The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Serene Highness

And he probably had a pink shirt packed too. New parents are prone to that kind of thing.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I know they said they didn't ask the sex of the baby but my guess is they knew it was going to be a boy and just didn't want to tell the media. So I don't think they'd picked out any girl names and she didn't have a pink dress at the hospital to wear out to meet the media. I also think they'd had the names picked out earlier but just didn't release them to the media until a few days after the birth.
its just obvious to me that they knew the gender before the birth and they just didnt want to tell us--that its their privacy and i can understand although i wish they could just be honest about it, saying "we dont want to reveal the gender", instead of telling ppl that they dont know.

that jenny packham dress Kate wore is a bespoke version so i assume the couple knew the gender already as i think that dress was made before the birth. also, the only handwritten part in the birth announcement is the birth time--that says a lot i guess.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Majesty

Ms Packham could have made two dresses - one blue and one pink.

The birth notice could easily have been typed up months ago - with boy and girl versions.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:08 AM
Courtier

I bet they new the sex of the child prior to his birth. I bet they also knew what names they would be using!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post

that jenny packham dress Kate wore is a bespoke version so i assume the couple knew the gender already as i think that dress was made before the birth. also, the only handwritten part in the birth announcement is the birth time--that says a lot i guess.
it's a possibility. normally, (if you choose not to know the gender before) you'd know the gender and the time the baby is born when born. hence, the fact that son is typed and the time is handwritten means that someone has printed the paper before the baby was born, possibly.

yet, the most credible would be to think they had the two versions ready to print and sent the correct one to hospital when william called the queen to tell her if it's a boy or a girl, and the dr completed the form with the hour of birth.

concerning the dress, depending on the relationship that kate has with jenny packam, she may have just told her she wanted a blue dress or two dresses, one in blue and one in pink. we will have to keep our eyes open for a similar summery pink dress on kate in the months to come! :)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by christythedreamer View Post
also, the only handwritten part in the birth announcement is the birth time--that says a lot i guess.
I think all it says is that printing out two announcements (one for each sex) is easier than printing out 2,880 announcements (one for each sex at each minute of the day).
Old 07-27-2013, 05:29 AM
Courtier

There was a four hour gap between everyone being told officially someone could have easy printed out the boy sign there was plenty of time. Or they just had one for a girl or a boy ready to go. I think they knew didn't Prince Harry and Eugenie both say it was going to be a boy? Diana knew Harry was a boy and didn't tell anyone she saw it on the sonagram. Catherine and William may off wanted that as their own little secret since they have to share everything else with the public I think it's understandable.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:47 AM
Courtier

NEW BOOKS - WILLIAM, CATHERINE AND GEORGE - AUGUST 2013

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-New-Roya...ref=pd_sim_b_1

The New Royal Family - Prince George, William and Kate, The Next Generation: Amazon.co.uk: Robert Jobson and Arthur Edwards: Books

Kate & Diana: Amazon.co.uk: Trinity Mirror Media: Books
Old 07-27-2013, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Prince Charles said publicly, that it was a complete shock to the couple when they were told the sex of their baby.

Maybe, they were expecting a girl!

Royal baby news: Kate Middleton and Prince William DIDN'T know sex of baby before it was born - Mirror Online

I thought it was a girl, as did so many others.

http://www.royalty.nu/news.html
Old 07-27-2013, 07:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I bet they new the sex of the child prior to his birth. I bet they also knew what names they would be using!
Some parents do not want to know the sex of their babies before birth. I was one of them, for both my children. My father (who is a doctor and was with us at each exam, ultrasound etc.), might have known, but we asked him to never tell us. We would have been happy with either sex, no pressure. And with the Queen changing the succession rules, I think that the Cambridges were not pressured into producing a son, so less need to know the sex of the baby in vitro.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Majesty

The Queen didn't change the succession rules. The UK government has passed the legislation but the laws haven't changed yet - and who knows how long it will take before the other realms even bother to do anything about it now.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Nobility

" In the UK, the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 received royal assent on 25 April 2013, having been passed by both Houses of Parliament"
Succession to the British throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 07-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

I just don't see any reason to call them liars about it...if they say they didn't know then they didn't know. There are people who don't want to know ahead of time.

LaRae
Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I just don't see any reason to call them liars about it...if they say they didn't know then they didn't know. There are people who don't want to know ahead of time.
My thoughts exactly. Thank you!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
" In the UK, the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 received royal assent on 25 April 2013, having been passed by both Houses of Parliament"
Succession to the British throne - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This law has to pass in ALL 16 realms in order to be in force in any of them and it hasn't past in the other realms.

Canada itself has an challenge from a number of sources to the way it was past there.

Australia hasn't bothered yet.

Until it has been past by the various parliaments according to their different constitutions is doesn't take effect in any of them.

In fact there are fears that it will never come into effect now Protesters may sabotage law for equal royal rights | Royal | News | Daily Express as it is proving rather harder than first thought.

The law is NOT in effect yet and may not be for years, if at all, but if it does get the royal assent in ALL realms it will be backdated to October 2011 - but until it is passed it doesn't apply anywhere.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Because this is the age of conspiracy theories and some people just can't believe what they've told about something might actually be the truth. That's just too simple a thing to do these days after all. Such as Kate's worn the colour blue more often than any other colour, but that it appears to be both her favourite and best looking colour means nothing, because since she wore blue Tuesday *obviously* means they knew they were having a boy and "lied to us".

Give it a rest.

As for the announcement, if those on the "See...The way "son" is printed instead of written is proof...etc" bother to go to Google and look up William's that it was exactly the same!! Different Mothers obviously, but other than that, the word "son" is, in this case, typed.

So once again...Give it a rest!!
Old 07-27-2013, 09:05 AM
Courtier

It's also possible that, after they stated they didn't know the sex, they changed their minds and asked the doctor. I see no reason not to take them at their word.

Even if they really knew all along, I can understand why they wouldn't want to share it with the world. George's birth is an important event to Britain, but it is monumental to the couple and their family and friends.

Obviously, we are all interested in the family, but we don't need to know everything.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see how this is a big deal. If they didn't know until he popped out good for them for having a surprise. If they did know and kept it a secret for months good for them and they have a pack of relations around them who will keep the secret.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Date of baptism has been declared?
Old 07-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Courtier

When William was born only the time of delivery was writing https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...97523953_n.jpg

when Kate went to the hospital early on Monday, reporters were saying that sources told that she took two dresses, one blue and one pink