The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #401  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
Did we see Williams face? No.
So? The advancement in camera lenses between 1982 and now has been dramatic. You look at the recent baby births across Europe and you'll see various shots of the baby face. It's all in the angle frankly. I could be stood to the left of Catherine when she comes out and get a shot providing the babies head is on her right arm.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:48 AM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Could name him something Scottish like Robert, and break tradition having his baptism in Scotland.

William-Born June 21, baptized August 4th baptized on queen mum's bday, at Buckingham palace
Harry- born September 15, baptized December 21
Bea-August 8 and not christened until December 20
Eug- even longer, Born March 23 and christened December 23
Louise- born November 8 christened the following April 23
James- born December christened in april
Peter-November 15, christened pretty quickly in December 22
Zara-not sure

Locations:
Buckingham palace: William, Peter
Saint James: Bea
Sandringham: Eugenie
Windsor: Harry, James and Louise

Interesting enough, while the other three were baptized like Will and Peter in the music room, of the queen's kids, only Edward was not. He was baptized like both of his children, at Windsor.
Zara -born May 15 christened July 27 at Windsor (days before Charles & Diana's wedding)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 10,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Could name him something Scottish like Robert, and break tradition having his baptism in Scotland.

This child is the future Supreme Governor of the Church of England so the Archbishop of Canterbury is a must as is a baptism in the juristiction of the CoE - England not Scotland.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

This child is the future Supreme Governor of the Church of England so the Archbishop of Canterbury is a must as is a baptism in the juristiction of the CoE - England not Scotland.
Is that an actual requirement?

I would think that a fair number of post-reformation monarchs - notably the early Georges - wouldn't have been baptized in the CoE by the Archbishop of Canterbury. Although I can see how the Archbishop might be offended.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:06 AM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,065
this is great news. i thought it was a boy also and had predicted he was going to born 21st july! not too far off!

i'm surprised that they said that the announcement was made a few hours after the birth because they wanted to bond with the child. to me those two things are not exclusive. i can understand they want to bond with the child, but calling the queen so that the announcement can be hung outside does not take very long. i think out of respect for the press and crowds gathered outside who have been waiting for 22 days already in the heat, waiting 4 hours for the announcement is a bit too long.

they also said they were going to announce the name "in due time". i wonder when this means exactly. again, i thought it would be thoughtful to release the name. that way, everyone knows everything, and there's no more speculation, and that will give them plenty of space and time to not have to bother with the public anymore regarding the birth. it would surely calm down the press and give them a bit more freedom. i see no point in extending the wait even longer, unless they actually liked the media attention.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
this is great news. i thought it was a boy also and had predicted he was going to born 21st july! not too far off!

i'm surprised that they said that the announcement was made a few hours after the birth because they wanted to bond with the child. to me those two things are not exclusive. i can understand they want to bond with the child, but calling the queen so that the announcement can be hung outside does not take very long. i think out of respect for the press and crowds gathered outside who have been waiting for 22 days already in the heat, waiting 4 hours for the announcement is a bit too long.

they also said they were going to announce the name "in due time". i wonder when this means exactly. again, i thought it would be thoughtful to release the name. that way, everyone knows everything, and there's no more speculation, and that will give them plenty of space and time to not have to bother with the public anymore regarding the birth. it would surely calm down the press and give them a bit more freedom. i see no point in extending the wait even longer, unless they actually liked the media attention.
It is highly likely that the families were told rather quickly, but that 4 hour delay gave the new family a chance to be a new family in private for literally the only time they will ever have as such. For 4 hours the new child was an anonymous person - that will never again happen in his life. The world had already waited 22 days, did another 4 hours really do any harm?

As for the name, it is very common for the name of a newborn royal to not be released right away. Harry's name was released 24 hours (or so) after his birth, William's not for a week, Charles' not for a month. I really doubt the media attention will ever truly die down, something that William and Catherine are likely very well aware of. Things will die down a bit, name or no name, once the trio has left the hospital.
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Alamos, United States
Posts: 1,032
Fascinating, Ish. Where were the early George's baptized? By a priest in London? Must have been a priest of the C of E if they were "heads" of the C of E. I think some people would rather have a different offciator than the Archbishop of Canterbury. Maybe they know one they like.
One can take a Scots name like Robert (it's actually a French name but the Scots kings were of a Norman culture when the Kings Robert ruled) without traveling to Scotland for the ceremony, but the suggestion to have it at Balmoral was very nice, I think. Why not?
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:22 AM
Kellin's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: South, Russia
Posts: 175
Quote:
As for the name, it is very common for the name of a newborn royal to not be released right away. Harry's name was released 24 hours (or so) after his birth, William's not for a week, Charles' not for a month.
It will be an official press release, won't it?
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:27 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
Fascinating, Ish. Where were the early George's baptized? By a priest in London? Must have been a priest of the C of E if they were "heads" of the C of E. I think some people would rather have a different offciator than the Archbishop of Canterbury. Maybe they know one they like.
One can take a Scots name like Robert (it's actually a French name but the Scots kings were of a Norman culture when the Kings Robert ruled) without traveling to Scotland for the ceremony, but the suggestion to have it at Balmoral was very nice, I think. Why not?
Well, George I, George II, and Frederick, Prince of Wales (son of KGII and father to KGIII) were all born in Hanover, and were likely all baptized in a Lutheran church. George III was baptized on the day he was born by Thomas Secker, then Rector of St James and Bishop of Oxford. Secker also baptized George IV, but at that point he was Archbishop of Cantebury.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
This is a happy time indeed for England, the UK and the Commonwealth. Here's a toast to all of you patient royal-watchers in England!

The happy event is shared beyond the UK and commonwealth
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 07-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 654
Skytower in Auckland, New Zealand, illuminated in blue tonight to celebrate:
FREE WEBCAM SHOWING AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
(it's now Tuesday evening, July 23rd, in NZ).
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 1
Royal Baby

Congratulations to Prince William and Kate. Long and healthy life for both and the baby.
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 AM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,004
I think the last first female born in the direct-line was Charlotte of Wales and not Queen Victoria, it was her that was supposed to be Queen not Victoria.
__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,317
Im hoping that we do get a glimpse of the babes face while leaving hospital. Im sure they will show him a bit. Im also hoping for a small photoshoot, a picture or two in about 2 weeks time like we've seen with other royal houses.

Is there a possibility the baby's name could be announced as the couple leave the hospital? I don't see them as a couple who would wait a few days or a week. I think leaving the hospital and announcing the name would be great!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:19 AM
wbenson's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: -, United States
Posts: 2,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Is there a possibility the baby's name could be announced as the couple leave the hospital?
It's possible. That's what was done with Harry.
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 AM
EchoLynn's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States
Posts: 175
Its quite possible that the baby could have hair and eyes that aren't blue... My baby picture is proof. I had enough hair that my mom put it in a little pink bow like pebbles lol. My eyes were more hazel then...but are now hazel brown. :)

I sadly will have to catch footage of them leaving the hospital later. I doubt they would announce the name as they leave... most sources we've read about say they were not sure yet and had a short list. And as crazy as it will drive us, I think its fair that this is something they keep to themselves for a while longer :)
__________________
~{}~ Love is a choice... ~{}~
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MO, United States
Posts: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think the last first female born in the direct-line was Charlotte of Wales and not Queen Victoria, it was her that was supposed to be Queen not Victoria.
The last female born in the direct line was Princess Victoria, later Princess Royal and German Empress, daughter of Queen Victoria.

She was heiress presumptive for about a year until her brother was born.
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I think the last first female born in the direct-line was Charlotte of Wales and not Queen Victoria, it was her that was supposed to be Queen not Victoria.
The last first born female born in the direct-line would have actually been Victoria, Princess Royal, eldest child of Queen Victoria.

Prior to her was Charlotte of Wales, daughter of the then Prince of Wales, later George IV.

Other first born females include Augusta of Great Britain, daughter of Frederick, Prince of Wales; Mary I, daughter of Henry VIII (as well as, arguably, his other daughter Elizabeth I); Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV; and Empress Matilda, daughter of Henry II.
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 AM
samitude's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: , United States
Posts: 751
Looks like The Telegraph has live feed again this morning!

Kate Middleton gives birth to the future king - live - Telegraph
__________________
Sylvia M.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 07-23-2013, 04:41 AM
kate2's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: /, Netherlands
Posts: 90
I hope we get to see some pictures of visitors or the couple soon :)
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events danish calendar duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style ingrid alexandra kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy movies new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit royal fashion september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises