The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Britain has been in constant transition from one thing to another for about, oh, 1000 years. the trick is to change with the times but keep the best of your country the same:)

I am looking forward to seeing a photo with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William and Baby Cambridge like this one taken from 1894 after the birth of Edward VIII.

First tine in 119 Years and only the Second time that this has happened.

Attachments

• image-3368491648.jpg
    image-3368491648.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 231
I am so happy for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! :clap:

What a day. It's actually my first day starting a new role at work and starting a new early morning shift. When I got up at 4 AM, the first news I saw was that Catherine was in labor. I usually carry my phone on me at work, but I discovered as I was rushing out the door that my new work pants have tiny pockets that were too small for my smartphone. So every time I had a break, I would run to the lunch room where they had a television set to a news channel to find that there was no substantial update.

Finally, as I was leaving at the end of my shift, I checked my phone and saw that the only breaking news was the death of actor Dennis Farina. By the time I got home 15 minutes later, they were placing the announcement in the forecourt at Buckingham Palace. So the timing worked out perfectly for me to be able to enjoy the news once I got home.

Hey .. exciting times.
It's great news of the safe birth of the wee Prince of Cambridge.
He was quite heavy for a first born - 8lb6oz - hope his mother recovers well. I wonder how long he was?
Congratulations to Catherine and William and their families!
It was nice that the announcement was made a few hours after the birth.
Time to check out the young boy, phone all family personally and take a breath.
I loved the message of Prince Charles. He's going to be a loving and supportive Grandfather.
Can't wait to catch a peek on the steps of the Lindo Wing tomorrow - all going well...

I am looking forward to seeing a photo with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William and Baby Cambridge like this one taken from 1894 after the birth of Edward VIII.

First tine in 119 Years and only the Second time that this has happened.

That will be a neat picture. I'm looking forward to it, too.

It's too bad they didn't (I assume) do a picture including George VI. Of course, they had no way of knowing Edward VIII would abdicate and it would be George VI and his line going forward, but that would've been something: 5 monarchs/future monarchs in one photo.

What a great joy this baby brings to the world. Forever we shall remember that HRH The Prince of Cambridge was born on this day 22 July 2013 in this holy month on a Monday, just one day after King Philippe became the King of the Belgians. There begins a new chapter in the Royal House of Windsor.

The Queen Mother had a girl the current Queen. So it's the Queen, Diana and now Kate to have boys first. It could be a good thing in a way a little girl would be under so much pressure they might be a little more relaxed how a boy dresses etc. It's their first Great Grandson so that is good if Zara has a girl he is going to be surrounded in girl cousins. LOL We haven't seen William yet I remember Charles coming out after his birth we may be having to wait till they all leave the hospital together.
There is something so magic about that first meeting w/ your child - to actually see them after those long months of waiting.
Queen Elizabeth II when born was the daughter of the King and Queen consort's second son and would not have been expected to become Queen @ the time, as it would have been expected that her uncle Edward VIII would marry and have offspring - so it has been awhile since someone in the direct line @ the time of the birth had a daughter first (Queen Victoria?)
I too had concerns about how mean people can be about females and their appearance - also I was thinking ahead to when a girl would start dating and how problematic it would be to find a life partner for her. I wish things were more equal - but they aren't yet thus I'm relieved that it's a boy.

boy has already got class... he did not want to take the shine off a brother monarchs day lol.

on equality: all those young princess heiresses are going to come of age and want lives and love. i want to believe to they are being guided enough to make the good choices CP Victoria did and hopefully look to her as an example of a modern female monarch with class and elegance but still relatable.

Last edited:
There is something so magic about that first meeting w/ your child - to actually see them after those long months of waiting.
Queen Elizabeth II when born was the daughter of the King and Queen consort's second son and would not have been expected to become Queen @ the time, as it would have been expected that her uncle Edward VIII would marry and have offspring - so it has been awhile since someone in the direct line @ the time of the birth had a daughter first (Queen Victoria?)
I too had concerns about how mean people can be about females and their appearance - also I was thinking ahead to when a girl would start dating and how problematic it would be to find a life partner for her. I wish things were more equal - but they aren't yet thus I'm relieved that it's a boy.

I believe Meadow was just picking up on the list of a previous poster, where the queen mum was included in the list of women who had first born sons.

Wouldn't you know...I was reading a book all day and knew nothing until I turned on the news! It took me a long time to catch up reading the forum!
Congratulations to The Royal Family! I hoped for a little princess, but I am thrilled with a new prince!

How old are the Royal babies when they get Christened usually? I'm also wondering if when we get the name they will tell us the Godparents name. And yes I was replying to a previous post someone had said that there was a tradition in having boys first and mentioned the Queen Mother.

How old are the Royal babies when they get Christened usually? I'm also wondering if when we get the name they will tell us the Godparents name. And yes I was replying to a previous post someone had said that there was a tradition in having boys first and mentioned the Queen Mother.

I realized that Meadow, but it tweaked my curiosity, so I did a little googleing to see how long it had been since there had been a first born female child in the direct line - sort of extending the conversation, I should have made my comment clearer. I was surprised that it was a boy my intuition was that it would be a girl.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CAMBRIDGES!

And . . .

WELCOME TO THE WORLD, BABY BOY CAMBRIDGE!!!

How WONDERFUL!

And, as a few others have already posted, how absolutely LOVELY that they got the chance to enjoy their son for awhile before news of his birth was officially made public.

Congratulations to the Middletons and the BRF, as well!!!!!

Very happy to hear about the new Prince's safe arrival.. got the news at work. We all had thought it would be a girl so this is quite a surprise.. Cannot wait to see a pic of the little one..I saw a nice picture of Niagara Falls tonight light up in blue in honour of the baby's birth!!

I'm glad that Kate had a safe delivery and that she and her baby (who is surely going to be tall like his parents) are healthy.

I must say I am disappointed that the baby was not a girl and will probably have less interest in the monarchy as a result.

Nonetheless, best wishes to the child for his future and I'm sure Kate will be a great mother.

With William we waited about a week for a name, with Harry about 24 hours and with Charles I believe the wait was about a month.

As for godparents - announced at the time of the Christening which can be anytime from about two months onwards going on past experiences.

As the Queen is heading to Balmoral for the next two months I would say baptism in October/November - 14th/20th are good dates (Charles' birthday, Queen's wedding day - Anne's first wedding day as well was the 14th) and of course 15th is Peter's birthday.

I wonder if Williams's Spencer relatives were given the advance notice of his son's arrival along with the Midds and the BRF. I hope so, as a courtesy at least.

does not seem like they are a factor in his life.

does not seem like they are a factor in his life.

But they are his family, as much as the BRF is. His uncle Charles aside, I believe his aunts on the Spencer side have remained in his life at least somewhat. Hopefully they haven't been overlooked on this happy occasion.

I'm glad that Kate had a safe delivery and that she and her baby (who is surely going to be tall like his parents) are healthy.

You never know. I thought I was surely going to be tall because my parents are tall. No such luck.

He is in touch with his mother's sisters and cousins. They were invited to his wedding, one of his mother's sisters was at one of his graduations. I think that qualifies as being a factor in his life.

With William we waited about a week for a name, with Harry about 24 hours and with Charles I believe the wait was about a month.

As for godparents - announced at the time of the Christening which can be anytime from about two months onwards going on past experiences.

As the Queen is heading to Balmoral for the next two months I would say baptism in October/November - 14th/20th are good dates (Charles' birthday, Queen's wedding day - Anne's first wedding day as well was the 14th) and of course 15th is Peter's birthday.

Could name him something Scottish like Robert, and break tradition having his baptism in Scotland.

William-Born June 21, baptized August 4th baptized on queen mum's bday, at Buckingham palace
Harry- born September 15, baptized December 21
Bea-August 8 and not christened until December 20
Eug- even longer, Born March 23 and christened December 23
Louise- born November 8 christened the following April 23
James- born December christened in april
Peter-November 15, christened pretty quickly in December 22
Zara-not sure

Locations:
Buckingham palace: William, Peter
Saint James: Bea
Sandringham: Eugenie
Windsor: Harry, James and Louise

Interesting enough, while the other three were baptized like Will and Peter in the music room, of the queen's kids, only Edward was not. He was baptized like both of his children, at Windsor.

O.k. Well Im so happy for them. A little Prince is wonderful. Maybe a little off topic but, what will the heraldry look like now? Cant wait to see that one. When will a new one be created?

Will Prince Charles & Camilla and The Middletons visit Catherine in the hospital?

Last edited:
I've been with my cousin all day. We've been celebrating. So very happy for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and can't wait to see them walk out of the hospital tomorrow with their son.

I love my Dad, as sometimes he just has the best ideas, like tonight. Mom asked me if I was going to send a card to them, as I had done after the Wedding, and I told her I'm planning on it. Many here don't know, but for close to 20 yrs now (Eeeekkk!! Hard to believe it!!) I've 1st crocheted and now that I have learned how to knit over the years, have also added knitted items to the sizeable (Think Garbage Bags full just due to location and other factors) donations of clothing, blankets, buntings and, sadly, clothing used for burial of the little Angels who do not make it, to my local Neo Natal ICU. Mom thought I should send along the Full Term sweater and booties set I literally just finished crocheting this past weekend, as it was the first time for this pattern to be made. I put a stop to that idea, as how many other hand made sets like that will be sent as a gift for the little HRH?

That's when Dad asks, "You've tot a bunch of stuff ready to go over, right?" Which w/fhe exception of one blanket that needs the border of it finished since this time last year thanks to that particular yarn never being in stock, '*grinds teeth in frustration*, I do have yet another pretty big bag of things to be sent over to Sudbury. After hearing that, Dad suggested,"Well then...Just do a note for the nurses explaining this time, you're donating in the name of the little Prince in order to mark the lil guy's arrival and then do a letter to tuck into the card letting William and Kate know about it."

As I said, there really are times when he has the best ideas. I love it and it really is perfect.and exactly what the Cambridges suggested, do something for charity to mark the safe and healthy birth of not only a Prince of Cambridge, not only a Prince of the UK, but also a Prince of Canada. Anyway, i just wanted to share my Dad's suggestion. Considering he's not at all well and has Early On Set Dementia that is really showing it's effects the last few months....

Yeah. :(. It hasn't won yet though, so yay for Dad having one of his best days in awhile today and enjoy it all w/Om and me!!

You know...This evening I seem to wondering how Jacthina Saldana's Family is doing and coping. Yes, of course they knew today was coming obviously, but it's still got to be bittersweet.

Sigh..what a couple of days for us Royal fans, huh? First all of the events in Belgium w/King Albert II abdicating and King Philippe's Instillation as Monarch. Then the safe and healthy birth of little Prince Cambridge and a healthy Mum at the end of it all...

It does not get much better than this Everyone. What a Historic and Special couple of days these have been.

And on that note, there's a bed over in the next room that's got my name on it and also calling my name, so I think I need to literally go and crash into it. It's been fun sharing this special day w/all of you!! Talk to you sometime tomorrow when it sounds like we'll very well be talking about a certain picture taken at the door of The Lindo Wing. :D

Congratulation to William and kate for their new baby, a little Prince of Cambridge. Can't wait to see the little Prince :D

if this were 500 years ago, they would have had him betrothed with princess Josephine of Denmark or even Estelle at this point. oh for days of old, lol

O.k. Well Im so happy for them. A little Prince is wonderful. Maybe a little off topic but, what will the heraldry look like now? Cant wait to see that one. When will a new one be created?

He probably won't have a coat of arms until he's 18.

But they are his family, as much as the BRF is. His uncle Charles aside, I believe his aunts on the Spencer side have remained in his life at least somewhat. Hopefully they haven't been overlooked on this happy occasion.
It is sad that people often try to ignore the existence of Spencer relatives of William and Harry.
But I really doubt this baby will feel any connection with his grand-mothers family. He will most likely consider Camilla as his grandmother.

Back
Top Bottom