The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unless of course it was a test between England and Australia in which case you would not want him to support either side or to congratulate the victors if Australia lost the test. Probably it would be ok to congratulate the victors if Australia won the test though.

:lol: Didn't take long!

This little boy will never be our Head of State, so it's a moot point.

As to HM supporting the England team, I expect her to support it. It's only natural for someone to support their own country's team. My outburst regarding HM's little fist pump was based on the fact that it demonstrated, once gain, how, by dint of being Head of State of both countries, her loyalties are divided. Our Head of State should not be pleased another team beat us. IMO one person should not be Head of State of sixteen different realms.

I would expect HM to congratulate the winners, whoever they are. I also expect the losers to accept defeat graciously and to congratulate the winners. That's cricket!

Last edited:
I still don't believe the story of the fist pump. Does that sound like HMQ to any of us??? Two old guys being egged on by journos - that's what I believe.

To paraphrase, if it looks like HMQ, sounds like HMQ and acts like HMQ, then it is. A fist pump doesn't seem like her at all.

But it's a great game and those taking part will accept the outcome graciously as Roslyn says.

Coronation Street is not a mere soap opera. It is a national institution... .
I liked 24 and Pawn Stars but I don't think George should be rescued from a terrorist attack by Jack Bauer or have Chumlee try to sell him a sterling silver rattle. Sorry but they're the royal family not the Kardashians - if they like the stars of a show they can meet them but they shouldn't appear on some soap opera no matter how popular. Hopefully it's just a rumor - give an interview and show off George, don't put him on an episode of Neighbors ( is that even still on?)

Last edited by a moderator:
...I would expect HM to congratulate the winners, whoever they are. I also expect the losers to accept defeat graciously and to congratulate the winners. That's cricket!
You're a very good sport and very sporting. You also point out some of the central contradictions in a Monarch prefer her most-close country to those further afield. Being neutral in such settings is not impossible.

I still don't believe the story of the fist pump. Does that sound like HMQ to any of us??...
Who's to say? She's a delightfully idiosyncratic sort of person.

Royal Canadian Mint ‏@CanadianMint 3h
Celebrate the arrival of HRH Prince George of Cambridge with these once in a lifetime coins from the Mint! http://ow.ly/nKvMh #RoyalBaby

She didn't fist pump when her horse won at Ascot; I don't see her fist pumping over the outcome of a cricket match.

Well, she either did or didn't (I have no way of knowing). I can imagine it though. Perhaps she's feeling more and more liberated as time goes on (her reaction at Ascot was memorable, with or without hand gestures).

Well, she either did or didn't (I have no way of knowing). I can imagine it though. Perhaps she's feeling more and more liberated as time goes on (her reaction at Ascot was memorable, with or without hand gestures).

She may be, but I still cannot imagine HMQ "fist pumping" and certainly not when England play and beat Australia. She never forgets she is Queen of both realms.

...My outburst regarding HM's little fist pump was based on the fact that it demonstrated, once gain, how, by dint of being Head of State of both countries, her loyalties are divided...
It's amazing how you easily believe tabloid crap? I could never imagine "fist pumping" and "Queen Elizabeth II" going together. I think you've heard something that solidifies your position against the monarchy and you're sticking with it. I don't understand it me.

I'd also like to know how you can see Australian republican future so clearly? Have you got a crystal ball?

This thread is about Georgie after all.

Okay, that might be the creepiest thing I've seen. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen today.

That definitely wasn't supposed to be a challenge, Baroness!

But yes, I hadn't seen that yet, and yes it is definitely creepier. I will say the doll itself was cute, although the amount of pink makes me think the makers were expecting the Prince George doll to be a Princess Georgina.

The BBC's Peter Hunt tweeted yesterday that the parking restrictions protecting approaches to the Middleton home expired last night.

Has anyone heard if traffic continues to be restricted?

Or heard of traffic restrictions/security presence in Anglesey? (I doubt this but since we lurve to speculate...)

I realize at this point George and the Duchess are playing a shell game with their location, and I have to say they are doing an excellent job! :baby:

I don't know about parking restrictions but the no fly zone has been lifted.
There are/were no restrictions in Anglesey.
Should have added that as their Anglesey home is close to RAF Valley, there will be permanent flying restrictions in the area

Okay, that might be the creepiest thing I've seen. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen today.

Not so fast...here is something that will OUTCREEP all of us! :eek:

lyj6.jpg

Well thats an interesting sculpture. A little odd. Dont know what else to say, artistic? You have to admit its different. : •

Not so fast...here is something that will OUTCREEP all of us! :eek:
:eek: Looks like they met the fate of Lot's wife.
I'm waiting for someone to build them out of Legos.

MOST DEFINITELY! and tell me, does anyone really think that this kate doppleganger actually looks like her? i think not. :ROFLMAO:

No biggie. When it rains, the sand sculpture will be gone forever.:D

This is bad news about the EU-creep. There are some nice countries in the EU but the forced take-over and the economic problems do not suggest it is a good idea to belong.

Teaser! We have to subscribe to the newspaper to read the rest of the juicy article!:cool: I read he went back to work this week, so maybe it's his weekend off.

Last edited:
The Sun would start charging people to read their articles.

Back
Top Bottom