The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations! Healthy baby BOY so the line of succession ended up not being an issue. New letters patent so he will be styled HRH Prince X of Cambridge. Now speculation about the names goes on.

Mom just woke me up and told me! Yay... A Prince... So no my guess but awesome anyways lol. Congrats to the happy Duke and Duchess :)

Seems like July 22 is a popular royal birthday - both Alexandra of Hanover and Felix of Denmark celebrates their birthdays today :)

Btw - I thought the official announcement outside BP said 6.24 pm, not 4.24 pm. Anyone else noticed that?

If you zoom in, you can see 4.24 pm

Instagram

Congrats on the birth of a boy. Was hoping for a girl, just to shake things up, but happy that the child is healthy.

I was hoping for a baby girl for the sole reason that Prince Charles seems rather wistful over never having had a daughter. For his sake alone, I would have liked to have seen a "Princess Charlotte". :p

But a healthy baby prince is excellent news, and I am sure Charles is over the moon. Maybe the "spare" will be a girl! :whistling:

Last edited:
A baby girl can come later because I'm sure in two to three years time they will have another but right now lets enjoy this baby boy.

I must say congrats to Michael & Carole Middleton, The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall, Prince Harry, Pippa & James Middleton and Her Majesty The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh. What a beautiful family.

Last edited:
I'm rejoicing at this historic moment!
Long life and good health to the new baby!
Happy news!
Congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses!

Congratulations. Welcome to the new little Prince. Excited for the title to be complete, and a name inserted. Happy not like Denmark, and three month wait.

Why would they choose James when we already have James, Viscount Severn?

I honestly don't think that just because someone else in the family has the same name that it will stop them from naming the baby that said name. Some people who thought that it was a girl even wanted it to be called Elizabeth, when there already was a Elizabeth. They should name it what they want it to be named regardless if a person in the family already has the same name.

I was hoping we'd get a chance to see Prince William tonight, but he won't be making an appearance.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 3m
Prince William is not expected to speak tonight to the media about the birth of his son. He's expected to spend the night at the hospital.

I'd like to see the photo of Queen Victoria, her son, grandson and great grandson recreated. That will be great!

Meaning, Queen Elizabeth II with Charles, William and the new prince

Did we get some official ones of the Queen Mum, with her daughter, grandchild and great-grandchild? Slightly different as she was consort and not queen in her own right, but still four generations.

What is the earliest time that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge might likely leave the hospital tomorrow? I would love to set my alarm clock so I can watch it live. Is there anything else to see/hear this evening?

I honestly don't think that just because someone else in the family has the same name that it will stop them from naming the baby that said name. Some people who thought that it was a girl even wanted it to be called Elizabeth, when there already was a Elizabeth. They should name it what they want it to be named regardless if a person in the family already has the same name.

Different generations are usually a different matter. Sharing a name with your great-grandmother who is in her late eighties, is different then your dad's cousin who is only five years older than you IMO.

Did we get some official ones of the Queen Mum, with her daughter, grandchild and great-grandchild? Slightly different as she was consort and not queen in her own right, but still four generations.

For William's baptism, there was a photo op with the Queen Mother, the Queen, Diana and William. That's all I know.

Relieved to hear he's here! Congratulations to the family!

Congratulations to William, Kate and their families! It's a great day!!!

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3m
Aides say William and Kate delayed announcing the birth for 4hrs 5 mins to give themselves time to enjoy private time with the baby.

A new prince

So after all the speed of changing the legislation and the issuing of new LPs last January and none of it was necessary for this child.

Baby is a sun sign Cancer, but Sun is conjunct Leo (1 degree, I think). Rising sign is Scorpio, with Mercury and Mars also in Cancer (so a very watery baby, if astrology is to be consulted).

Moon is in Capricorn, so that should anchor him a little bit.

Venus is in Virgo, which will likely make him a picky prince when it comes to courtship... (although the customary shyness and self-esteem issues of people with Venus in Virgo may not manifest, in a prince - it'll be interesting to watch him grow up).

God bless the family for what it has to endure in terms of public life.

It shouldn't be based on a baby, the necessity. Gender equality should have been changed long ago. In Belgium it happened a decade before Philippe had children.

Congratulations to William and Kate and their families!

A Prince!! A lovely little boy and, as w/his Parents Wedding, is ensuring Happy News is the lead story for once!! Which was badly needed after this last little while of the news cycle.

God Bless the little HRH Prince of Cambridge and a long and happy life to him!!

Can't wait to see the CN Tower all lit up blue during the Blue Jays game tonight!! :D

Buck House is illuminated ...
Glad to have shared this historical moment on this forum. It was amazing.
Thanks for all the contributions !

A new prince

So after all the speed of changing the legislation and the issuing of new LPs last January and none of it was necessary for this child.

I was thinking the same. But perhaps it will come in handy for this boy's futre baby one day.

Congratulations to the proud, exhausted parents and to their families. I'm glad they kept the news to themselves for awhile to enjoy the last few hours of privacy before announcing the birth to the world. Best wishes to the little prince as he faces a brave new world!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom