The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1461  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:05 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,702
I made it very clear I was not criticizing her! Did you even bother to read my post? Again I will state I do not hold newborns and don't know how to do it. I am grateful to those who replied to my post who actually read what I said and gave their observations. Thank U Dman and US Royal Watcher.
Perhaps she was just tired though if she was she hid it quite well.
__________________

__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #1462  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
She wasnt uncomfortable, she was tired! for goodness sake, she had
just given birth to a child weighing in over 8 lbs.


Have to say I am getting very fed up with women criticising royal women forwhat seems just for thesake of it. On one thread, TRf are supporting a "beauty contest" to find put who is the prettiest girl.

how sad is that?
How do you know this?

I was uncomfortable with my first newborn for a long time. And tired. With the second I was just tired.
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #1463  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
I think all Kate wanted to do was cuddle up with the baby in privacy and in her bed wearing a pair of loose pajamas. The last thing I'd want to do feeling tired, emotional, hormonal and hurting is to smilingly face the world's press with a newborn that you want to protect rather than exhibit to the world. If that's not feeling physically and emotionally uncomfortable, I don't know what is.

BTW, Xenia, I like your avatar.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #1464  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,480
Yeah, I think she was tired but her happiness came shinning through. Her and William make beautiful parents.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #1465  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
How do you know this?

I was uncomfortable with my first newborn for a long time. And tired. With the second I was just tired.
I thought she looked very confident walking out and going down the steps (in heels, one day after giving birth to an 8+ pound baby!!!!), but she looked uncomfortable giving the baby to William. Perhaps she's uncomfortable handing the child to someone while she is standing up, but I think it is more likely she was thrown by the circus atmosphere outside.
Reply With Quote
  #1466  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:18 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 1729 Noneofyourbusiness Drive, United States
Posts: 2,702
Thank you Baroness, how sore is Kate a little less than 24hrs after. I need a Tylenol sore or I need a morphine drip sore? Kate has always come off as more comfortable with the media and having her picture taken then William. Even after the France incident she kept her cool and professionalism. Now that she has a new born she perhaps didn't want to parade him in front of the world and wanted to just hold and look at him rather than put on a show.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Reply With Quote
  #1467  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:22 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Guys please don't take this the wrong way I am just observing not criticizing. I do no have children and make a habit of not holding newborns. Did Kate look a little apprehensive holding George? She looked more stiff than William. JW if anyone else noticed.
I see what you mean with Catherine. I think she looked uncomfortable, tired, and not entirely all with it - although I would suspect that that would have more to do with the general post-birthness and the media presence. I am certain that I would feel pretty uncomfortable if I was in her shoes.

To me, she actually looked more natural while holding George than when she wasn't holding him, while William looked a bit uncomfortable holding him, particularly when he was in more of a transition mode. Like, William looked uncomfortable when Catherine was holding him, when they did the switch, then again when there were pauses between him talking to the media and looking at George. If he felt like he was doing something, even if that something was just looking at his son, he seemed fine, but if he wasn't then he seemed just uncomfortable.

I will say though that they both handled it really well, and while he looked uncomfortable at times it seemed like this was the most natural William has been while in media presence for a long time (except for maybe when he was playing polo). Catherine didn't have that ease at all, but then she was dealing with a lot more.
Reply With Quote
  #1468  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,454
In my opinion, neither W or C looked stiff with the baby. Both looked careful which is a state of being for all but the most casual, uncaring or careless of new parents.
__________________
A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...bob_dylan.html
Reply With Quote
  #1469  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Thank you Baroness, how sore is Kate a little less than 24hrs after. I need a Tylenol sore or I need a morphine drip sore? Kate has always come off as more comfortable with the media and having her picture taken then William. Even after the France incident she kept her cool and professionalism. Now that she has a new born she perhaps didn't want to parade him in front of the world and wanted to just hold and look at him rather than put on a show.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was more a case of Catherine wasn't in control of herself yet, and Catherine likes to be in control of a situation. Normally she always knows what to do and is presenting her best self, but I really doubt any woman feels like they're presenting their best self to the world just 24 hours after delivery.

As for how sore she would feel... Part of it might depend on how intense the birth was and how much tearing occurred. Based on the wonderful details a friend of mine has given me about her first labour, I would guess a fair bit above "I need a Tylenol" sore. There's also all the hormones to take into consideration.
Reply With Quote
  #1470  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Thank you Baroness, how sore is Kate a little less than 24hrs after. I need a Tylenol sore or I need a morphine drip sore? Kate has always come off as more comfortable with the media and having her picture taken then William. Even after the France incident she kept her cool and professionalism. Now that she has a new born she perhaps didn't want to parade him in front of the world and wanted to just hold and look at him rather than put on a show.
I didn't use drugs but I was pretty sore and walking carefully. I just felt sore and achy all over.
Reply With Quote
  #1471  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I see what you mean with Catherine. I think she looked uncomfortable, tired, and not entirely all with it - although I would suspect that that would have more to do with the general post-birthness and the media presence. I am certain that I would feel pretty uncomfortable if I was in her shoes.

To me, she actually looked more natural while holding George than when she wasn't holding him, while William looked a bit uncomfortable holding him, particularly when he was in more of a transition mode. Like, William looked uncomfortable when Catherine was holding him, when they did the switch, then again when there were pauses between him talking to the media and looking at George. If he felt like he was doing something, even if that something was just looking at his son, he seemed fine, but if he wasn't then he seemed just uncomfortable.

I will say though that they both handled it really well, and while he looked uncomfortable at times it seemed like this was the most natural William has been while in media presence for a long time (except for maybe when he was playing polo). Catherine didn't have that ease at all, but then she was dealing with a lot more.
Learning to hand the baby off is very hard. I was always afraid that I would damage the baby's neck. It gets easier when they can hold their heads up. You are also right that Catherine seemed more ill at ease when she wasn't holding the baby. I imagine that she was worried about germs and all the noise upsetting the baby.

I agree that William seemed more at ease with the media than virtually any other time I have seen him.
Reply With Quote
  #1472  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: n/a, United States
Posts: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Guys please don't take this the wrong way I am just observing not criticizing. I do no have children and make a habit of not holding newborns. Did Kate look a little apprehensive holding George? She looked more stiff than William. JW if anyone else noticed.
I thought exactly the opposite, actually. The way she was cradling him and gently patting him, it looked like she'd spent her whole life holding babies - almost made me a bit teary eyed, because it all seemed so natural and cozy.

I thought William looked quite comfortable holding the baby, too. Some dads look almost terrified holding newborns, as if they're going to break, but William had a good hold on him.
Reply With Quote
  #1473  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:35 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

Learning to hand the baby off is very hard. I was always afraid that I would damage the baby's neck. It gets easier when they can hold their heads up. You are also right that Catherine seemed more ill at ease when she wasn't holding the baby. I imagine that she was worried about germs and all the noise upsetting the baby.

I agree that William seemed more at ease with the media than virtually any other time I have seen him.
Learning to hand off the baby is a huge challenge. With my nephew, I didn't feel comfortable about it until he hit the point where I was "okay, if he drops it won't kill him."

When he was born my nephew was about the same size as George, and while he was a big baby we were all still amazed by just how small he was. It took a bit to get past the "don't drop him, support his head, don't drop him, am I holding him too right, don't drop him."
Reply With Quote
  #1474  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
Really? If your sensibilities are so outraged by such a discussion, you can always choose not to read the thread. We're making observations, not criticisms, but inferring that members are disgusting is certainly critical and disrespectful on your part.

If such discourses disgust you, I'd advise you to switch to other threads that are more palatable to your taste.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #1475  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme View Post
Some of the comments on here are disgusting and prefacing a remark with "I don't mean to be critical but..." doesn't cut it. She gave birth just 8 hours before, doing a press call in front of over 200 paps and people are calling her tired and uncomfortable. Disgusting.
No one is criticizing her though.

We're observing that she looked tired and uncomfortable - which was completely acceptable as she had just given birth the day before (it was more than eight hours earlier). No one is saying that it's a bad thing, in fact the general consensus seems to be "while she looked tired and uncomfortable, completely understanding given as she's just recently given birth, we think she's amazing because she's able to appear in such a vulnerable moment, unlike many female celebrities."

There's a huge difference between making an observation, even if it's not a positive one, and making a criticism. Maybe you should learn it.
Reply With Quote
  #1476  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,615
I have to agree that people are reading far too much into how she looked. To put this into perspective, this is what she faced 24 hours after giving birth and this is what she had to walk out and introduce her newborn child to: https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/...683200/photo/1

I think she looked remarkably happy and comfortable considering.
Reply With Quote
  #1477  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I have to agree that people are reading far too much into how she looked. To put this into perspective, this is what she faced 24 hours after giving birth and this is what she had to walk out and introduce her newborn child to: https://twitter.com/BuzzFeed/status/...683200/photo/1

I think she looked remarkably happy and comfortable considering.
This was described in the Sunday Times as 2 small people facing the lions in the arena - they did really well.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #1478  
Old 07-28-2013, 08:53 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,811
Exactly, and that's why people are giving her credit for what she did after giving birth.
__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #1479  
Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 PM
padams2359's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 524
She was fantastic, all things considered. She is quickly learning how critical the news media can be. Some news channel had a child nurse or something or other in the back seat of a Range Rover explaining how William improperly put the baby in the car seat. Was that really necessary? I don't know about the rest of you, but when we left the hospital with our children, we did not receive an Owner's Manual. Nor did we walk out to the world media watching our every move. Hormones, exhaustion, a combination of both, they both were more than pleasant.
Reply With Quote
  #1480  
Old 07-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 3,957
She had the good sense to have the baby in the afternoon so she didn't miss a night of sleep.
All I know is that I delivered the same weight baby and 24 hours later had to change hospital rooms. Moving and relocating in my hospital gown, hair matted down, and could barely walk, and burst into tears!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit braganša catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murdoch new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene daytime fashion princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats prinsjesdag queen anne-marie queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sverre magnus sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises