The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have there been any congratulations sent from other royal families? I've seen a couple from some presidents.

This quote from the article

One thing is certain for me, however. No matter how much Carole Middleton involves herself in the birth and early years of her first grandchild, her attentions could not be greater than those Diana would have provided.[/QUOTE]

seems a bit disrespectful, implying that Carole could never be the grandmother that Diana would have been.

Daily Mail articles, leading by the dear Richard Kay, are always a bit catty toward the Middletons and Charles :

Royal baby boy born: What kind of grandad will Prince Charles be? Ask GEOFFREY LEVY AND RICHARD KAY | Mail Online

Royal baby name: 'We've no idea what he's called' says Prince Charles | Mail Online

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
Princess Anne on the baby: "nothing to do with me, but it's very good news" #RoyalBaby

Congratulations on a beautiful baby boy! May you have wisdom, pure joy and long of life. How exciting :britflag::champagne::king2:

Can someone explain this: Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 4h William and Kate will have to register their baby at Westminster Register office. Baby changing facilities are available ther

Is this registry a parish thing, a royal thing...?

No. Why even bring up Carole Middleton's name in a piece designed to describe your sadness about Diana's missing out on the birth of her first grandchild? Where did she find that connection? Diana's relationship to the boy prince would have had little to do with that of his with his mother's mother. And Carole Middleton was going to love that baby and play a huge role in his life whether or not Diana was still with us; the child is her daughter's first baby, also. That was, IMO, just distasteful.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more! Whist I think we all had Diana in the back of our minds, tinged with a bit of sadness of what could have been and how happy this would have made her... I think it's totally disgraceful and distasteful to bring in the Middletons! Some respect for the maternal grandparents who have always held themselves with more grace and class than most!

On a separate note.. what happy news for the new parents!!! Looking forward to seeing the wee baby and I'm betting the name George Philip Arthur :)

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 5m
#royal #Kate's Parents due to visit shortly - Michael and Carole Middleton

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 3m
#royal #Kate #Middletons will be first of the set of grandparents to visit

Michael & Carole Middleton (grandparents) gave a nice smile while arriving to see the royal couple and grandson for the first time.

Last edited:
Just saw the grandparents go in...they are so lovely. I guess baby and parents will not be leaving any time soon.

Can someone explain this: Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 4h William and Kate will have to register their baby at Westminster Register office. Baby changing facilities are available ther

It's probably because they don't have a name yet. If you don't pick one while in the hospital you need to register it later (or so I would assume).

Anne so warm an fuzzy. LOL Love Sophie she is always so positive. They may not leave till tomorrow I'm surprised they waited this long to go see him. I hope we get some sort of description we don't even know if the little guy is bald or has hair.

In the UK we register births in the local registry office. I believe following the birth you have about six weeks to register the baby, or there is a fine.

The baby was born in the London borough of Westminster, so that's the registry office the baby will need to be registered at.

Do you think they will leave today? On one side I think yes because there was the hairdresser....Could it be a hint that they will not stay with Kate´s parents because they are visiting? If they would leave today and go to the Middletons they would probably not visit today...

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 19m
A member of the Cambridge's household also been seen taking a baby's car seat into the hospital accompanied by Kate's private hairdresser

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 17m
A suit bag containing an outfit for the Duchess also taken in.All in all, it seems we may have lift off for a first royal appearance tonight

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 1h
Princess Anne on the baby: "nothing to do with me, but it's very good news" #RoyalBaby
:lol: That was a lovely statement from Sophie though.

Loved seeing the Middletons going into the hospital. They looked beyond excited about seeing their first grandchild.

It seems like the Cambridge's will be leaving the hospital tonight.

Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner 34m
Duchess of Cambridge's hairdresser Amanda Tucker has been seen going into St Mary's Hospital. Another member of staff took car seat in.

Someone upthread mentioned that the reports of the hairdresser coming to the hospital were false. I don't think the fact that the Middletons are there necessarily indicates the new family will or will not be staying with them. They probably just couldn't wait another minute to see that baby! I know I wouldn't wait, even if they were coming to stay at my home!

Do you think they will leave today? On one side I think yes because there was the hairdresser....Could it be a hint that they will not stay with Kate´s parents because they are visiting? If they would leave today and go to the Middletons they would probably not visit today...

I believe it's already been stated that William and Kate will go back to KP with the baby for the first two weeks, and Kate will go to Bucklebury when William returns to work

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 19m
A member of the Cambridge's household also been seen taking a baby's car seat into the hospital accompanied by Kate's private hairdresser

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 17m
A suit bag containing an outfit for the Duchess also taken in.All in all, it seems we may have lift off for a first royal appearance tonight

Yep just saw the pictures. Looks like the Cambridge family is leaving around 6:30pm indeed! Ugh it will be 6 in the morning here lol so I'll miss the instant appearances again :(

Can't wait to see the baby, hope they will stay longer

Quite a contrast in these two reactions, but it's always nice to hear the extended family reactions. Sophie in particular always seems to make lovely comments. And Anne never dissappoints. :)

Anne is such a HBIC loves her :) Sophie's comment was sweet

Quite a contrast in these two reactions, but it's always nice to hear the extended family reactions. Sophie in particular always seems to make lovely comments. And Anne never dissappoints. :)

OK, Anne could have smiled and said "It's lovely." But as a great Aunt, I did understand that it was little to do with me. Even when you are close to a niece/nephew - there is just a whole line of parents, sibs, grandparents and friends that seem more relevant and/or demanding of time when the baby is born. :)

And just trying to imagine what Putin looks like in a state of felicitation is cracking me up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
For some reason I cannot imagine Princess Royal smiling and saying, "it's lovely.":ROFLMAO: This is a woman who stood up to a man who wanted to kidnap her and stared him down.

I'm sorry to say I think Princess Anne's comment was rude. "I'm happy for them" would have sufficed. It's not that hard. If Putin can do it, so can Anne.:lol:

I agree, but The Princess Royal is one of those people who gets away with that type of thing because she's been doing it for so long, though. I doubt anyone'll bat an eye at that comment because it's just so "Anne."

I'm sorry to say I think Princess Anne's comment was rude. "I'm happy for them" would have sufficed. It's not that hard. If Putin can do it, so can Anne.:lol:
I am of the same opinion as you, cinrit.

Lovely, but I suppose they also feel a pang in their hearts; two years have just passed and such a happiness still doesn't come to them...:sad:

I don't think they want children yet Charlene said in an interview they planned to have children eventually. Not every couple is in a hurry to have a baby.

Back
Top Bottom