The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 15m
#royal #kate #Pippa & James Middleton were apparently already at Kensington Palace by the time William & Kate arrived home from hospital

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
Prince Harry has seen his little nephew, Kensington Palace says.

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 2h
The Cambridges use 'Kensington Palace' heading in the Court Circular for the first time as the birth of their son is announced. #RoyalBaby

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
The palace plans a small, pooled photocall in about two weeks' time so we should see more of the little prince then.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 43m
Aides also insist there is no protocol requiring Will and Kate to consult with the Queen over the baby's name.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 40m
Christening details still to be announced. Not expected until autumn. Likely to be more public than some but prob not live TV.

Baby definately favors William at this point.

Lovely family and I agree with the others who have commented it's good that girls/women can see what a normal woman looks like after birth, not the fashion models (Giselle, Heidi etc) who always have pics appear looking as if there was never a point where they were actually pregnant.

LaRae

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 49s
#royal William and #Kate have left Kensington palace #breaking - we will not be told where they are going - KP

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have left Kensington Palace with their baby in a four-car convoy, our reporter Mark Reynolds says.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 2m
... William in front of car (not driving). Mother and baby in back

I bet they are making a break for Buckleberry!

LaRae

Usually we get official portraits within a couple of weeks. I think it was 8 days with William not sure with Harry. Then we will get the christening.

So what's the baby's official title now?

HRH Prince George of Cambridge.

He will have that title until The Queen dies and William becomes The Duke of Cornwall as well as The Duke of Cambridge.

At that point the little fellow will become HRH Prince xxxx of Cornwall and Cambridge. Cornwall will come first because it is the older Dukedom.

If Charles creates William Prince of Wales then the little boy will become HRH Prince xxxx of Wales.

When William becomes King he will automatically be HRH The Duke of Cornwall and again, if William creates him Prince of Wales he will be HRH The Prince of Wales.

At some point it is possible that he will marry and so possibly be given a dukedom in his own right in the same way that William was created Duke of Cambridge.

Finally when he becomes King he will be HM The King.

So:

HRH Prince George of Cambridge
HRH Prince George of Cornwall and Cambridge
HRH Prince George of Wales
HRH The Duke of Cornwall and in Scotland HRH The Prince George, The Duke of Rothesay
HRH The Prince of Wales
HM The King

will all come this young man's way at some time - assuming that Charles and William both survive The Queen and the William outlives Charles and that the baby outlives all of the above.

Last edited:
Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 49s
#royal William and #Kate have left Kensington palace #breaking - we will not be told where they are going - KP

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have left Kensington Palace with their baby in a four-car convoy, our reporter Mark Reynolds says.

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 2m
... William in front of car (not driving). Mother and baby in back

I wouldn't be surprised if the family were heading to the Middletons home as it was reported earlier that Kate would stay a few weeks there. Or they could be heading to a hospital to get the little princes vaccines done.

At the time of the transfer of the titles do the incomes go with the titles?

LaRae

I wouldn't be surprised if the family were heading to the Middletons home as it was reported earlier that Kate would stay a few weeks there. Or they could be heading to a hospital to get the little princes vaccines done.

Vaccines a couple days after birth?

LaRae

Surely any vaccinations for a new born would have been done in the hospital and the others are a couple of months away etc.

As for where they are going no doubt the press will soon report their arrival somewhere - probably Bucklebury - which I believe is less private than KP so possible for the press to get much closer than at any of the royal palaces. Then again they could be heading for somewhere like Windsor as The Queen and Philip are about to go north so no one there and the added security - and the Middletons could stay as well.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 21m
Kensington Palace will not be saying where the Cambridges are heading but they turned eastwards, not westwards towards Bucklebury.

Vaccines a couple days after birth?

LaRae

Vaccines are given as the baby is discharge but not sure if it can be given 24hrs of birth. I know it can after 48hrs. Next shot is at 3 months then 6 months then 12 month and 18 months.

Ok what's in the east or where in the east would they be heading?

LaRae

Vaccines are given as the baby is discharge but not sure if it can be given 24hrs of birth. I know it can after 48hrs. Next shot is at 3 months then 6 months then 12 month and 18 months.

We don't do (here at least) vaccines that soon after birth. Some wait even longer than the traditional schedule as well.

LaRae

He doesn't seem to think it's Buckleberry.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 21m
Kensington Palace will not be saying where the Cambridges are heading but they turned eastwards, not westwards towards Bucklebury.

So could it be Windsor? It can't be too far surely not this close to having just given birth.

I can't imagine Kate is keen to drive too far this soon after giving birth.

LaRae

I know everyone is waiting for the Prince's name to be released and many members of the media are sticking around to report on it but I do think the media should back off now.

I haven't seen the entrance to Kensington Palace in years. Diana used to be pictured driving or being driven from that entrance a lot, so I hope the media don't get into the habit of staking out there. Maybe for only official occasions but that should be it, IMO.

Last edited:

According to Richard Palmer they are heading East. Any ideas where they might be going?

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter 28m

Yes, it is west. Perhaps they took a round-about way to the M4, which is the most direct route from London to Bucklebury. They could also have taken the M3 or a combo of A40 and M4. Any route would get them to their destination in less than an hour.

They may be stopping at Windsor so PP can see the baby. 20 minute drive to Windsor.

Last edited:
Confirmed -

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #kate The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived in Bucklebury at the Middleton Home

Back
Top Bottom