The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope the family will be able to live as normal a life as they can. I am sure baby will go along on family tours when he is older.

What a fortunate baby to have 2 such fantastic parents. I think William was very lucky to have found such a lovely wife! Baby looked very handsome too! I am sure William will celebrate the event by giving Catherine a very special piece of jewellery.

I think William was asked if George was the name, and he said - wait and see!

As far as newborns go, he's not even that weird-looking. No pointy head or anything.

They looked so happy! But tired, especially Kate. I think Diana looked more..."fresh" when was leaving the hospital. And we didn't see much of the baby.
I am surprised that William drove himself.

I thought Kate looked really good. Tired, but that's understandable. William said the baby has a set of lungs on him, so for all we know he could be really fussy and we just caught him at a good time.

As far as newborns go, he's not even that weird-looking. No pointy head or anything.

His head looked a bit flat to me, but he still looks cute.

Nice! The little I can see reminds me of William.

LaRae

Most newborns looks alike except for colour of hair and skin.

Not really true.

I've read that a lot of newborns look more like their fathers, and it helps them to bond with them on an instinctual level - like a "that looks like me, I must love and protect." Not sure how true it is though, but most of the newborns I've seen have resembled the dad more.

Baby puts up his hands to ward off the flash of the photographers. He's a live wire, knows what to do already.

Also, he does look robust, nice round head, excellent color.

William looks really animated. Seems to find this all just great.

Last edited:
Seeing Kate and William and their new little prince was fantastic. Even though William seemed relaxed, you could see when he was first holding him, he was intent... the couple's emotion (especially Kate) made me cry.

I thought the little prince was showing he could do a royal wave just fine! It's not something learned, it's in the genes! LOL!

Last edited:
Have to share this tweet lol

@emmyale: The last thing Kate will want to hear "Oh darling, he has my father's ears!"

That's a beautiful baby.

It will be very interesting to see in a couple of months the looks of this wonderful baby: the color of eyes and hair etc.

Seeing Kate and William and their new little prince was fantastic. Even though William seemed relaxed, you could see when he was first holding him, he was intent... the couple's emotion (especially Kate) made me cry.

I thought the little prince was showing he could a royal wave just fine! It's not something learned, it's in the genes! LOL!

I found the display of emotion from both, Will and Kate to be really touching. They'll be great parents. The 'royal wave' was precious.

Aaaaahhhh, even the dutch media is starting to compare Catharine to Diana: "Catharine wore a similar dress to Diana when William was born"
What was similar you ask (i didn't see it)?
Both dresses have dots....

I'm so happy the baby is not a girl....

Aaaaahhhh, even the dutch media is starting to compare Catharine to Diana: "Catharine wore a similar dress to Diana when William was born"
What was similar you ask (i didn't see it)?
Both dresses have dots....

I'm so happy the baby is not a girl....

It's from a tweet from People :

"Both Diana and Kate wore polka-dot dresses to debut their firstborn sons. Instagram"

Bit far fetched ...

Watching them was bittersweet... all the joy and nervousness of new parents, which rubbed off on new baby, who was alert and fussed with his hands.

I had to laugh when I saw the DM photos of him in his car seat, crying and Will trying to get him settled in car as quickly as possible. He was not strapped in correctly, straps askew and not firmly placed evenly on his chest. I say this not to criticize, as ALL new parents, afraid of harming baby or causing it to fuss more, don't mess with the straps. Baby picks up this nervousness from parents and is even fussier, leading parents to leave straps even looser.

Not to worry, this fuss is now forgotten by baby, who is either eating or sleeping. However, dad is still trying to get over the trauma of having to manage to get him into the car for the first time, wondering to himself however do people manage it, and wondering how they will get through the first night without dropping him or something.

Brings back memories. Looking back we laugh.

When and if they appear with Baby #2 none of this will happen. It will be passed around and expertly strapped in without any conscious effort on part of parents, and baby will be fast asleep because none of this tension surrounds it.

It's from a tweet from People :

"Both Diana and Kate wore polka-dot dresses to debut their firstborn sons. Instagram"

Bit far fetched ...

very far fetched :lol:

too far fetched for me, I've seen the baby, I'm going to sign off now :flowers:

They looked so happy! But tired, especially Kate. I think Diana looked more..."fresh" when was leaving the hospital. And we didn't see much of the baby.

It isnt a competition.

I'm not your mother. I am however, rather surprised you needed to be told not to call someone a moron on an Internet message board.

Well frankly your description of the babies birth was more disturbing and unnecessary than Nico's correct comment in regards to the pointless tired comment.

But tired? No? Never? What is it with this comment? Do you have to compare her to Diana on today of all days? Leave her alone please. We didn't see much of the baby? Yesterday you were saying how we wouldn't get an actual picture because one wasn't taken of William.

I was taken back on how relax they were with the media. I know they really wanted to give the press some time to take those pictures and answer some questions after the media waited so long for this day.

Last edited:
I'm sure the hospital and patients are relieved. I understand crowd's enthusiasm, but Catherine and William were not the only people in the hospital. The yelling was a little rude to the patients inside. I remember when William was born, Charles came out and asked the crowds to hold the noise down so Diana could rest. I don't blame William (or Charles) for not thinking about it, but security should have reminded the crowd before the couple came out.

That said, it was amusing when Charles asked the media if they had been there long.

Well, maybe Diana was a bit younger and stronger, but in fact Kate gave birth to this wonderful baby boy just a day ago and I admire her strength and she looked very pretty and relaxed.

But tired? No? Never? What is it with this comment? Do you have to compare her to Diana on today of all days? Leave her alone please. We didn't see much of the baby? Yesterday you were saying how we wouldn't get an actual picture because one wasn't taken of William.
Of course she is tired! I don't even understand what is the need to leave a hospital so soon. As for photos, yes we got some. Cute little baby. That's all I can say now. But most new mothers are shining with happiness, all babies are cute (even they are not really beautiful)

I'm sure the hospital and patients are relieved. I understand crowd's enthusiasm, but Catherine and William were not the only people in the hospital. The yelling was a little rude to the patients inside. I remember when William was born, Charles came out and asked the crowds to hold the noise down so Diana could rest. I don't blame William (or Charles) for not thinking about it, but security should have reminded the crowd before the couple came out.

That said, it was amusing when Charles asked the media if they had been there long.

I'm sure security and the police are relieved too.

The majority of that noise from the crowd came from people in the hospital behind and above the media pen.

I admire very much this couple because they were able to control everything during these past few hours. The press was waiting ? Who cares : they managed to have some family moments and to take their time to thank everyone.
And for Kate, let's face it guys this woman is strong and knows how it works : 36 hours after she's dressed, hairs done, smiling and royal wave ...

Back
Top Bottom