The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Enough already! Next the DM will be reporting at how angels sang at the birth.....
Are you implying that they didn't?

I'm sure, though, that the Heavens parted and a light shone down to crown the royal head as it was crowning.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Oh for heavens sake.

I couldn't care less if she had a natural birth or demanded every painkiller in the cabinet - it is no-one's business but Kate's.

Giving birth is not a competition as to who can do it 'better'. All that matters is that mum and baby both made it safely through the process.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

Queen fights to let baby George rule the Commonwealth: Campaign launched to change the rules to allow Charles, William and new prince to take role when King | Mail Online

MOS Diary: Three cheers from Uncle Harry: Prince celebrates nephew's birth with friends at London pub | Mail Online

Fred, Gladys and Cabbage... now meet MC and PC: Only six days old but Prince George has already been given his royal nickname | Mail Online

A "wetting"? I've never heard of that.

Harry in a royal wetting
Prince's bash for baby nephew George
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ad-george.html

Royal baby: Kate Middleton is breast-feeding Prince George - and he is not having a dummy
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...eeding-2097779

Royal baby: Wills vows to take Prince George to Diana’s grave
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...s-take-2097635

Royal baby family portrait delayed as Prince Philip is too ill to pose for picture with William, Kate and George
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royal-b...elayed-2097790
Old 07-27-2013, 11:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I don't know why some people choose to conveniently forgot that in both Charles and William birth announcement, only the time and the doctors signatures were writing out, everything else was typed
I said the same thing earlier today miche. Some just don't want to concede the point. This is the way Royal Birth Announcements in the UK are done, either deal w/it or let it go but for this to still be bickered over...Good Grief and Give it a rest already!!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

12 hours is the average first labor. up to 8 lbs 8 oz is within normal variation too.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Courtier

silly rabbit! Kate is the new Diana, of course! whatever she does, says or wears no matter how mundane is to be praised and revered as the epitome of all that is good and true in world
Old 07-28-2013, 12:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Enough already! Next the DM will be reporting at how angels sang at the birth.....
Whaaaat? Were you there Baroness? What did you sing?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Serene Highness

One thing I haven't seen or heard...I clearly remember seeing a Paddington Bear being taken into the Lindo Wing for William and Harry both and IIRC, it was a gift from the Nurses of The Lindo Wing and it was a gift all babies born at the Unit were given. So...Did little Prince George get one? I hope so, as I think it's a sweet way of marking the fact the little one was born in Paddington.

And before I forget *again*...Someone posted they were watching Doctor Who DVD's while waiting for news Monday and that it didn't get more British than that. Well, I'll see your Doctor Who and raise you w/the four movies on one DVD of Basil Rathbone as the great Sherlock Holmes. How's that for Britishness!?!

Or maybe we'll just call it a draw. :)
Old 07-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Nobility

To be honest, I hope future Royal babies are born in a completely private setting, and that all these frightfully intimate details mentioned further above will not be speculated upon. Otherwise we really will not have progressed beyond the days of the Warming Pan allegations and the consequent audience, much, will we!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 AM
Courtier

The Cambridges next one should not have all the brouhaha, though if it is a girl the media will be frenzied after words. this is the last important birth for the foreseeable future for the Windsors. for that matter other than Victoria&the Luxembourg couple I can't see another baby for any of the major royals for several years.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Majesty

They used to be born in private and then first Anne and then Diana etc insisted on going to hospitals and making it a public spectacle.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Serene Highness

Ah, so there is a George in the Middleton family (and a pretty impressive George, too). See the Daily Mail genealogy beneath the silly story about nicknames, above. It checks out.

I am glad they are using and improving existing hospitals (although they could have done an Angelina Jolie and gone and been the only Westerners giving birth at a newly-built-just-for-them clinic which they will then donate to the poor country after the birth...thing).

It's very difficult to provide MRI's and other top notch services in a private setting. Kate is entitled to first rate medical care.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:17 AM
Majesty

George to meet Philip at Balmoral

Prince Philip set to welcome new arrival at Balmoral: Kate and William to introduce baby George to his great-grandfather at Scottish estate | Mail Online
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
A "wetting"? I've never heard of that.
Wetting is usually where male members of the family go down the pub after the birth of a baby and drink to "wet" the babies head. I suppose it derives from the christening aspect when water is poured over the babies head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really confused about where articles should be going? We're getting like 4 links to the same article every 3 or 4 pages, and then they appear in other threads as well. MODS help?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:17 AM
Courtier

I think going to hospital was a great move things can go wrong no matter how well prepared a Palace can be. Being at a hospital offers better safety and ease of mind to a new mother. Anne, Diana, Sarah, Sophie (who thank goodness gave birth in a hospital) had the right idea. We will get them again with Kate's next birth although not as much fuss. I do think the DM article was over the top. LOL Seriously no other couple has delivered a baby calmly?
Old 07-28-2013, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

With all this insanity, I would OP for having the baby in a private setting. There is no reason to make a barely day old new born have to endure the screams and shouts of randoms. Just have everyone show up to a palace deliver the baby and a week later give a brief display of said newborn, then the christening and then we don't see him again until he's 5 and going to school.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-28-2013, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
The Cambridges next one should not have all the brouhaha, though if it is a girl the media will be frenzied after words. this is the last important birth for the foreseeable future for the Windsors. for that matter other than Victoria&the Luxembourg couple I can't see another baby for any of the major royals for several years.
I think the media will continue to focus attention on William and Harry's future children. Harry's birth was a major story even though he was the second child. Both William and Harry are major international celebrities and they will draw headlines no matter what they do.

The stories about the baby will start dying down until the Christening. George and any brothers and/or sisters will face the same media scrutiny as his father did, unfortunately.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 4h
#royal #William & Kate presented with this scroll by staff at St Mary's Hospital as they left with Prince #George pic.twitter.com/3CaxJZUMUO

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-28-2013, 09:18 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

I think the media will continue to focus attention on William and Harry's future children. Harry's birth was a major story even though he was the second child. Both William and Harry are major international celebrities and they will draw headlines no matter what they do.

The stories about the baby will start dying down until the Christening. George and any brothers and/or sisters will face the same media scrutiny as his father did, unfortunately.
The journalists and photographers camped outside the hospital will take a much needed shower and vacation. The TV will switch to other topics like climate change! The cycle continues...
Old 07-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Majesty

I think all the coverage over this birth was expected and I'm glad I was here to actually witnessed it all. I think it was beautiful to see Prince George welcomed into this world with love, salutes and I think it was fitting for a future King.

Dr. Maya Angelou