies, washed and dried in the sun. No rashes, no smells, not much work, since you do laudry for the baby daily anyhow. Modern cloth nappies are very easy to use, they have snap-ons, they come in an array of colors and are entirely made of cotton. We used the same cloth nappies for both children, they are very hardwearing.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen
...I wouldn't accuse someone of not being certain when you yourself produce false statements.
Ah...but you yourself seem very certain that "the baby (will be) in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies."

Perhaps Charles' environmentalism has rubbed off on his son. As Argie points out in the above post they are snap on now and are every bit as easy as disposables.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Nobility

It's not only about being environmentally friendly: it's also about costs. We spent around 300 dollars for the entire cotton nappies collection for the whole nappy-age of the baby. In Canada, that's what you would spent for disposables in 1-2 months!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Ah...but you yourself seem very certain that "the baby (will be) in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies."

Perhaps Charles' environmentalism has rubbed off on his son. As Argie points out in the above post they are snap on now and are every bit as easy as disposables.
And perhaps it hasn't. I'm pretty certain that baby is a pampers nappy on him 24/7. William and Catherine don't appear the environmentally friend type to me. I'll ask William next time I see him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
It's not only about being environmentally friendly: it's also about costs. We spent around 300 dollars for the entire cotton nappies collection for the whole nappy-age of the baby. In Canada, that's what you would spent for disposables in 1-2 months!!!
Can't imagine money is an aspect for this baby really.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Nobility

Really, you don't have to be a tree-hugger to use cotton nappies. We certainly aren't. And you don't have to waste money if you have it, either.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Aristocracy

I think they won't put more work on their people then they really need to. Unless we are in their house we have no idea what they are or will do.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

given his environmentally conscious grandpa, i think cloth would be the proper choice. and it also sends out a good message
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 08-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Nobility

The way I see it from my little spot under the sun in Canada is that celebrities can be wacky, vulgar, in bad-taste and lacking common sense (Hollywood) and then the royal celebrities, mostly at the opposite side of the common-sense spectrum. Looking at Catherine's approach to personal style and money, I would think that she does seem to have a lot of common sense. The cotton nappies would follow into the same line with her not spending obscene amounts of money for shoes or outfits. She is known to be fairly frugal (compared to her wealth), as are actually the Queen and Charles themselves. Of course we don't know what's going on behind their closed doors. They may bathe in champagne every night for all we know. But one can speculate and draw conclusions based on their previous approach to things in life.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh good lord people cotton or disposable who cares! It's their choice their child. And from Williams's comment it appears they use disposable like millions of other parents. I can't believe this has turned into an environmental debate.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Oh good lord people cotton or disposable who cares! It's their choice their child. And from Williams's comment it appears they use disposable like millions of other parents. I can't believe this has turned into an environmental debate.
Get used to it. Wait until the breast feeding police start up.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
m

Exactly! Leave the alone ... enough already!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Sorry but this is a discussion forum, we are discussing something in regards to a comment Prince William made yesterday. If you don't want to read it ignore it. Until we get some shred of news, a new picture of an outing from the baby this is all you're going to get.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

By the by, does anyone know if he ended up being a leo or is he a cancer? Im not too familiar with the cut off times on a horoscope. Just wondering, since there is nothing else to talk about.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:10 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
By the by, does anyone know if he ended up being a leo or is he a cancer? Im not too familiar with the cut off times on a horoscope. Just wondering, since there is nothing else to talk about.
He is Cancer, Leo starts on July 23rd.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He is Cancer, Leo starts on July 23rd.
Actually the cusp of Cancer and Leo is between July 19th and July 24th. George will have benefits from both sun signs.

Sun Signs: the Cancer-Leo Cusp

Is it cloth or is it disposable? Only the family knows for sure. When William stated about stopping on the way home, he could be referring to buying regular disposables or the disposable liners for the cloth ones. Either way, from experience, I know they're going through a heck of a lot of them right now.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-04-2013, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

At 4:24 BST July 22, George was born a Cancer, approximately a half hour away from Leo when signs changed.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually the cusp of Cancer and Leo is between July 19th and July 24th. George will have benefits from both sun signs.

Sun Signs: the Cancer-Leo Cusp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
At 4:24 BST July 22, George was born a Cancer, approximately a half hour away from Leo when signs changed.
Well according to this;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer_(astrology)

Quote:
It spans the 90-120th degree of the zodiac, between 90 and 125.25 degree of celestial longitude, which the Sun transits this area on average between June 22 to July 22 each year.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Isn't there an astrology thread for those that believe in that sort of thing for people to discuss this stuff? I seem to recall the mods moving a lot of posts about Leo/Cancer there before he was born.