The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
It isn't "members of parliament" which refers to elected members of the House of Commons. This is specifically from Members of the House of Lords, hence the message is

"....May it please Your Royal Highnesses to accept the loyal congratulations of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal in Parliament "
They sent congratulations on behalf of dead people? Creepy.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know the names of the doctors who delivered the baby?

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
They sent congratulations on behalf of dead people? Creepy.
Erm nope, Lords Spiritual are those who hold office in the HOL by virtue of their ecclesiastical offices. Bishops, Archbishops, abbots, priors etc. Lords Temporal are those aligned with a political party.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme View Post
Lords Spiritual consist of the Archbishops of Canterbury and York and twenty-four Bishops (by rotation but, always including the Bishops of London, Durham, and Winchester).
Thanks. I was worried it would give little George nightmares.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Do we know the names of the doctors who delivered the baby?
Dr Marcus Setchell delivered baby George.

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Thanks. I was worried it would give little George nightmares.
Nightmares? Not sure how when he can't read yet.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What does it matter what colour dress catherine wore when she left the hospital and why does the colour of her dress have to have anything to do with the gender of her child? When she was pregnant every time she wore a pink dress posters were claiming she was signaling the gender of the baby, same when she wore blue. Oddly enough those same posters never said anything when she wore red, black, green or polka dots. Maybe she just wore a blue dress to leave the hospital because she liked the colour and it fit well.
Well, the coordinated baby blue outfits worn by both William and Kate when they left the hospital makes me think that there was some thought that went into both of their outfits (exactly how much thought, I don't know, and we're not likely to find out). Doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things, but maybe it was a nice touch for them.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:43 PM
Nobility

When my oldest some was born, we did not know the sex, and did not want to know. We thought he was going to be a girls and were quite shocked he was a boy. When my second son was born, it was a different story. We had a two and a half year old at home, and wanted to know if we should unpack, or go shopping. I think this is common with many first time parents. We did have to go home and get other clothes because the oldest was 8 lbs, 3 oz, and the second was 10 lbs, 13 oz, and two weeks early. We still had to go shopping because the size of our second child did not align with the sizes his older brother was in at the same season. I don't regret not knowing the sex of the first, or knowing the sex of the second. They may do the same.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

Some of us love and honor our dead, and think of them as the furthest thing from creepy.

There are some interesting studies about women who tend to have boys, and women who tend to have girls (and women who really tend to hit the 50/50 mark). There may be physical reasons why some people have two or more boys in a row. We'll have to wait and see, next time, what happens. (Kate's mom would be the best predictor: we should be guessing 50/50 each birth).
Old 07-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Erm nope, Lords Spiritual are those who hold office in the HOL by virtue of their ecclesiastical offices. Bishops, Archbishops, abbots, priors etc. Lords Temporal are those aligned with a political party.

Lords Temporal don't have to be aligned to a political party - they can be independent of any party. They simply have to have a seat in the House of Lords - so all Life Peers are there regardless of being aligned to a political party.

Prior to 1999 for instance Charles, Philip and Andrew were counted amongst the Lords Temporal because they were members of the House of Lords.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am so happy everything goes well on her dereveling,tha little Prince looks adorable the whole family looks cute
Old 07-27-2013, 06:38 PM
Gentry

It seems a complex set of rules but I am sure the young members of the Royal establishment don't care much. Is there a link or thread that explains all this? Cheers
Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
How do you know she didn't have a pink dress there as well as the blue?
I don't - for all I know she brought a whole wardrobe with her and thought she was having quadruplets. I just think they probably knew the sex and didn't want to tell the media. I think so much was politically tied to this baby they had to find out what it was. But then again I thought it was a girl and that's why they changed the whole "first boy boy becomes king" thing so quickly.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
Some of us love and honor our dead, and think of them as the furthest thing from creepy.

There are some interesting studies about women who tend to have boys, and women who tend to have girls (and women who really tend to hit the 50/50 mark). There may be physical reasons why some people have two or more boys in a row. We'll have to wait and see, next time, what happens. (Kate's mom would be the best predictor: we should be guessing 50/50 each birth).

And then there are doctors who say it all depends on the timing of the intercourse:

Google Übersetzer

In German:
Zeugungszeitpunkt : Ob Mädchen oder Junge lässt sich doch beeinflussen - Nachrichten Wissenschaft - DIE WELT

Boy or girl ... how to increase the probability by 25 %.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't - for all I know she brought a whole wardrobe with her and thought she was having quadruplets. I just think they probably knew the sex and didn't want to tell the media. I think so much was politically tied to this baby they had to find out what it was. But then again I thought it was a girl and that's why they changed the whole "first boy boy becomes king" thing so quickly.

The announcement that the change was going to take place happened in October 2011 - over a year before they announced they were expecting.

The law hasn't changed yet anyway - as there are 16 realms that have to change their own laws and most haven't done so so it hasn't changed in the UK.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
And then there are doctors who say it all depends on the timing of the intercourse:

Google Übersetzer

In German:
Zeugungszeitpunkt : Ob Mädchen oder Junge lässt sich doch beeinflussen - Nachrichten Wissenschaft - DIE WELT

Boy or girl ... how to increase the probability by 25 %.
I don't think any doctor who is familiar with the current literature would say it is all dependent on timing of intercourse. Other variables include the father's genetics (and sperm production/survival rates per sex chromosome), and the woman's eating habits and hormones also seem to play a role (it was hormones I was speaking of earlier):

Testosterone

Certainly, since X-bearing sperm swim faster, the timing nearer to the release of the egg becomes key (but that's just one variable).

Also fairly long term data on vaginal Ph:

pH Balance » The Gender Selection Source

Seriously doubt William and Kate used any of these techniques, but who knows. There are more than that, actually.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Gentry

11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for
Duchess of Cambridge gave birth without recourse to powerful painkillers
Her calm demeanour is said to have moved the seven-strong medical team

Read more: 11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 07-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for
Duchess of Cambridge gave birth without recourse to powerful painkillers
Her calm demeanour is said to have moved the seven-strong medical team

Read more: 11 hours' labour and all natural! How serene Kate sailed through a textbook delivery as she goes through the perfect birth she was hoping for | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
If it carries on like this, the backlash will be ferocious.

I wish they would leave well alone, but its the DM and they won't.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 PM
Gentry

Men sperm can be centrifuged to harvest the lighter xy cells to maximize boys conception. Quite easy in most clinics. As for the hard labor, they said the baby was slightly overweight, so, normal to take a bit longer to allow the large baby through the tight vaginal passage. Best wishes to mum and baby.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Enough already! Next the DM will be reporting at how angels sang at the birth.....
Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Ignore the nonsense.