The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2013, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Unless of course it was a test between England and Australia in which case you would not want him to support either side or to congratulate the victors if Australia lost the test. Probably it would be ok to congratulate the victors if Australia won the test though.
Didn't take long!

This little boy will never be our Head of State, so it's a moot point.

As to HM supporting the England team, I expect her to support it. It's only natural for someone to support their own country's team. My outburst regarding HM's little fist pump was based on the fact that it demonstrated, once gain, how, by dint of being Head of State of both countries, her loyalties are divided. Our Head of State should not be pleased another team beat us. IMO one person should not be Head of State of sixteen different realms.

I would expect HM to congratulate the winners, whoever they are. I also expect the losers to accept defeat graciously and to congratulate the winners. That's cricket!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I still don't believe the story of the fist pump. Does that sound like HMQ to any of us??? Two old guys being egged on by journos - that's what I believe.

To paraphrase, if it looks like HMQ, sounds like HMQ and acts like HMQ, then it is. A fist pump doesn't seem like her at all.

But it's a great game and those taking part will accept the outcome graciously as Roslyn says.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Coronation Street is not a mere soap opera. It is a national institution... .
I liked 24 and Pawn Stars but I don't think George should be rescued from a terrorist attack by Jack Bauer or have Chumlee try to sell him a sterling silver rattle. Sorry but they're the royal family not the Kardashians - if they like the stars of a show they can meet them but they shouldn't appear on some soap opera no matter how popular. Hopefully it's just a rumor - give an interview and show off George, don't put him on an episode of Neighbors ( is that even still on?)
Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
...I would expect HM to congratulate the winners, whoever they are. I also expect the losers to accept defeat graciously and to congratulate the winners. That's cricket!
You're a very good sport and very sporting. You also point out some of the central contradictions in a Monarch prefer her most-close country to those further afield. Being neutral in such settings is not impossible.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I still don't believe the story of the fist pump. Does that sound like HMQ to any of us??...
Who's to say? She's a delightfully idiosyncratic sort of person.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Who's to say? She's a delightfully idiosyncratic sort of person.
She didn't fist pump when her horse won at Ascot; I don't see her fist pumping over the outcome of a cricket match.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Majesty

Royal Canadian Mint ‏@CanadianMint 3h
Celebrate the arrival of HRH Prince George of Cambridge with these once in a lifetime coins from the Mint! http://ow.ly/nKvMh #RoyalBaby

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of Durham View Post
She didn't fist pump when her horse won at Ascot; I don't see her fist pumping over the outcome of a cricket match.
Well, she either did or didn't (I have no way of knowing). I can imagine it though. Perhaps she's feeling more and more liberated as time goes on (her reaction at Ascot was memorable, with or without hand gestures).
Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Well, she either did or didn't (I have no way of knowing). I can imagine it though. Perhaps she's feeling more and more liberated as time goes on (her reaction at Ascot was memorable, with or without hand gestures).
She may be, but I still cannot imagine HMQ "fist pumping" and certainly not when England play and beat Australia. She never forgets she is Queen of both realms.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
...My outburst regarding HM's little fist pump was based on the fact that it demonstrated, once gain, how, by dint of being Head of State of both countries, her loyalties are divided...
It's amazing how you easily believe tabloid crap? I could never imagine "fist pumping" and "Queen Elizabeth II" going together. I think you've heard something that solidifies your position against the monarchy and you're sticking with it. I don't understand it me.

I'd also like to know how you can see Australian republican future so clearly? Have you got a crystal ball?

This thread is about Georgie after all.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

And you can own a baby doll Georgie in his christening clothes as well! They should change the ad to include his name:

http://static.entertainmentwise.com/...583025_002.jpg
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Okay, that might be the creepiest thing I've seen. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen today.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Then you obviously didn't see THIS :

Duchess of Cambridge lookalike gets her own Prince George | Mail Online
Old 08-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

That definitely wasn't supposed to be a challenge, Baroness!

But yes, I hadn't seen that yet, and yes it is definitely creepier. I will say the doll itself was cute, although the amount of pink makes me think the makers were expecting the Prince George doll to be a Princess Georgina.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The BBC's Peter Hunt tweeted yesterday that the parking restrictions protecting approaches to the Middleton home expired last night.

Has anyone heard if traffic continues to be restricted?

Or heard of traffic restrictions/security presence in Anglesey? (I doubt this but since we lurve to speculate...)

I realize at this point George and the Duchess are playing a shell game with their location, and I have to say they are doing an excellent job!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't know about parking restrictions but the no fly zone has been lifted.
There are/were no restrictions in Anglesey.
Should have added that as their Anglesey home is close to RAF Valley, there will be permanent flying restrictions in the area

Old 08-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
It may be the creepiest but I'm sad to say not the tackiest. I've seen far worse "royal birth memorabilia".

Forbes has an article up for those who are into collecting this sort of thing about whether or not it will go up in value.

Should You Buy Royal Baby Memorabilia? - Forbes
Old 08-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Okay, that might be the creepiest thing I've seen. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen today.
Not so fast...here is something that will OUTCREEP all of us!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 PM
Serene Highness

Well thats an interesting sculpture. A little odd. Dont know what else to say, artistic? You have to admit its different. : •
Old 08-08-2013, 10:48 PM
Heir Apparent

It's ugly, frightfully UGLY.