The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post

Quite a contrast in these two reactions, but it's always nice to hear the extended family reactions. Sophie in particular always seems to make lovely comments. And Anne never dissappoints. :)
Anne is such a HBIC loves her :) Sophie's comment was sweet

Old 07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Majesty

President of Russia:
Congratulations to Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the birth of her great-grandson

Quote:
July 23, 2013, 12:00

United Kingdom

Vladimir Putin extended his felicitations to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on her great-grandson birth and wished good health to the newborn, the Duchess of Cambridge and all members of the royal family.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
Quite a contrast in these two reactions, but it's always nice to hear the extended family reactions. Sophie in particular always seems to make lovely comments. And Anne never dissappoints. :)
OK, Anne could have smiled and said "It's lovely." But as a great Aunt, I did understand that it was little to do with me. Even when you are close to a niece/nephew - there is just a whole line of parents, sibs, grandparents and friends that seem more relevant and/or demanding of time when the baby is born.

And just trying to imagine what Putin looks like in a state of felicitation is cracking me up.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

Ready to face the world: Royal hairdresser and aide carrying car seat arrive at hospital as Kate prepares to go home with her baby:
The crimper to the crown: Kate's stylist arrives at Lindo Wing as Duke and Duchess prepare to leave hospital with baby prince | Mail Online

It's a boy! Carole Middleton heralds birth of her grandson with blue printed Orla Kiely dress as she arrives with husband for first visit:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ves-visit.html

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

For some reason I cannot imagine Princess Royal smiling and saying, "it's lovely." This is a woman who stood up to a man who wanted to kidnap her and stared him down.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Just have found that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene have sent their message of congrutalations to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on such a wonderful news.
https://www.facebook.com/PlaceRoyale...51477478547161
Lovely, but I suppose they also feel a pang in their hearts; two years have just passed and such a happiness still doesn't come to them...
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Nobility

I'm sorry to say I think Princess Anne's comment was rude. "I'm happy for them" would have sufficed. It's not that hard. If Putin can do it, so can Anne.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Gentry

I agree, but The Princess Royal is one of those people who gets away with that type of thing because she's been doing it for so long, though. I doubt anyone'll bat an eye at that comment because it's just so "Anne."
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I'm sorry to say I think Princess Anne's comment was rude. "I'm happy for them" would have sufficed. It's not that hard. If Putin can do it, so can Anne.
I am of the same opinion as you, cinrit.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Lovely, but I suppose they also feel a pang in their hearts; two years have just passed and such a happiness still doesn't come to them...
I don't think they want children yet Charlene said in an interview they planned to have children eventually. Not every couple is in a hurry to have a baby.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm fairly certain that Anne meant no harm saying that, that was just Anne being Anne I absolutely love it, I think the comment was priceless and I wouldn't have expected less from her.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mr.& Mrs. Middleton is about to come out and probably make a statement-
The Sun's Royal Baby live blog | The Sun |News|Royals|Royal Baby

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A very touching article by Rosa Monckton. The close friend of the late Princess of Wales-

My friend Diana would have been such a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton:
Royal baby born: My friend Diana would have been a doting granny - how cruel it was never to be, says Rosa Monckton | Mail Online

It is very sad that Diana couldn't be here to welcome her first grandchild. I'm sure she's on the minds of the family now.
This touched my heart, and made my day.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess carmen View Post
I don't think they want children yet Charlene said in an interview they planned to have children eventually. Not every couple is in a hurry to have a baby.
In their age parenthood shouldn't be postponed! Charlene is 35 and a half already, let alone Albert, who turned 55 four months ago, and is - sorry for sincerity - already in a grandpa's age.
Remember that older a human being is (both woman and man) their fertility decreases, not saying about possible genetic disorders in eventual child.
And as for the interview, Charlene would not say publicly that she and Albert (may) have fertility problems and (maybe) are curing now. Although nowadays a one quarter of couples have such problems and there is (IMO) no shame in recognizing it.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

"He's absolutely beautiful" - Carole Middleton

So lovely that they went and said a few things to the press (and to all the people eagerly waiting in anticipation).
They both looked so happy.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

They looked very happy to see their grandson for the first time. Very nice of them to say a few words.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 33s
"He is absolutely beautiful. They are both doing really well," says Carole. "It's all coming back."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Gentry

Such sweet smiles from them and how nice to offer a few words to the waiting press. They, especially Carole, seem besotted with their new little grandson. I can't wait to catch that first glimpse!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
In their age parenthood shouldn't be postponed! Charlene is 35 and a half already, let alone Albert, who turned 55 four months ago, and is - sorry for sincerity - already in a grandpa's age.
But Albert has biological children, doesn't he?
At least if they want children they can always adopt.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I chuckled when I read Anne's statement and I did not find it rude at all. She said it was lovely news and she is correct in that it has nothing to do with her. Those who expect the fairytale sugary princess will always be disappointed in Anne as she is much to practical and down to earth for them.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM
Gentry

Daily Mail's take on Carole and Michael Middleton's visit.