The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Gentry

So happy! Congrats to TRH, HM, and the family! Such an amazing day for the world!

And it's nice to see a Prince to join Christian and all the young heiresses!

I think it's so hilarious though, that (1) it was seen as conventional wisdom that she was going to have a girl because of some slip up and some of the betting places paid out (2) that the succession changes were basically all for naught -- a good change certainly, but rendered much less urgent now. LOL

Old 07-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Courtier

:) I have happy tears about this news! It's awesome to see the rejoicing and sincere good-will of so many people.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Beautiful full moon in the background of Buckingham Palace tonight on this the warmest night of the year!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like that William is staying the night with his wife and son. This is and always will be a very loving and close family.

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Please, I have a (silly ?) doubt and I cannot find the answer anywhere: what does "Lindo" in Lindo Wing stand for ? Is is someone´s surname ? Is is an acronym (for what ?) Thank you so much for answering !
Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I like that William is staying the night with his wife and son. This is and always will be a very loving and close family.
Yes that's very touching and wonderful news.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I still cannot believe that this pregnancy is over.

What a coincidence: The pregancy was announced at a Monday and the little wonder is born at a Monday.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by prockert View Post
Please, I have a (silly ?) doubt and I cannot find the answer anywhere: what does "Lindo" in Lindo Wing stand for ? Is is someone´s surname ? Is is an acronym (for what ?) Thank you so much for answering !
It is the surname of someone who donated money to the hospital (others have posted more info elsewhere, but it's a bit difficult to wade through all the posts at the moment!)
Old 07-22-2013, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

And Diana is very happy in this wonderful place she lives in now...A Guardian Angel to this little boy...
Old 07-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by prockert View Post
It was mentioned earlier that it was named after a board member named Charles Lindo, who donated money to open the wing.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Such happy news!!! May he have a long happy life!! Congrats to the Royal couple!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congrats ♫
Old 07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I was thinking the same. But perhaps it will come in handy for this boy's futre baby one day.
I think it was very important - first of all you don't know what the future will bring and secondly if they were to next have a girl and then possibly a boy there would be a question as to whether the boy would precede the girl in line - this way its all worked out.

Besides its an antiquated idea especially in light of England's amazing Queens that a boy simply by reason of his sex would be a better ruler
Old 07-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yay it's a boy, I was hoping for a boy but was afraid it would be a girl.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Duke William married for loved and if they both continue to love and respect each other this will always be a loving and close family. I bet that William is missing his mother right now, especially when he call his relatives about the birth. I hope he feels Diana's presence.

BTW, the baby carriage is blue. I think Duchess Catherine knew the sex of the baby.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Blue is very gender neutral in many ways. Especially for something like a baby carriage, one could use it for both a boy or a girl. Pink not so much.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I'm disappointed it's a boy, I was hoping for a girl. But at least the child has been born now and hopefully things will settle down to some element of normalcy soon. There's been far too much emphasis on the birth of this one privileged child, IMO. I hope they tell us the child's name soon so all that speculation can stop, too.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Born to be King : a salute to the new Prince is starting on BBC1 in a minute
Old 07-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Anyone who watches QI will be well aware that until the 1920s pink was the colour for baby boys, and blue was the colour for girls. A quick google reveals an extract from the Ladies Home Journal in 1918 which wrote, “There has been a great diversity of opinion on the subject, but the generally accepted rule is pink for the boy and blue for the girl. The reason is that pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl.” It’s also said that since pink is closer to red, it was more appropriate for boys because red is a “fierce” color, whereas blue was associated with girls since the Virgin Mary is customarily dressed in blue." Pink Wasn’t Always Considered a Feminine Color and Blue Wasn’t Always Masculine
Old 07-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Anyone who watches QI will be well aware that until the 1920s pink was the colour for baby boys, and blue was the colour for girls...
True, but don't think we'll see baby boys in pink any time soon. Baby girls are often enough in blue, but pink will remain the signature color.

My cousin is expecting in a few weeks, a little girl, and have gone pink crazy. First girl born in my close family or friends, in seven years. And only one I knew before birth, was a girl, to do pink.