The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 5m
We expect to hear what names William and Kate have chosen imminently. Stay tuned.

I can't wait to see what they have named him!! So excited!

The Name any minute Now! at least we wont have to wait a month! Can't wait to hear what the name is,

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 29s
William and Kate's son's names are George Alexander Louis.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 55s
Kensington Palace: The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge.

Lol, I'm happy that the name Alexander was included. I've been hoping that would be his name.

Dman said:
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 29s
William and Kate's son's names are George Alexander Louis.

Lovely names! My guess of George was right (I was also hoping that Louis would feature).

Lovely name. George was my favourite and the whole combination sounds good

George is not surprising, as Alexander, a nice touch.
I'm more intrigued by the very french "Louis"...

George Alexander Louis ... what happened to the fourth name? Meh .. not bad, but still wish they had named him Philip.

There will now be a bunch of baby boys named George. I wonder if they will call him Jordy (that usually happens in the USA).

I don't love George, but I quite like Alexander and Louis and I think it was very kind and sensible of them to keep it to three names.

George is not surprising, as Alexander, a nice touch.
I'm more intrigued by the very french "Louis"...

Louis is one of William's middle names. He got it because of Mountbatten.

I too guessed George - and defended it against people who said it was archaic. George has so many pleasant connotations, particularly as I love George Harrison. I love the nod to the French, and to the Queen. They can call him Alex if they wish. Will the British be pronouncing Louis as "Lewis"?

There will now be a bunch of baby boys named George. I wonder if they will call him Jordy (that usually happens in the USA).

Really? George is a really common name in my area, and I know of none nicknamed "Jordy".

Happy that Alexander made the cut, and I love the connection with one of William's middle names, Louis. William and Catherine have shown they are willing to make personal changes to tradition where they see fit. George is traditional, but only three names for the heir doesn't seem to be. Good for them.

Will the British be pronouncing Louis as "Lewis"?
William's name uses the French pronunciation, so I assume little George does, also.

I too guessed George - and defended it against people who said it was archaic. George has so many pleasant connotations, particularly as I love George Harrison. I love the nod to the French, and to the Queen. They can call him Alex if they wish. Will the British be pronouncing Louis as "Lewis"?

No, it is pronounced as "Louie". This is how William pronounced his name at his wedding.

I've been thinking George in the last few days.

Brazilian Empire was right all along.

I think the BRF says Louis in the French way.

My son will be pleased at the Alexander - it is his middle name as well and I know he quite likes the name. He also loves babies and has been watching video and photos of this little guy.

Really? George is a really common name in my area, and I know of none nicknamed "Jordy".

Happy that Alexander made the cut, and I love the connection with one of William's middle names, Louis. William and Catherine have shown they are willing to make personal changes to tradition where they see fit. George is traditional, but only three names for the heir doesn't seem to be. Good for them.

William's name uses the French pronunciation, so I assume little George does, also.

I know plenty of George's called Jordy, however, I'm sure this won't be the case here.:whistling:

I wanted Alexander as his first name, shame. Still a nice name though.

It'd be nice if they'd break with tradition a little and call him Alexander!

Larae

From Louis Mountbatten i presume. If so it's a nice hommage to Prince Philip's name and to Charles's beloved uncle.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. I was surprised they didn't use Philip and/or Charles as a middle name, but I think both men will be very pleased that Louis' name is being passed down.

I like the name. I had guessed all three in discussion with friends but had included Phillip as a fourth name.

They'll have more children so if they have another son they might use Phillip/Michael/Charles etc.

LaRae

The more I say his name, the more I like the rhythm of it. I don't love George, despite its familial connections, but I like the sturdiness of it.

Wikipedia already has the baby incorrectly titled "The Prince George Alexander Louis."

Last edited:
What a really lovely name. I'm happy that Alexander got in there (it's one of my favorite names) and I think it's a nice nod to the Queen.

To me it is pure marketing to sell first it is a boy and now Prince George.

What a lovely name and its two of the names I suggested George & Alexander.

I love the name. Great choice! Welcome to the world George! :flowers::britflag:

Back
Top Bottom