The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or at least the doctors knew, and whoever typed up the press release in advance. It's possible the new parents didn't know (but probably more likely that they did).

And I read somewhere she bought a blue cod. Doesn't have to mean anything, but it got me wondering and now I think maybe they did know.

Seems like July 22 is a popular royal birthday - both Alexandra of Hanover and Felix of Denmark celebrates their birthdays today :)

Btw - I thought the official announcement outside BP said 6.24 pm, not 4.24 pm. Anyone else noticed that?

The crowd outside the Palace is growing larger and larger,just watching it live on the BBC.

Didn't Diana leave the hospital after less then 24 hours? And back in the 80's, women often stayed days (my mother stayed 3 when I was born in 81, and I was healthy). Now a days, if a baby is born in the morning, mom's sometimes are home later that day. They stay over night when the baby is born later in the day.

When it comes to naming the baby i'm betting on James, Richard or Henry.

Great!
I am really happy for them!
I so wanted it to be a boy and it is a baby boy!
A lot of health to the baby boy and happy mother!

So much for the helicopter pilot theory and so much for that woman who said Catherine said it was a girl.

gives a bit of credit to the theory that Kate was going to say dog :whistling::ROFLMAO:
"I'll give it to my d..."

Welcome to the world, Future King!:king:
Congrats to the new Parents!
Congrats to the new Grandparents - Prince of Wales, Michael & Carole Middleton!
Congrats to the new Uncles - Prince Harry of Wales & James Middleton!
Congrats to the new Auntie - Philippa Middleton!
&
Congrats to the already experienced Great-Grandparents, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II & His Royal Highness, the Duke Edimbourgh!

:britflag::walesflag::baby::cheers::duckie::bunny:

Congrats, Congrats, CONGRATS!:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Last edited:
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was safely delivered of a son at 4:24pm. Her Royal Highness and her child are doing well.

The fact that the son is actually typed unlike the time of birth, makes me think they did know.

I wondered the same thing.

Seems like July 22 is a popular royal birthday - both Alexandra of Hanover and Felix of Denmark celebrates their birthdays today :)

Btw - I thought the official announcement outside BP said 6.24 pm, not 4.24 pm. Anyone else noticed that?

Maybe 16:24?

They still can have a daughter in the future.

But it will be a spare, not the heir. Some pepole wanted, for whatever reasons, a Queen Diana.
The crowd in front of BP is just HUGE.

I know the forums posted Alexandra's birthday announcement today, but her birthday was Saturday, the 20th.

So pleased both mother and baby are doing well. Hope William makes a brief appearance this evening. I can imagine the flowers have already started arriving.

Someone said they thought Prince William might come out of the hospital and make a statement. Has anyone else heard that?

When my youngest brother, now 17, was born, he wasn't supposed to be born until the beginning of April, but came the third week of January. My grandpa somehow knew in October that my parents were having a boy (they didn't know themselves what they were having), since six of the previous seven grandchildren were boys. He was the last grandchild on both sides.

Last edited:
I bet QEII is excited to have her first great grandson

The boy has already cousins: Savannah & Isla; Auntie Zara is already pregnant...:flowers:
And Fredrick and his wife are about to have a baby in a few weeks time too. Plenty of little Windsors to play with.

Things are much easier because it's a boy, so I'm also glad that it's a little Prince. And you know, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be an only child, so there's still possibilities for a little Matilda (I was so passionate about that name, they've got to use it for a possible younger sister to the little Prince) :D

From Charles and Camilla :

“Both my wife and I are overjoyed at the arrival of my first grandchild. It is an incredibly special moment for William and Catherine and we are so thrilled for them on the birth of their baby boy.

"Grandparenthood is a unique moment in anyone’s life, as countless kind people have told me in recent months, so I am enormously proud and happy to be a grandfather for the first time and we are eagerly looking forward to seeing the baby in the near future.”

Last edited:
Can't wait to find the names, I hope they don't take too long to announce it. I want to look at the baby's face and associate/connect with his name while seeing him. Silly isn't it?

You can't see it that well but it says 4:24pm - http://instagram.com/p/cFLan6OBUs/

Someone said they thought Prince William might come out of the hospital and make a statement. Has anyone else heard that?

Nope. Hasn't been done before as far as I'm aware. European royals do it though.

Considering he usually avoids the media if he can, I suspect he won't make any kind of statement. He will want to keep the media as far away as possible in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom