The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I've posted a link to William's birth certificate at post# 1643 but here it is again

royalwatcher: Prince William

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-02-2013, 07:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

On good lord how did we fall into England v UK v Great Britain? The entire thing gives me a headache and makes me want to cry. It would take a whole college semester to understand how it all works.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Keeping it simple in three easy steps:

England Great Britain the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (where means "part of")

The other posts have been moved to the History of the United Kingdom thread in Members' Corner.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Then and now - how media coverage of Royal births has changed in six decades-
Video: Then and now - how media coverage of Royal births has changed in six decades | Central - ITV News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-03-2013, 03:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I've posted a link to William's birth certificate at post# 1643 but here it is again

royalwatcher: Prince William
And Prince George's birth certificate HQ version: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...selsattest.jpg
Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

That's interesting, because I have another HQ pic of the birth certificate here and that looks different: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...selsattest.jpg
How many do you have in UK?
The link you supplied is for George's birth certificate, the link cepe supplied is for William's.

At some point in the 31 years between the two, the UK changed the certificates.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Thanks, yes I noticed that when I compared the two. Fixed.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like that Catherine's occupation is "Princess of the United Kingdom" :)
Old 08-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Right, but I think people and even the media get confused on the "Princess" part. They seem to think if she's a (Princess of the United Kingdom) that must mean they can call her "Princess Catherine or Princess Kate." I think they don't understand that Catherine isn't a Princess in her own right but only through marriage. 'Princess William' is part of her full formal title and style.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Absolutely, princess by birth and princess by marriage have two entirely different meanings and makes a huge difference in its usage.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Nobility

Much of the trouble comes from the common (incorrect) usage of "Princess Diana".
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, we understand that (at least most of us!), but she's officially known as HRH, the Duchess of Cambridge, not Princess Catherine, not Duchess Catherine and not Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. If Prince William hadn't received the Duke of Cambridge title upon his marriage, then she'd be known as Princess William.

And I always heard that Diana was very quick to point out the error when she was addressed as Princess Diana.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you but, again, you're repeating what most of us already know.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Nobility

I think that a common perception is that a Princess is superior to a Duchess, and this is what confuses many people. It's understandable given that there are lots of non-royal Duchesses.
Old 08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
And I always heard that Diana was very quick to point out the error when she was addressed as Princess Diana.
I can't imagine that happening very often. Referred to as Princess Diana, yes, no doubt, but addressed?
Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Ok back to George. Wonder what he's doing now, how he likes the outside world. If Kate takes care of what goes in and William takes care of what comes out.
Is Buckleberry like Anglessey meaning they can go out freely with no fear of being harassed or photographed?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-03-2013, 02:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Ok back to George. Wonder what he's doing now, how he likes the outside world. If Kate takes care of what goes in and William takes care of what comes out.
Is Buckleberry like Anglessey meaning they can go out freely with no fear of being harassed or photographed?
According to Will today it's just nappies, nappies, and more nappies. Also he's got to pick some up on the way home. lol

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #RoyalBaby - William tells those at Polo "I was in baby mode - thinking nappies, not really in the zone"

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/sta...04333973467137

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #William: "it's just nappies, nappies, nappies" asking another: "Do you fancy doing some baby-sitting"

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/sta...04950208995329
Old 08-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

So I wonder how many eager hands shot up at that question????
Old 08-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Gentry

William on the royal nappy run

William took a break from parenting duties to play in the Audi Polo Challenge at Coworth Park, Ascot, Berkshire alongside brother Harry, admitting he would be picking nappies up on his way home.

The 31-year-old, who scored the winning goal for his team, was presented with a mini polo stick for Prince George by Audi UK director Martin Sander after the match.

William jokingly asked if it was nappies, quipping: "I've got to pick some up on my way home."

The royal also admitted it was "good to get out of the house" for an afternoon. But meeting guests afterwards, he added: "I've got to make sure I'm not too late back."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/nati...ws/10591021._/