The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
I think it different in The U.K then in the U.S in how newborns are buckled, It doesn't really bother me that much. every country different.
Yes, apparently, in the article I linked above, the UK does not use the 5 point harness which includes a chest clip like we do in the States. Funny, I thought that that would be the norm worldwide. Live and learn.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by figtreecrossing View Post
Now there's a "co-incidence"
Well spotted!
There's a lively discussion on the issue going on over on the Baby Naming and Godparents thread.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

also I haven't seen Prince William tigh the Seat bealt around the BABY Seat...and Also Kate didn't do that Either.....
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
also I haven't seen Prince William tigh the Seat bealt around the BABY Seat...and Also Kate didn't do that Either.....
That wasn't necessary because William clicked the seat into a base which was already installed via the LATCH system (anchors in the crevices of the seat) into the car.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Majesty

Royal Baby range from Royal Collection Trust:
Exclusive range to celebrate the arrival of HRH Prince George of Cambridge-
Royal Baby Royal Collection Trust Shop

Pictures:
Souvenirs to celebrate the birth of baby Cambridge-
http://www.newmyroyals.com/2013/07/s...h-of-baby.html

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
I cut them slack in all areas but the safety of their chld, that's just my viewpoint. I hope Catherine did adjust the straps. When we left the hospital with our daughter, the nurses were duty bound to check for the proper positioning of the infant in the car seat.

Wow, I just googled it and found the following article:

Royal Baby and Car Seat Safety: Advice for Prince William - iVillage

I'm just glad that they get to spend time in rural Bucklebury and that the police have established a zone of protection from the street so the media can't camp out there. I wish them every happiness with their new little prince.

Even the authors of the article you posted cut them some slack.

"Hey, guys, we didn't know what we were doing during the first few weeks with baby, either -- we were just lucky enough not to have an international spotlight on us. Here's to learning as you go along!"
Old 07-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 13m
Asked what George was like, Harry held up his hands and said: "Well he's about that long and about that wide."

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 58m
Prince Harry told me tonight that he had enjoyed a cuddle with his nephew #royalbaby

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 34m
Harry: When I saw him he was crying, which is just like all babies' It's fantastic to have another addition to the family. '

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 13m
Asked what George was like, Harry held up his hands and said: "Well he's about that long and about that wide."
My mind went to a dirty place far too quickly there...
Old 07-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Video:
Uncle Harry to make sure Prince George 'has fun'-
Uncle Harry to make sure Prince George 'has fun' - ITV News

Listen to Prince harry talk about his little nephew.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Courtier

So that is why there is only three names

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharron-ann View Post
I don't know if any one already mentioned it, but it is interesting that prince Williams cousins on princess Diana's side names are also George, Alexander and Louis
So that is why there were only three names.

I am impressed with William coming up with these names. (And to those that caught it.) I believe Ish was 1st on this forum.

He honored both sides of his family without actually saying what side he was actually honoring.

Very clever of William, I wonder if the RF caught this before approving the name?

He may well have decided to honor his mother by honoring her family by using their names while at the same time making it seem he was using RF names.

At first, I thought the media was doing an overkill comparing the dresses but with the names, I think both the names and the dresses were for Diana.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
My mind went to a dirty place far too quickly there...
Oh, Ish. You are too funny.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Video:
Uncle Harry to make sure Prince George 'has fun'-
Uncle Harry to make sure Prince George 'has fun' - ITV News

Listen to Prince harry talk about his little nephew.
I love Harry's remark about people having kids. When asked if his brother is cut out for fatherhood he responded that his and that people who aren't cut out for parenthood should not be having kids.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Majesty

JB ‏@Royal_beans 29m
"The City of Prince George will proclaim July 22 each year as Prince George of Cambridge day in honour of our future King's birthday"

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Queen Camilla. Especially about the dress.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
JB ‏@Royal_beans 29m
"The City of Prince George will proclaim July 22 each year as Prince George of Cambridge day in honour of our future King's birthday"
By City of Prince George do you mean Prince George, BC?

If so, the city has also spoken about the desire for a possible royal visit in 2015, when they're hosting the Canada Winter Games.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/prince-geor...211320522.html
Old 07-25-2013, 04:10 PM
Courtier

Daily Mail article with Harry's comments about meeting his nephew. 'I hope my brother knows how expensive my babysitting charges are': Harry jokes about looking after his new nephew as he speaks of meeting him for the first time | Mail Online
Old 07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
So that is why there were only three names.

I am impressed with William coming up with these names. (And to those that caught it.) I believe Ish was 1st on this forum.

He honored both sides of his family without actually saying what side he was actually honoring.

Very clever of William, I wonder if the RF caught this before approving the name?

He may well have decided to honor his mother by honoring her family by using their names while at the same time making it seem he was using RF names.

At first, I thought the media was doing an overkill comparing the dresses but with the names, I think both the names and the dresses were for Diana.
The Queen herself also has "only" three names - there's no rule on the number of names (the Duke of Windsor had seven, I believe), the men have just tended to have 4 more recently.

As for the names themselves - I doubt anyone in the family would be opposed to the fact that the child has names that are used on both sides of the family.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
By City of Prince George do you mean Prince George, BC?

If so, the city has also spoken about the desire for a possible royal visit in 2015, when they're hosting the Canada Winter Games.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
Yes, in Canada.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Stephen Harper ‏@pmharper 6h
Very happy to announce Canada’s official gifts to the #RoyalBaby: PM announces charitable donation to mark the birth of His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge - Prime Minister of Canada

Wonderful gifts from Canada.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-25-2013, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Can't wait for those official portraits to be released.

Dr. Maya Angelou