The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am hopeful that the British government actually passes legislation to allow the first born child inherit all titles so that York goes to Beatrice. Of course in 30 years the second son, assuming a second son, could be about to marry and Andrew could also still be alive. Andrew could also remarry and have a son - so it is possible that the title won't be available.

I'm aware that the title might not be available, in fact I believe I said as much in my post (although you did go further into the specifics of why it may not).

Personally, I don't think it's likely that Andrew will remarry and have more children, but I guess Andrew does like to surprise us all. As for parliament changing the way titles are inherited.. I can't see a government touching that one either. While the system is sexist, I doubt altering the system of hereditary peerages in a manner that will continue the system is high on the list of any politician's agenda. I think Bea's best bet of becoming Duchess of York is if she's created such on the passing of her father, but given how the Yorks don't really get recognized for what they do now I can't see either of them being granted a peerage in the future, even if such a grant was just to correct the sexism within their father's peerage.

And of course Andrew may very well still be alive in 30 years - one can hope - but the BRF has shown that it has no problem with giving individuals lesser titles on their marriage with the promise of a greater one at a later date. This future son could go the route of Edward, if they so wished.

If George had been a girl the ball would have started rolling for equal primogeniture among the peerages quickly enough as some older daughters are rightly unhappy at being passed over. But the situation is considered moot point now I guess.

Question for the CoE posters out there, 1 1/2 hours for a christening is that normal? They have to be doing a whole service. How long is the naming portion?

An 1.5 hour christening service is extremely long. The Prayer Book service takes about 30 minutes and when done in a normal service takes about 10 minutes.

An additional thought is that they are having multiple hymns, a full sermon and even including communion/morning prayer service (but even then 1.5 hours is long).

An 1.5 hour christening service is extremely long. The Prayer Book service takes about 30 minutes and when done in a normal service takes about 10 minutes.

An additional thought is that they are having multiple hymns, a full sermon and even including communion/morning prayer service (but even then 1.5 hours is long).

Maybe they mean that the family will be there that long, perhaps to accommodate a photographer? That's my best guess. Or the whole time start to finish is bogus?

Hopefully the 1 1/2 hrs is naming, pictures and lunch afterwards. Otherwise, it will be pretty hard to keep George from bawling his head off if he has to go thru 90 minutes from hymns and sermons.

Zoetropo, Alan is a great historical name, and if Cambridges have a second son, that would be a good one. Already starting the name-thread. I like the Brittany form of Alan, Alain. HGD Stephanie of Lux has a brother Alain, in fact most of her siblings have names which i associate with Brittany, although I think Iluvbertie corrected me on one of those.
Alan Rufus is a distinguished sounding name, which you have brought up, Zoetropo.

Rufus sounds like a dog's name - sorry (I did have a dog called Rufus as a kid by the way).

I like Rufus more as a nickname than as a given name.

Somehow, I can't see this couple choosing names that are too out there for the first name. They seem to have gone more with names that reflect more recent family history than with more archaic ones, so I think for future children we can expect the same.

A pub in St Albans Road is celebrating after receiving a letter from St James’s Palace telling them The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were "touched" they had changed their name to The Prince George.

He said: "There have been noise complaints in the past, and I wanted to start afresh.
"We started a ballot, and 80% of customers voted for the pub to change to The Prince George.
"It is perfect because we aim to be a traditional English pub, and this name has real meaning."
Mr Rigg, 32, wrote to the palace to inform them of the name change and to congratulate the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of Prince George.
He received a reply from St. James’s Palace which said: "The Duke and Duchess were touched that you would change the name of your pub to The Prince George and have asked me to send you and your customers their warmest thanks and best wishes."
Mr Rigg continued: "I was not expecting a reply and were thrilled to receive the letter and photo of the young family.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/ne...pub_changes_its_name_to_celebrate_royal_baby/

I'll bet Guy Pelly wishes he had thought of that first.

Rufus sounds like a dog's name - sorry (I did have a dog called Rufus as a kid by the way).

Ruf! Ruf! Ruf ruf!

Just think, in years to come little Georgie can run around at family gathering with little Rufus, little Maudie, and whatever Zara names her kid; perhaps Zinc or some nice combination of both parents' names.

I have a question: Is there in UK a law which oblige kids to be vaccinated? If so, at what age should George have his first vaccine?

Hmm, I have not heard of a law that says you have to get your kids vaccinated, but I'd be really surprised if they didn't vaccinate George.

I hope there isn't a Duke of Boston coming along; for sure they'd call the poor child "Stumpy."

The nanny is definitely older than 22. I daresay in early 40s so her age is mature enough to have experience. The pic was taken last week though

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4h
This year's Buckingham Palace summer opening will be an exhibition about royal childhood - obviously chosen because of Prince George!

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror 4h
Items on display include the Queen's childhood toys, Prince George's christening robe and the font used during his baptism

The christening robe and the font were/would have been used for other people?

The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge, 22 July 2013

The font is normally in the Tower with the Crown Jewels. The gown has been used with James, Savannah and Isla but they aren't going to draw tourists to the palace like George. Mia's christening is most likely before the summer opening so they won't have to take the robe and font out for the day.

Plus it a post from twitter so it easier to say Prince George's than all royal babies since Viscount Severn :)

Last edited:
I am sorry, but my dear anchor(whoever said that on whichever TV), Kate WILL NOT follow Diana's example.
NO.She will not parade her kids in front of media as a bait to get attention.
NO.She will not make her barely-teenage son her "rock" and confuse and torment him with all her emotional frustrations.
NO.She will not endanger her son's future prospects just to malign her husband's family.
NO.She doesnt believe you can prove to be a "great" mom only by making the dad look worse.
Kate just simply cant do that.Because, afterall, Kate is level-headed and mentally stable.

AMEN!!!!!

History will show what a master manipulator Diana was. Charles was no saint, but Diana was terrible.

Can you imagine Carole & Diana as competing grandmas and mothers in law?? The mind boggles.

The font is normally in the Tower with the Crown Jewels. The gown has been used with James, Savannah and Isla but they aren't going to draw tourists to the palace like George. Mia's christening is most likely before the summer opening so they won't have to take the robe and font out for the day.

Plus it a post from twitter so it easier to say Prince George's than all royal babies since Viscount Severn :)

Just saw this. Dont think they would use the gold font. That hasn't been used for any of Annes grandchildren so far as they've been christened in the local church.

sorry just realised its got nothing to do with this thread anyway.

Back
Top Bottom