The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love to see how much William obviously cherishes and protects Catherine, standing close, supporting her with a hand or arm; they are one of the most sincerely loving couples I've seen.

There's a photo of Prince Charles at a very young age, supporting the toddler PRincess Anne as she goes down some steps, in exactly the same position as i saw Prince William supporting Catherine...

How can Diana be anything more than a picture, movie, name or someone else's memory? This child will have no personal knowledge of her - she simply will be a name, much loved by his father, but nothing really more - nothing physical at all.

My grandfather died when my mother was a girl - like William's mother - and no matter how much my mother and grandmother talked about him and so forth he is still a picture on the wall - no a 'real' person in the sense of someone of whom I have real memories and Diana will be the same for this baby - other people's memories aren't the same as one's own.

I agree. My mother's father died when she was a young woman, long before I was born. My mother has often spoken fondly of him and related amusing anecdotes, but he is merely a historical figure to me. Likewise, my father's parents died long before I was born, and they, too, are merely people who were part of other people's lives, but to whom I feel no connection.

William and Kate looked wonderful though as expected as a 24hr parent, Kate looked quite tired, hope she gets some rest. It was lovely seeing them talk to the press a bit and show off the little Prince who is adorable.

I believe it was 22 hours.

if my maths are right, she got in at 5.30 in the early stages of labour, and delivered at 4.24, so thats approximately 11 hours (and since it was the early stages of labour, i guess that means 12 hours, approximately).

if my maths are right, she got in at 5.30 in the early stages of labour, and delivered at 4.24, so thats approximately 11 hours (and since it was the early stages of labour, i guess that means 12 hours, approximately).

Soapstar was talking about Diana not Catherine. Another user was asking how long after giving birth did Diana leave the hospital which soapstar replied to saying 22 hours.

Kate looks absolutely glowing. I love the shade of her blue dress. Is it by Jenny Packham? Not sure if its true--but the polka dot is lovely to honor Diana. They look so happy. :)

Little prince is definitely looking grumpy lol and indeed a big boy. It's nice that they were being very open in front of the press--given prince Williams's relationship with the press.

I am personally very happy that William and Kate had a son as their first born. Daughters that become Queens, especially when young, aren't able to truly be a mother to their own children. William's and Kate's children are so very lucky in that regard (and that times have changed regarding delegating royal children to a nanny's care).

Congratulations to the very proud parents! And Kate you showed your doubters that you weren't too skinny to bear a babe (and what a nice sized healthy boy you did indeed present to the world).:flowers:

In close-ups his sprinkling of hair already looks pretty dark, and a child's hair usually darkens as he or she ages rather than the other way around. Perhaps he'll have Kate's hair and hairline, which I think we can all agree would be a good thing.
Some babies are born with dark hair, but their new hair grows in blonde. For example, Prince Vincent of Denmark's hair was dark at birth, but he had blonde hair later on.

A friend of my mom's had a baby born with black hair. The new hair grew in blonde, but the ends of the hair were still black so it looked very strange! :)

They looks great , Kate looks quite tired , but The couple looks so Happy , and the baby looks Adorable marvellous , wonderful Mummy & Daddy & the Baby , May God Bless them All .

I also believe that the little Prince will know about his grandma Diana. She will not just be a fading memory as I dont think the family will let it. William loved and still loves his mother very much and I know he will tell his little boy about her. As for Catherine, she looked tired but radiant and happy. Her post partum look was very much a realistic fact of how one looks after having given birth, not back to a size 4. Celebrities are just too much sometimes. Im sure she will get back to her fabulous self in due course. I admire her for not trying to hide the truth.

I can imagine Will playing old home movies with Diana in them, birthdays, Christmas, first horse, first puppy... that sort of thing. and I think Catherine will encourage it.

There's a photo of Prince Charles at a very young age, supporting the toddler PRincess Anne as she goes down some steps, in exactly the same position as i saw Prince William supporting Catherine...
Yes, I just hunted it up: a 1954 photo apparently; sweet.

I was just thinking that the baby look a lot like a Windsor, It's definitely a Windsor child. Those are some string genes.

I absolutely agree. There is a certain Windsor look there - eg Prince Andrew, and William, and this child certainly has that look too :)

How lovely to get a visit form the Queen. Im sure she is delighted to meet the new arrival.
Does anyone think that after her visit they might announce a name?

So now they're camping outide their home (Kensington Palace)??? :eek: This is outrageous! Leave the new family alone!:bang:

Exactly why is it outrageous? This is normal. They'll be camped out everywhere until the name is announced. Then they'll follow the family around to get pictures. This is what happens.

When we know the surname of this baby? Thank you

I assume you mean the first name, considering the baby doesn't have a surname.

We don't actually know when it will be announced, William's was annouced after a week and Henry's was announced when they left the hospital.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 36s
The Queen has left Kensington Palace after spending half an hour with her new great-grandchild

Last edited:
Exactly why is it outrageous? This is normal. They'll be camped out everywhere until the name is announced. Then they'll follow the family around to get pictures. This is what happens.

I don't think reporters camping outside your home and following you wherever you go is normal. Even for Royals. It's not like someone will go up there to the reporters and announce the name. I think they deserve so privacy

I don't think reporters camping outside your home and following you wherever you go is normal. Even for Royals. It's not like someone will go up there to the reporters and announce the name. I think they deserve so privacy

Well cameras following royals around is normal, it's what they do and it's how we get pictures of events. They're there because they can get photgraphs of vistors, if they weren't we wouldn't know The Queen visited etc. It's not like they're going to be able to use zoom lenses and capture a picture of Catherine breast feeding are they?

Watching the news report they're way outside the gates to the palace, further away then their encampment at St Mary's and they're waiting simply for visitors. Catherine and William know the kind of world this baby has been brought into, they showed that when they altered the way the announcement of the birth was to be done.

Shown by this one grainy picture on journalist managed to get of The Queen;
Rose Hughes (Gretton ‏@RoseSkyNews 1m
Shot of #queen recently departing KP where she met her g-g-grandson during a 40 min visit
https://twitter.com/RoseSkyNews/status/359991168077021184/photo/1

Last edited:
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 14 min Our reporter down at Kensington Palace, Mark Reynolds, says he's just seen the Queen going in.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsRoyal/status/359894515177369600/photo/1

So now they're camping outide their home (Kensington Palace)??? :eek: This is outrageous! Leave the new family alone!:bang:

Well technically it's not outside their home but outside Kensigton Palace. It's a huge complex and Cambridges home, Nottingham Cottage, is well hidden inside the KP enclosure. It's not as if the journalists were in front of their door.

So the next time we will see his photos will be at his christening, won't it?

We don't actually know when it will be announced, William's was annouced after a week and Henry's was announced when they left the hospital.
Let's hope we will have to wait no more than a week then.

So the next time we will see his photos will be at his christening, won't it?

Official photos most likely, but more than likely he'll be out with his parents before then and the camera's will snap away.

As for Catherine, she looked tired but radiant and happy. Her post partum look was very much a realistic fact of how one looks after having given birth, not back to a size 4. Celebrities are just too much sometimes. Im sure she will get back to her fabulous self in due course. I admire her for not trying to hide the truth.
I am so glad someone pointed that out. For some reason, people think your body just bounces back to pre-pregnancy immediately after childbirth....If only!!!!!

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3s
#royal #kate Prince Harry has now seen the couple and their baby, says Kensington Palace

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 16m
#royal #kate #Pippa & James Middleton were apparently already at Kensington Palace by the time William & Kate arrived home from hospital

Max Foster ‏@MaxFosterCNN 21s
Kate, William and #RoyalBaby have left KP

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
@artemismanti Christening details still to be announced. Not expected until autumn. Likely to be more public than some but prob not live TV.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
@Tweety_Ria I don't think so. Aides also insist there is no protocol requiring Will and Kate to consult with the Queen over the baby's name.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom