The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On good lord how did we fall into England v UK v Great Britain? The entire thing gives me a headache and makes me want to cry. It would take a whole college semester to understand how it all works.

:previous:
Keeping it simple in three easy steps:

England Great Britain the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (where means "part of")

The other posts have been moved to the History of the United Kingdom thread in Members' Corner.

Thanks, yes I noticed that when I compared the two. Fixed. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that Catherine's occupation is "Princess of the United Kingdom" :)

Right, but I think people and even the media get confused on the "Princess" part. They seem to think if she's a (Princess of the United Kingdom) that must mean they can call her "Princess Catherine or Princess Kate." I think they don't understand that Catherine isn't a Princess in her own right but only through marriage. 'Princess William' is part of her full formal title and style.

Absolutely, princess by birth and princess by marriage have two entirely different meanings and makes a huge difference in its usage.

Much of the trouble comes from the common (incorrect) usage of "Princess Diana".

Yes, we understand that (at least most of us!), but she's officially known as HRH, the Duchess of Cambridge, not Princess Catherine, not Duchess Catherine and not Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge. If Prince William hadn't received the Duke of Cambridge title upon his marriage, then she'd be known as Princess William.

And I always heard that Diana was very quick to point out the error when she was addressed as Princess Diana.

Last edited:
I think that a common perception is that a Princess is superior to a Duchess, and this is what confuses many people. It's understandable given that there are lots of non-royal Duchesses.

Ok back to George. Wonder what he's doing now, how he likes the outside world. If Kate takes care of what goes in and William takes care of what comes out.
Is Buckleberry like Anglessey meaning they can go out freely with no fear of being harassed or photographed?

Ok back to George. Wonder what he's doing now, how he likes the outside world. If Kate takes care of what goes in and William takes care of what comes out.
Is Buckleberry like Anglessey meaning they can go out freely with no fear of being harassed or photographed?

According to Will today it's just nappies, nappies, and more nappies. Also he's got to pick some up on the way home. lol

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #RoyalBaby - William tells those at Polo "I was in baby mode - thinking nappies, not really in the zone"

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/363704333973467137

Paul Harrison
‏@SkyNewsRoyal
#royal #William: "it's just nappies, nappies, nappies" asking another: "Do you fancy doing some baby-sitting"

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/363704950208995329

So I wonder how many eager hands shot up at that question???? :D

Last edited:
William on the royal nappy run

William took a break from parenting duties to play in the Audi Polo Challenge at Coworth Park, Ascot, Berkshire alongside brother Harry, admitting he would be picking nappies up on his way home.

The 31-year-old, who scored the winning goal for his team, was presented with a mini polo stick for Prince George by Audi UK director Martin Sander after the match.

William jokingly asked if it was nappies, quipping: "I've got to pick some up on my way home."

The royal also admitted it was "good to get out of the house" for an afternoon. But meeting guests afterwards, he added: "I've got to make sure I'm not too late back."

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/national/news/10591021._/

Very nice to see William smiling from ear to ear over his family.

Very nice to see William smiling from ear to ear over his family.

I was thinking that. His smile seems a lot more natural in recent pictures than it seemed pre-George.

I heard on another board that William sings Coldplay to get George Alexander to sleep; has anyone heard that?

I've read that somewhere on the net but don't know if it's true.

I wonder whether they're using cotton nappies or the disposable kind. Disposable more likely, since William joked about picking some up on his way home.

I think that William is a great father. He seems so serious (in a good way) and a man who enjoys being a father. This role must be perfect for him. It suits him very well!

It has been less than two weeks - way too early to judge what sort of parents either of them will be. The novelty aspect hasn't worn off yet.

No reason to think they will be anything other than good parents.

LaRae

It's great that William appears to be involved in taking care of George. He does indeed look very happy in the role of a husband and father. Perhaps that's what was missing in his life all along, and now that he found it, he's feeling happy, and fulfilled.

No one is assuming they are bad parents but to flat out come out and say they are great parents when a) they've been parents for a week and b) we don't know anything about them or their lives or how they parent, is the issue at hand

Back
Top Bottom