The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

Interesting as always, Ish. I used the word "inherit" because I think that is the major distinction.
I figured.

They definitely can't inherit anything, although they could possibly be created something later on, and may be able to use titles by courtesy.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles and Camilla looked thrilled to meet the new baby. I'm sure he will bring much happiness to his family circle. How could he not being that adorable!

Old 07-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
We have had the same blanket to wrap our babies in for 4 generations now. Its lace is handmade and the cotton weave is no longer made. It's a family heirloom, really, and I hope to pass it on to my grandchildren one day. I think that's a very nice thing to do for a royal, as well as a commoner.

I believe the royal couple handled their first appearance together with the future king very well: simple, down-to-earth and sincere. I don't understand how Catherine's choice of dress can be criticized, please, it was appropriate and cute. The big surprise came - for me - from William, who seemed warm, but confident in handling his newly found fatherhood, the media craziness and his newborn. More and more, he has a very reassuring presence: no matter the circumstances he is always up to par. I wish Catherine would show off a bit more personality, she sometimes comes across as a pretty doll in a shop window, completely void of oomph.

I was very impressed with William today - he was confident with the baby (and with that car seat!), affectionate with Kate, and amiable with the media (knowing his distaste for the media, I expected him to maybe answer a question or two and then get out of there as soon as possible, but he seemed very at ease with it all). As for Kate, she seems a bit shy about speaking to the media off-the-cuff, not to mention that she'd just given birth the day before and was probably putting a heck of a lot of effort into just standing out there in front of everyone. To me, she just looked so happy, and held that baby as if she'd been a mother forever. It was so sweet.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Hello and DM both saying Pippa Middleton Nico Jackson were waiting at Nottingham Cottage as the family arrived. First pictures of royal baby as William and Kate introduce him as they leave hospital - hellomagazine.com
Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

This looks like Great Grandma's grumpy face

Baby Cambridge:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...07_474x701.jpg

G-Grandma

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45051...00914&pid=15.1

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
How about the DoE for that matter?
I'd think they'd go together.

Considering the queen was quoted as saying she hoped the baby arrived before she left for Balmoral, I have no doubt the couple will soon visit, or the baby come to them.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Nobility

Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.
I disagree - she seemed focused on the baby and William

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I'd think they'd go together.

Considering the queen was quoted as saying she hoped the baby arrived before she left for Balmoral, I have no doubt the couple will soon visit, or the baby come to them.
SkyNews has reportedly said that the DoE is at Sandringham and the Queen is swinging by to pick him up on her way to Balmoral. If he's there it might make it more difficult to visit.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This looks like Great Grandma's grumpy face

Baby Cambridge:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...07_474x701.jpg

G-Grandma

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45051...00914&pid=15.1
The baby's nose is Windsor, all right. No doubt whatsoever.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
We have had the same blanket to wrap our babies in for 4 generations now. Its lace is handmade and the cotton weave is no longer made. It's a family heirloom, really, and I hope to pass it on to my grandchildren one day. I think that's a very nice thing to do for a royal, as well as a commoner.

I believe the royal couple handled their first appearance together with the future king very well: simple, down-to-earth and sincere. I don't understand how Catherine's choice of dress can be criticized, please, it was appropriate and cute. The big surprise came - for me - from William, who seemed warm, but confident in handling his newly found fatherhood, the media craziness and his newborn. More and more, he has a very reassuring presence: no matter the circumstances he is always up to par. I wish Catherine would show off a bit more personality, she sometimes comes across as a pretty doll in a shop window, completely void of oomph.
I think Catherine in general isn't as comfortable making more off the cuff remarks with the public yet. William isn't always the best at it either, but we've had 30 years to get to know him and so we know his personality.

In this case, however, I think she really just let William take the lead because she was tired. She went through a lot yesterday and her body's still recovering. It's also very likely that her emotions are out of sync as well because of the hormonal changes.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think Catherine in general isn't as comfortable making more off the cuff remarks with the public yet. William isn't always the best at it either, but we've had 30 years to get to know him and so we know his personality.

In this case, however, I think she really just let William take the lead because she was tired. She went through a lot yesterday and her body's still recovering. It's also very likely that her emotions are out of sync as well because of the hormonal changes.
You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't notice her being preoccupied with her hair. The only thing she seemed preoccupied with is William and the baby.

Quote:
You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.
Give her time. Public speaking doesn't come naturally to everyone. If you take a look at her very first speech and her later speeches, you can tell that she is improving. And to be honest, today is probably not the best day to critique her public speaking skills. She just gave birth so I imagine she's tired, emotional and just wants to go home and curl up in bed.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

According to google maps, it is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Sandrngham to Kensington. Considering how close Philip is to William, I doubt the trip is too much for him to make.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The baby's nose is Windsor, all right. No doubt whatsoever.
I think he has Catherine's nose! The Queen, Anne, Edward and Louise all definitely have the Windsor nose but I don't see this new bub having it. His nose looks like Catherine's little flat/button nose.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I think he has Catherine's nose! The Queen, Anne, Edward and Louise all definitely have the Windsor nose but I don't see this new bub having it. His nose looks like Catherine's little flat/button nose.
I could bet you it's a Windsor one, but I would be cheating a little, since I looked at the pic on a very big screen.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
According to google maps, it is about a 2 1/2 hour trip from Sandrngham to Kensington. Considering how close Philip is to William, I doubt the trip is too much for him to make.
This is a man who hasn't been seen in public for months, who requires so much rest and quiet that Windsor is deemed not quiet enough and you think that a 5 hour round trip would be ok?

I really dont think so.

As per my post #892 - that is a Windsor baby. But early days

Old 07-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

This is a man who hasn't been seen in public for months, who requires so much rest and quiet that Windsor is deemed not quiet enough and you think that a 5 hour round trip would be ok?

I really dont think so.
I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I hope he's not a Windsor baby... I don't mean that in a bad way, but we have enough "Windsor-looking" babies, so it would be nice to have a new one. He will be adorable no matter who he looks like though, though I do hope he has the Windsor blonde hair!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^But hopefully not the texture; let's hope he has Kate's and Grandpa Middleton's luxurious locks!