The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I do love twitter. How on Earth would the world have coped during this time without Twitter? I wonder how long they will spend at Bucklebury, though I know that a lot of daughter's want to be near their mum after the birth of their children.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...semblance.html

They are already trying to establish who a 2 day old baby looks like...

Old 07-24-2013, 09:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Don't know if this has been posted: The Royal baby arrives, the 360 image as Kate, William and the Royal baby leave the hospital - Lewis Whyld

A 360 degree panoramic picture of K&W going to face the press. (Use you mouse to turn the picture).
Good Lord! No wonder they seemed a little overwhelmed and emotional when they came out.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I know everyone is waiting for the Prince's name to be released and many members of the media are sticking around to report on it but I do think the media should back off now.

I haven't seen the entrance to Kensington Palace in years. Diana used to be pictured driving or being driven from that entrance a lot, so I hope the media don't get into the habit of staking out there. Maybe for only official occasions but that should be it, IMO.
I agree. The problem isn't just the media anymore, there are so many people with cell phone cameras. The media wouldn't do it if people didn't buy papers or click on the links. I hate to think of them stuck inside the house with the curtains closed.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Nobility

About pictures:

Tweet
@RoyalReporter 4h
@spark_annie The palace plans a small, pooled photocall in about two weeks' time so we should see more of the little prince then.

Queen Mathilde
Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

^I'm glad we're getting a photocall in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Don't know if this has been posted: The Royal baby arrives, the 360 image as Kate, William and the Royal baby leave the hospital - Lewis Whyld

A 360 degree panoramic picture of K&W going to face the press. (Use your mouse to turn the picture).
Wow!

Here's some photos of the Queen and the Cambridges leaving Kensington.

Royal baby: Kate Middleton, Prince William and son leave Kensington Palace for Bucklebury | Mail Online
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 14m
Good question “@Bostonova: @RegalEyes When is the last time we've had a picture of 4 generations of monarchs?"

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 7m
@Bostonova @RegalEyes Queen Victoria, Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII after the latter's christening in 1894.

Said picture - http://www.avictorian.com/victoria/v...ard%20VIII.jpg
Old 07-24-2013, 10:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now when everything is all right, sometimes it is interesting to look back at the previous stages of Kate's pregnancy, at all these videos, speculations and other stuff, it has been longest of the threads .
Old 07-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
We don't do (here at least) vaccines that soon after birth. Some wait even longer than the traditional schedule as well.
My son received his post-birth vaccinations in the hospital, then at his first pediatrician appointment, he got one more, so MMV on vaccines in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I can't imagine Kate is keen to drive too far this soon after giving birth.
I think she's probably better off than people are assuming here. For some women, rest is all they want or need post-partum, but for many, after the initial discomfort, they're fine to move around. If you can get off of your feet, it's better for your long-term recovery, too. And cabin fever can set in quickly.

I didn't have a regular housekeeper or servants or anything, but I did have people who were around if I needed to take a shower or heat up a casserole dish, and one of my friends got me a 4 week cleaning service as a baby shower gift. Because of that, I didn't feel encumbered by just having given birth. Catherine is able to concentrate on her child exclusively simply because she has extra help, which is good for her and for the baby.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

I've just been skimming the DM articles. The link Titles are HORRIBLE (re: slapping on makeup, telling Carole she must shut up, etc. paraphrasing) while the actual articles are less harsh. It makes me think Editorial at the DM is ready to make ugly money, while their writers are still pretty much still on honeymoon with the baby!

Here are lovely photos of leaving KP: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ucklebury.html
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

I was just looking at the videos of the family leaving the hospital.

Looks like Prince X has the "royal wave" down already

The unfortunate thing is after just one day on this earth he'll never know true privacy ever again. Thank God he is completely unaware of that now.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme View Post
The Royal Family Order is a given now if Catherine doesn't already have it and I think it won't be too long before an appointment to the RVO.

I was just wondering about this today. When did Diana receive hers?

Before anyone thinks I didn't bother to find the answer to my question online I did try but haven't been able to.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Royal Family Order is a given now if Catherine doesn't already have it and I think it won't be too long before an appointment to the RVO.
It doesn't work like that. Diana received the RFO before William's birth and never received the RVO, even after "producing" the heir and the spare.
The orders are given at the discretion of the Queen, after her very own values scales.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
I was just wondering about this today. When did Diana receive hers?

Before anyone thinks I didn't bother to find the answer to my question online I did try but haven't been able to.
Wikipedia says that Diana did, but I agree they are not the best source. ETA: Sorry. I misread the question. I thought it was whether Diana received one. I knew she had, but Sarah Ferguson hadn't. I'll see if I have the date somewhere.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Yes, the late Princess of Wales was a member of the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II but she wasn't given the Royal Victorian Order.

If Catherine haven't been given the Royal Family Order of Queen Elizabeth II already, she will probably be getting it soon. It's one of the first Order's The Queen give senior female members of the royal family. It's just not announced and we will have to wait until Catherine attends an official event where the Order is worn to know she has received it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Serene Highness

The fashion models never appear in public at 24 hours after giving birth, and then, their first portraits are always still portraits on magazine covers. Same with movie stars (this is why Angelina Jolie is so secretive/goes to a faraway place to give birth).

Give Kate another week and she'll be looking much more her familiar self; give her six weeks and she'll be a size 4. She looks to have not gained much/any weight for the pregnancy (maybe 2-3 pounds, and it looks good on her).
Old 07-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
My point exactly. Awarded on an individual basis and by the Queen's own discretion. That's why some never receive it and others do.
Watch this space. I guarantee an appointment.

Catherine has done a fantastic job, giving birth is truly amazing but The Queen doesn't hand out the RVO willynilly. Family order perhaps but not the RVO you only have to look at when her own children got the order to see how much she values people earning it.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Majesty

Yes, it usually take a while before The Queen awards members of her family with the Royal Victorian Order but, you never know, she may give it to Catherine a bit earlier than most. Catherine is pretty much the only senior female member of the royal family that's up for the Order. Everyone else has already received it.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
My point exactly. Awarded on an individual basis and by the Queen's own discretion. That's why some never receive it and others do.
Watch this space. I guarantee an appointment.
Oh i see !
The RVO is highly doubtful , Catherine is still a newbie after all. RFO why not, but we have to wait and see a state event requiring the duchess of Cambridge in full regalia and it will not happen anytime soon ...
Old 07-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know if the trip from KP to Bucklebury included enough time for them to have stopped and seen Philip at Windsor?