The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

That is a precious photo of Will and his son.

I agree, I find it touching that William is a father. He looked very proud of his beautiful family on that day. I just find it exciting they're a family now.

I bet if you told Kate on her first day at St Andrews that she would marry Prince William and have a child with him she would laugh. :lol:

Last edited:
We don't know what sort of family they are just yet - it has been only three weeks and he is back at work and has been out to polo and for a boozy weekend.

I will make a judgement on what type of family they are in about 10 years - if they are still together, if George is a reasonably well behaved boy for a 10 year old, if there are issues with younger siblings assuming any, etc etc.

At the moment they are like any other couple with a new baby -tired, stressed and he is escaping leaving her to it while she is with her parents and now bringing in the help.

At the moment they are like any other couple with a new baby -tired, stressed and he is escaping leaving her to it while she is with her parents and now bringing in the help.

Tired and stressed? Have you been to visit? George could be the perfect baby now he's at home and not in a hospital cot, he could feed on the dot, sleep through the night and be just fine. Not every parent is stressed and tired you know. Also whilst we might not be able to see into the future to see if they're going to be a "lovely family". I think it's quite clear for everyone to see that George and other siblings are going to be most important to them. You can see it from the way they were with George. No leaving their children for 6 months at a time, no private school 600 miles away, no weekends alone for children to ponder.

Also I think it's pretty rude of you to accuse William of escaping. Yes he's played polo for what a few hours? Something i imagine that was planned months ago. He went to a bachelor party, usually parties don't last longer than an evening unless the party is out of country which this one didn't appear to be. Escaping suggest he doesn't want to be there, which I think is incorrect

Last edited:
Also I think it's pretty rude of you to accuse William of escaping. Yes he's played polo for what a few hours? Something i imagine that was planned months ago. He went to a bachelor party, usually parties don't last longer than an evening unless the party is out of country which this one didn't appear to be. Escaping suggest he doesn't want to be there, which I think is incorrect

I call it escaping, and I'll go to far as to speculate that Kate might have been happy for him to go. It's quite possible they've been driving each other nuts and were each glad to have a breather. :D

I'm not a glass half full person - I'm a Full glass person and I work on the basis that it's fine until there is evidence to the contrary. So why not assume that they are/will continue to be great parents.

I'm not a glass half full person - I'm a Full glass person and I work on the basis that it's fine until there is evidence to the contrary. So why not assume that they are/will continue to be great parents.

Experience, and knowledge of human nature. They can be perfectly fine parents but still get sick of the sight of each other occasionally, especially in the stressful situation they are currently in as new, first time, parents, living with his in-laws.

Tired and stressed? Have you been to visit? George could be the perfect baby now he's at home and not in a hospital cot, he could feed on the dot, sleep through the night and be just fine. Not every parent is stressed and tired you know. Also whilst we might not be able to see into the future to see if they're going to be a "lovely family". I think it's quite clear for everyone to see that George and other siblings are going to be most important to them. You can see it from the way they were with George. No leaving their children for 6 months at a time, no private school 600 miles away, no weekends alone for children to ponder.

I don't see what you are seeing - all I have seen is about 10 minutes of them together on the steps of a hospital.

Since then William has been out playing polo, working on the other side of the country and away for a stag weekend (that was how it was reported - and normal for his circle - due to the amount of drinking they do).

I am sure they planned these times apart but that doesn't change the fact that they were apart for quite a few days of George's first three weeks.

Hopefully William won't be called upon to be monarch until he is a grandfather and so won't need to do the long overseas tours that his grandmother found necessary - of course the fact that by the time he becomes king he will probably have even fewer than the 16 realms his grandmother now has - down from over 50 when she came to the throne - also means that there will be less demand for him to travel overseas - two short trip abroad a year will be all that he will need to do in all likelihood along with the fact that transport is getting faster and faster as well.

As for school - of course no boarding school also means no overseas trips, or even over night ones for them during school terms so not able to do the number of duties Charles and Diana did overnight or even at night so that one of them can be at home with the child. Kate has been reported as saying exactly that - so any overseas tours from about 2016 will be limited to the British school holidays which isn't always the best time in other countries and may not fit when they are wanted to visit e.g. in 2026 it will be 100 years since the first Australian Parliament House was opened by the then Duke of York, along with his Duchess and a possible celebration that a royal could be welcomed but as that is in May then no William or Kate as they can't leave the children.

I agree with you on both statements.

Not all babies are dificult to take care of, my mom always said my older brother was so dificult because he was always crying but with me she had the "perfect" baby because I was always sleeping and then eating, I never cried much. She was a bit tired when she was taking care of me because she also had my 3 year-old brother at the time to take care as well, a toddler and a baby is double work.
But George is an only child yet and he might be a peacefull baby, if he is, I doubt they would feel tired and stressed.

Of William escaping, that's nonsense, how come you have a baby and stop living your life? With great planning and a apropriate schedule, every parent can do what they did before they had a child, it's not that you are stuck and live in prison if you have a baby. With the appropriate arrangements you can still enjoy some polo, or going to the theater, or eating at a restaurant, etc, for a few hours even if it's just one hour.

A perfect baby, one who sleeps through the night at three weeks? One whose mother is not tired and stressed?

I want to come live in your world! :flowers:

This forum loves turning happy events into something negative. :bang:

Unfortunately, what ILuvBertie wrote is what I feel. It's too bad that there are always two sides of the coin and it's always best to look at both sides. If I had just had a baby and my husband went off on a stag party, he would have hell to pay. It's not like he'd never been to a stag party. Selfish and immature, IMO.

I believe the party was for one of his best friends, and planned well in advance, so I don't see why it was wrong for him to be there. It's not like he was leaving Kate all alone for days with the baby. As for the party being boozy, I'd question that, too, since he was seen surfing at the do, and I doubt any of them would be crazy enough to down a few and then venture out on surf boards.

Prince William seen surfing at stag do - Telegraph

...he'd still have hell to pay. Selfish and immature.

Kate and her baby are being well looked after at the Middleton's. I don't see why William can't leave them for a weekend to attend one of his best friends' party. And it's not those random boozing club parties that he and kate used to go when they were young. It's a bachelor party that supposedly is a "once in a lifetime" event for his friend. And as what others have mentioned, it must have been planned a long time ago. Kate would have known beforehand and understand why William need to go.

Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot:
Kate Middleton to choose Prince George family pictures as official portraits instead of formal photoshoot - Mirror Online

"The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge are planning to use their own photographs with new born Prince George as official portraits."

"In another twist, the baby portraits are expected to be revealed in a tweet from Kensington Palace early next week."

I don't believe this a second, that a hobby photographer's pictures taken at the Middleton home will be released as 'official pictures'.

For all we know, Kate could have gotten some of her girlfriends together and left Georgie home with grandma for the night. There's all kinds of possibilities and I don't see anything wrong with going to the stag do. Just because these dos suggest a boozy evening, that doesn't mean Will had to drink himself silly. I think those days are filed under history in his book.

After three weeks with a newborn, regardless of what the child is like, its good to get away for a bit. I remember all too well having 3 kids 5 and under and hubby tired after working all day and just itching to have someone above a Sesame Street level to talk to. It had to be mothers that invented the girl's night out.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 18m
Royal Central can confirm that official photographs of Prince George will be released 'in the next week or so'.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 15m
Royal officials told us that family photos (not taken by a professional) are only ONE of the options for Prince George photographs.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 14m
Photos will be released through the normal photo agencies and may be tweeted afterwards. Twitter will NOT be primary release method for pics

I love how confirmation is "next week or so". That's no confirmation at all. We were told a picture would come before William went back to work, that didn't happen. They're guessing.

...he'd still have hell to pay. Selfish and immature.

Your selfish and immature is other's realistic and well-adjusted. It's just differing opinions and we do best on the forums when we acknowledge we all have a right to them. Arguing never gets us much of anywhere, while listening may lead to a different insight, even as we continue to disagree. IMHO. :cool:

Oh and Lumutqueen - I absolutely agree. We have been down this path before. :)

Yeah, they seem to have no idea when the photos are going to be released.

It's amazing that a couple of hours away for a polo game and a weekend to celebrate a friends upcoming nuptials is considered a big deal. Those two events were planned well in advanced, so it's not like William just up and left Kate. I imagine they talked about it and Kate was fine with William going.

I will make a judgement on what type of family they are in about 10 years - if they are still together, if George is a reasonably well behaved boy for a 10 year old, if there are issues with younger siblings assuming any, etc etc.

To be honest, I don't see how waiting 10 years will tell you what type of family they are. It's possible to raise seemingly well behaved children, but still be a highly dysfunctional family in private.

When was it announced that they were bringing in help? All I have seen were 2 or 3 conflicting rumors. I haven't heard an official announcement or anything.

As for escaping, he spent one weekend away 2 weeks after George was born. It's not like he's been partying non-stop since George's birth. I also imagine since Kate is staying with her parents, they take the baby and let her have a few hours to "escape" and just relax.

Your selfish and immature is other's realistic and well-adjusted.
Yep! Life doesn't stop after you have a baby.

Last edited:
I love how confirmation is "next week or so". That's no confirmation at all. We were told a picture would come before William went back to work, that didn't happen. They're guessing.

IIRC, I believe they said the pictures would be taken before William went back to work, not necessarily released before that time. My guess is that they will not be released before Prince Philip sees Prince George.

IIRC, I believe they said the pictures would be taken before William went back to work, not necessarily released before that time. My guess is that they will not be released before Prince Philip sees Prince George.

But truly, until it is announced or it happens, they are guessing. It's how they sell the news. Occasionally, they even guess correctly! :lol:

Yeah, they seem to have no idea when the photos are going to be released.

It's amazing that a couple of hours away for a polo game and a weekend to celebrate a friends upcoming nuptials is considered a big deal. Those two events were planned well in advanced, so it's not like William just up and left Kate. I imagine they talked about it and Kate was fine with William going.

When was it announced that they were bringing in help? All I have seen were 2 or 3 conflicting rumors. I haven't heard an official announcement or anything.

As for escaping, he spent one weekend away 2 weeks after George was born. It's not like he's been partying non-stop since George's birth. I also imagine since Kate is staying with her parents, they take the baby and let her have a few hours to "escape" and just relax.

Yep! Life doesn't stop after you have a baby.

I am a mom, and I completely agree! My goodness, it's quite the adjustment to being a first time parent, I remember how incredibly tiring and difficult it was - not that I am complaining, but it can be so overwhelming. William and Kate get crap for leaving the house? Getting away? Wow. Glad I am not a royal, or I would have been tried for treason when I would ask my mum to take the baby for a couple hours to get a nap in!

Back
Top Bottom