The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Very nice to see William smiling from ear to ear over his family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Very nice to see William smiling from ear to ear over his family.
I was thinking that. His smile seems a lot more natural in recent pictures than it seemed pre-George.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I heard on another board that William sings Coldplay to get George Alexander to sleep; has anyone heard that?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've read that somewhere on the net but don't know if it's true.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Nobility

I wonder whether they're using cotton nappies or the disposable kind. Disposable more likely, since William joked about picking some up on his way home.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:12 PM
Serene Highness

I think that William is a great father. He seems so serious (in a good way) and a man who enjoys being a father. This role must be perfect for him. It suits him very well!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

It has been less than two weeks - way too early to judge what sort of parents either of them will be. The novelty aspect hasn't worn off yet.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

No reason to think they will be anything other than good parents.

LaRae
Old 08-03-2013, 09:37 PM
Majesty

It's great that William appears to be involved in taking care of George. He does indeed look very happy in the role of a husband and father. Perhaps that's what was missing in his life all along, and now that he found it, he's feeling happy, and fulfilled.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

No one is assuming they are bad parents but to flat out come out and say they are great parents when a) they've been parents for a week and b) we don't know anything about them or their lives or how they parent, is the issue at hand
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Exactly - we don't know if they will be good, bad, average, great, poor etc parents.

I remember a friend of mine, about 10 years ago, who gushed at how great her husband was with her new child and what a 'great father' he was at two months but by six months he had gone - couldn't stant the lack of sleep, smelly nappies, her focus being on the child and not him - in this case once the novelty of being a father had worn off and the baby was still a baby and stopping him from doing the things he wanted to do he simply left - and sadly it happens a lot more than people like to admit.

Hopefully William will be a good father but it is way too early to tell.

I would also add that we don't know what sort of mother Kate will be - again way too early to tell.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

This just made me smile - Mother Nature sent a better gift than the PM: United Kingdom shaped clouds formed the day after Prince George's birth | Mail Online
Old 08-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly - we don't know if they will be good, bad, average, great, poor etc parents.

I remember a friend of mine, about 10 years ago, who gushed at how great her husband was with her new child and what a 'great father' he was at two months but by six months he had gone - couldn't stant the lack of sleep, smelly nappies, her focus being on the child and not him - in this case once the novelty of being a father had worn off and the baby was still a baby and stopping him from doing the things he wanted to do he simply left - and sadly it happens a lot more than people like to admit.

Hopefully William will be a good father but it is way too early to tell.

I would also add that we don't know what sort of mother Kate will be - again way too early to tell.
All too true. Newborns do not come with an instruction textbook but a blank journal. Its all trial and error as you go kinda thing and I don't think any parent can say they've been "perfect" at it and can tell you stories about the ups and downs and misadventures of being a parent.

Even though William and Kate seem to have a strong basis in their marriage and are very happy with the birth of their son, they will go through all the stages of parenthood just like every other family since the beginning of time.

It will be our treat to be able to somewhat follow the entries in little George's journal as it unfolds.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

Fortunaly for them they will have people around them who can help them. Though I am sure they both will be very hands on.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This just made me smile - Mother Nature sent a better gift than the PM: United Kingdom shaped clouds formed the day after Prince George's birth | Mail Online
I find this article very interesting in that it has a similar meaning as rainbows do in Hawaii. In ancient times it was thought that a baby who was born and a rainbow appeared was destined to be a great chief or king. I find the appearance of this cloud formation after his birth to have a similar meaning. He is destined to be a great King.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
I wonder whether they're using cotton nappies or the disposable kind. Disposable more likely, since William joked about picking some up on his way home.
I do hope Prince William might have been joking about having to pick up nappies on the way home and that little Prince George is enjoying a nice soft cloth bot. From an environmental point of view Grandpa would be pleased as well.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post

I do hope Prince William might have been joking about having to pick up nappies on the way home and that little Prince George is enjoying a nice soft cloth bot. From an environmental point of view Grandpa would be pleased as well.
I think you'll find that baby in nappies 24/7.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think you'll find that baby in nappies 24/7.
I think Ada was referring to traditional terry nappies versus disposable nappies.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frideswide View Post

I think Ada was referring to traditional terry nappies versus disposable nappies.
I know, that's why I said I think you'll find the baby in nappies (disposable ones) 24/7. They're not going to waste time on terry nappies.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Prince George may attend a society wedding in Gayton in September.

Prince George is expected to be at Gayton wedding - Latest Local News - Lynn News

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all