The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Did we see Williams face? No.
So? The advancement in camera lenses between 1982 and now has been dramatic. You look at the recent baby births across Europe and you'll see various shots of the baby face. It's all in the angle frankly. I could be stood to the left of Catherine when she comes out and get a shot providing the babies head is on her right arm.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Could name him something Scottish like Robert, and break tradition having his baptism in Scotland.

William-Born June 21, baptized August 4th baptized on queen mum's bday, at Buckingham palace
Harry- born September 15, baptized December 21
Bea-August 8 and not christened until December 20
Eug- even longer, Born March 23 and christened December 23
Louise- born November 8 christened the following April 23
James- born December christened in april
Peter-November 15, christened pretty quickly in December 22
Zara-not sure

Locations:
Buckingham palace: William, Peter
Saint James: Bea
Sandringham: Eugenie
Windsor: Harry, James and Louise

Interesting enough, while the other three were baptized like Will and Peter in the music room, of the queen's kids, only Edward was not. He was baptized like both of his children, at Windsor.
Zara -born May 15 christened July 27 at Windsor (days before Charles & Diana's wedding)

Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Could name him something Scottish like Robert, and break tradition having his baptism in Scotland.

This child is the future Supreme Governor of the Church of England so the Archbishop of Canterbury is a must as is a baptism in the juristiction of the CoE - England not Scotland.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

This child is the future Supreme Governor of the Church of England so the Archbishop of Canterbury is a must as is a baptism in the juristiction of the CoE - England not Scotland.
Is that an actual requirement?

I would think that a fair number of post-reformation monarchs - notably the early Georges - wouldn't have been baptized in the CoE by the Archbishop of Canterbury. Although I can see how the Archbishop might be offended.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Majesty

this is great news. i thought it was a boy also and had predicted he was going to born 21st july! not too far off!

i'm surprised that they said that the announcement was made a few hours after the birth because they wanted to bond with the child. to me those two things are not exclusive. i can understand they want to bond with the child, but calling the queen so that the announcement can be hung outside does not take very long. i think out of respect for the press and crowds gathered outside who have been waiting for 22 days already in the heat, waiting 4 hours for the announcement is a bit too long.

they also said they were going to announce the name "in due time". i wonder when this means exactly. again, i thought it would be thoughtful to release the name. that way, everyone knows everything, and there's no more speculation, and that will give them plenty of space and time to not have to bother with the public anymore regarding the birth. it would surely calm down the press and give them a bit more freedom. i see no point in extending the wait even longer, unless they actually liked the media attention.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
this is great news. i thought it was a boy also and had predicted he was going to born 21st july! not too far off!

i'm surprised that they said that the announcement was made a few hours after the birth because they wanted to bond with the child. to me those two things are not exclusive. i can understand they want to bond with the child, but calling the queen so that the announcement can be hung outside does not take very long. i think out of respect for the press and crowds gathered outside who have been waiting for 22 days already in the heat, waiting 4 hours for the announcement is a bit too long.

they also said they were going to announce the name "in due time". i wonder when this means exactly. again, i thought it would be thoughtful to release the name. that way, everyone knows everything, and there's no more speculation, and that will give them plenty of space and time to not have to bother with the public anymore regarding the birth. it would surely calm down the press and give them a bit more freedom. i see no point in extending the wait even longer, unless they actually liked the media attention.
It is highly likely that the families were told rather quickly, but that 4 hour delay gave the new family a chance to be a new family in private for literally the only time they will ever have as such. For 4 hours the new child was an anonymous person - that will never again happen in his life. The world had already waited 22 days, did another 4 hours really do any harm?

As for the name, it is very common for the name of a newborn royal to not be released right away. Harry's name was released 24 hours (or so) after his birth, William's not for a week, Charles' not for a month. I really doubt the media attention will ever truly die down, something that William and Catherine are likely very well aware of. Things will die down a bit, name or no name, once the trio has left the hospital.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness

Fascinating, Ish. Where were the early George's baptized? By a priest in London? Must have been a priest of the C of E if they were "heads" of the C of E. I think some people would rather have a different offciator than the Archbishop of Canterbury. Maybe they know one they like.
One can take a Scots name like Robert (it's actually a French name but the Scots kings were of a Norman culture when the Kings Robert ruled) without traveling to Scotland for the ceremony, but the suggestion to have it at Balmoral was very nice, I think. Why not?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
As for the name, it is very common for the name of a newborn royal to not be released right away. Harry's name was released 24 hours (or so) after his birth, William's not for a week, Charles' not for a month.
It will be an official press release, won't it?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Fascinating, Ish. Where were the early George's baptized? By a priest in London? Must have been a priest of the C of E if they were "heads" of the C of E. I think some people would rather have a different offciator than the Archbishop of Canterbury. Maybe they know one they like.
One can take a Scots name like Robert (it's actually a French name but the Scots kings were of a Norman culture when the Kings Robert ruled) without traveling to Scotland for the ceremony, but the suggestion to have it at Balmoral was very nice, I think. Why not?
Well, George I, George II, and Frederick, Prince of Wales (son of KGII and father to KGIII) were all born in Hanover, and were likely all baptized in a Lutheran church. George III was baptized on the day he was born by Thomas Secker, then Rector of St James and Bishop of Oxford. Secker also baptized George IV, but at that point he was Archbishop of Cantebury.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
This is a happy time indeed for England, the UK and the Commonwealth. Here's a toast to all of you patient royal-watchers in England!

The happy event is shared beyond the UK and commonwealth
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Skytower in Auckland, New Zealand, illuminated in blue tonight to celebrate:
FREE WEBCAM SHOWING AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
(it's now Tuesday evening, July 23rd, in NZ).
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 AM

Royal Baby

Congratulations to Prince William and Kate. Long and healthy life for both and the baby.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the last first female born in the direct-line was Charlotte of Wales and not Queen Victoria, it was her that was supposed to be Queen not Victoria.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Im hoping that we do get a glimpse of the babes face while leaving hospital. Im sure they will show him a bit. Im also hoping for a small photoshoot, a picture or two in about 2 weeks time like we've seen with other royal houses.

Is there a possibility the baby's name could be announced as the couple leave the hospital? I don't see them as a couple who would wait a few days or a week. I think leaving the hospital and announcing the name would be great!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Is there a possibility the baby's name could be announced as the couple leave the hospital?
It's possible. That's what was done with Harry.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Aristocracy

Its quite possible that the baby could have hair and eyes that aren't blue... My baby picture is proof. I had enough hair that my mom put it in a little pink bow like pebbles lol. My eyes were more hazel then...but are now hazel brown. :)

I sadly will have to catch footage of them leaving the hospital later. I doubt they would announce the name as they leave... most sources we've read about say they were not sure yet and had a short list. And as crazy as it will drive us, I think its fair that this is something they keep to themselves for a while longer :)
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think the last first female born in the direct-line was Charlotte of Wales and not Queen Victoria, it was her that was supposed to be Queen not Victoria.
The last female born in the direct line was Princess Victoria, later Princess Royal and German Empress, daughter of Queen Victoria.

She was heiress presumptive for about a year until her brother was born.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
The last first born female born in the direct-line would have actually been Victoria, Princess Royal, eldest child of Queen Victoria.

Prior to her was Charlotte of Wales, daughter of the then Prince of Wales, later George IV.

Other first born females include Augusta of Great Britain, daughter of Frederick, Prince of Wales; Mary I, daughter of Henry VIII (as well as, arguably, his other daughter Elizabeth I); Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV; and Empress Matilda, daughter of Henry II.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 AM
Courtier

Looks like The Telegraph has live feed again this morning!

Kate Middleton gives birth to the future king - live - Telegraph
Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 AM
Gentry

I hope we get to see some pictures of visitors or the couple soon :)