The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that Georgie is a very cute name for a little boy - George is a little too intimidating for one so young.

I predict a serious uptick in the name George was well as Georgia/Georgina/Georgiana for little girls. I like the name Georgia, I think it's pretty.

I still think they should have named the widdle tyke Peregrine.

Having the name George certainly hasn't hurt Mr. Clooney!

I've just been calling him Baby George. It sounds so cute! Did anyone else read the Curious George books growing up? I mean the original ones. Not the cartoons they have now days. Let's hope Prince George doesn't get into as many scrapes as Curious George.

Been away on and holiday and just read through all the threads. :whistling:Anyways I hear official photographs are released next week. :flowers:

Thanks royalistbert, I cannot wait to see the first official photos of that little cutie!

I was enjoying the moment they stepped out of the Lindo Wing and stood on the steps, but when the cameras pulled back and showed them I felt very emotional all of a sudden. Seeing them isolated in the center and all the people a distance away, they looked so "set apart" I am not going to do well explaining the feeling, but it got to me for sure.

Speaking of the naming... The Cambridges deny naming the baby after specific past royals or kings. Indeed. Interestingly enough, William has 12 first cousins on the Spencer side. Three of which are named George, Alexander and Louis! George McCorquodale born in 1984 to his Aunt Elizabeth, Alexander Fellows born in 1983 to his Aunt Cynthia, and Louis Spencer born in 1994 to his Uncle Charles, 9th Earl of Spencer.

Saw on the national news tonight that Prince Charles said they are calling the new baby, 'Georgie'....very sweet.

LaRae

I was enjoying the moment they stepped out of the Lindo Wing and stood on the steps, but when the cameras pulled back and showed them I felt very emotional all of a sudden. Seeing them isolated in the center and all the people a distance away, they looked so "set apart" I am not going to do well explaining the feeling, but it got to me for sure.

Speaking of the naming... The Cambridges deny naming the baby after specific past royals or kings. Indeed. Interestingly enough, William has 12 first cousins on the Spencer side. Three of which are named George, Alexander and Louis! George McCorquodale born in 1984 to his Aunt Elizabeth, Alexander Fellows born in 1983 to his Aunt Cynthia, and Louis Spencer born in 1994 to his Uncle Charles, 9th Earl of Spencer.

both of Diana's sisters go more commonly by their middle names
Elizabeth 'Sarah' McCorquodale
Cynthia 'Jane" Fellowes

Georgie porgie pudding pie kissed a girl and made her cry.....long time since I've heard that nursery rhyme!

LaRae

LOL and how old does that make us!

LaRae

I've hated that rhyme since I was a child

It's cruel to taunt children with nursery rhymes (and that one dates back to about 1866, as George Bernard Shaw says he heard it as a child).

That particular one makes fun of the child's lack of masculinity as regarding his ability to play with other boys.

:previous: It's too long to bother to post, but here's a link to the history behind the rhyme "Georgie Porgie". Georgie Porgie rhyme

The DM had an article up about the nickname of the baby - they said it was PC for prince cambridge. I'd take that with a pretty big grain of salt, though. They also said Kate's was MC for mother cambridge

That's an interesting history, but has no sources. The first written account of the rhyme appears to be later than the early 17th century.

Since this baby has been named I've only just realized how prevalent the name George is in our language, our literature, rhymes, pop cultures, etc, etc.

The Georgie Porgie poem ran through my head today, as did the Curious George books (read my kids the originals). I recall a "Gorgeous George"

I thought of Boy George :eek:

George Washington :clap:

St. George :britflag2:

All the King Georges :king3::king3::king3::king3::king3::king3:

the George Bushes :ermm:

The late JFK Jr's magazine...George. :graduate:

Then there's the state in which I reside....:p

George, George, George of the Jungle. :w00t:

There's an Urban Dictionary entry for "George" :devil:

By George, I think she's got it....;)

George goes rather well with Giraffe .... George Giraffe! :clap:
Say goodnight, Gracie....:whistling:

Saw on the national news tonight that Prince Charles said they are calling the new baby, 'Georgie'....very sweet.

LaRae

I think it's perfect for him...he looks like a Georgie! :p

samitude, yes I read the Curious George series too as a small child and I loved it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom