The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post

Its actually refreshing to see Kate with Kate presenting a true reflection of the birth process.....sadly due to the media stories of celebrities giving birth and snapping back to size 8 within minutes of actual delivery is deceptive and wrong.
She looked like a beautiful glowing post partum woman completely normal.

Its good that millions of young women will see this piece of footage and maybe not beat themselves up over not looking whippet thin the minute the baby leaves her belly.

I really respect Kate for that.

This is a good point.

Celebrities tend not to appear in public so soon after the birth, giving things a chance to go back to "normal" before they debut the post-baby body. Catherine, being a royal and not a celebrity, didn't have that opportunity and looked amazing regardless, in my opinion.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Serene Highness

I thought she did fabulous today, heck 18hours after I had my first child and I could hardly walk, talk or balance my emotions, I was one of the millions today who watched a door for most of the day and the crowds were intimidating to me and I didn't just give birth to the world's most infamous baby. I thought Kate and William handled themselves like pro's for goodness sakes she just pushed out a human and we're critiquing her speaking, I'm surprised she knew what day it was, let alone acted like a lady, so I say Well Done Kate!!!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
Aristocracy

This whole appearance reminds me of the day he set off to St. Andrews... Though it was modern and very interactive... it was definitely all with a deeper purpose. We all got a good look. Good Pictures. Got to hear their own reactions to some of our questions... now is the blackout like when he went to college... they wanted to give us something great, so we would stay back and let them have their privacy.

So I hope the world will be able to respect that. We can look forward to finding out Baby Cambridge's names, release of official photos, and the Christening in a few months:) Its gonna be a great holiday season!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 PM
Nobility

I love to see how much William obviously cherishes and protects Catherine, standing close, supporting her with a hand or arm; they are one of the most sincerely loving couples I've seen.
On another note, I wonder whether Catherine will have her hair cut, if tiny fingers are going to be entangled in it and pull strands out (I speak from experience!)
Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Nobility

her hair is kind of her signature .she can just pull it back.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Its not cruel, its realistic. Diana will of course only ever be a name to him, and a picture. He will never meet her, never have her hold him, never have him tell him stories. He will never have that bond. Yes, he will grow up on stories of her, but she will still be the mom my dad had when he was a kid.

Camilla will be the woman there when they visit grandpa. She will be the one who spoils them, and plays with them, and likely gives them a puppy, seems she has a love for dogs. She will be the present one, whether she shares blood or not.

Kids don't care, if grandparents share blood or not. Stepgrandparents can be a true blessing, especially when the blood one has passed away. It may be harder for Camilla to have a role, if Diana was alive, but sadly she is not.
Everyone's experience is different or a little similar. My maternal grandmother died at 48 of bone cancer a decade before I was born when my mother was 10. And yes there was a photo and stories. But it was the stories that made my grandma feel like a person to me and not a just a name and a photograph. I remember seeing how my mother and her sibling's faces would light up when they talked about their late mom. And then the melancholy looks when reality would return. My mom would always tell me that it wasn't easy growing up without a mother.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoLynn View Post
This whole appearance reminds me of the day he set off to St. Andrews... Though it was modern and very interactive... it was definitely all with a deeper purpose. We all got a good look. Good Pictures. Got to hear their own reactions to some of our questions... now is the blackout like when he went to college... they wanted to give us something great, so we would stay back and let them have their privacy.

So I hope the world will be able to respect that. We can look forward to finding out Baby Cambridge's names, release of official photos, and the Christening in a few months:) Its gonna be a great holiday season!

Very nice!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Its not cruel, its realistic. Diana will of course only ever be a name to him, and a picture. He will never meet her, never have her hold him, never have him tell him stories. He will never have that bond. Yes, he will grow up on stories of her, but she will still be the mom my dad had when he was a kid.

Camilla will be the woman there when they visit grandpa. She will be the one who spoils them, and plays with them, and likely gives them a puppy, seems she has a love for dogs. She will be the present one, whether she shares blood or not.

Kids don't care, if grandparents share blood or not. Stepgrandparents can be a true blessing, especially when the blood one has passed away. It may be harder for Camilla to have a role, if Diana was alive, but sadly she is not.
Although you may have a point in what you say, I cannot agree with "Diana will only be a name and a picture" to him. I'm sure William's evident love for his mother will no doubt have a profound impact on the child. Diana was and will always be more than a name and a face, and one person who knows this more than anybody would be William. I'm sure as the child grows, he will learn of the kind, generous and down-to-earth nature of his late grandmother, and in his own way, grow to love her. Like it or not, Diana did touch many people's lives, whether it be personally or through her dedicated charity work, and as her grandson and future King, I'm sure he will have nothing but respect for the lady who (in my opinion) helped bring the monarchy much closer to the people.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Courtier

My baby thoughts in pictures:

The Queen looks the happiest I have ever seen her. She is smiling with her eyes.

Happy to have a great grandson or just happy he came before her vacation.

The proud great grandmother.
Queen Elizabeth II Photos - Queen's Award Reception in London - Zimbio

Baby Cambridge already upset with the paparazzi.
(They disturbed his nap!)
Prince William Photos - The Prince of Cambridge Makes His Debut
Kate Middleton and Prince William Show Off Their Baby

Prince Charles getting emotional.
Prince Charles Photos - The Prince of Cambridge Makes His Debut

Grandparenthood already too much. Didn't have time to have the suit pressed.
Prince Charles Photos - The Royal Baby's Family Gathers at St. Mary's
Old 07-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Everyone's experience is different or a little similar. My maternal grandmother died at 48 of bone cancer a decade before I was born when my mother was 10. And yes there was a photo and stories. But it was the stories that made my grandma feel like a person to me and not a just a name and a photograph. I remember seeing how my mother and her sibling's faces would light up when they talked about their late mom. And then the melancholy looks when reality would return. My mom would always tell me that it wasn't easy growing up without a mother.
Duke William and Prince Harry will share stories about their dear mother, Diana. Their children will think of the Princess as real person and have fond memories of her.

Thanks for sharing your experience sirhon.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette Valmont View Post
Although you may have a point in what you say, I cannot agree with "Diana will only be a name and a picture" to him. I'm sure William's evident love for his mother will no doubt have a profound impact on the child. Diana was and will always be more than a name and a face, and one person who knows this more than anybody would be William. I'm sure as the child grows, he will learn of the kind, generous and down-to-earth nature of his late grandmother, and in his own way, grow to love her. Like it or not, Diana did touch many people's lives, whether it be personally or through her dedicated charity work, and as her grandson and future King, I'm sure he will have nothing but respect for the lady who (in my opinion) helped bring the monarchy much closer to the people.
I don't recall saying he wouldn't grow up on stories of her? That he would not know about her work and what an amazing woman she was. I infact did say he would. But they are just that, STORIES. She will never be a physical presence, other then pictures and videos. She will never hug him, she will never tuck him in, read him a story, tell him I love you. She will never read him a story. Respecting and caring about a memory, is a very different thing then a loving grandma in your life. You may have idolized Diana, but I am sure the people who were actually a physical active personal part of your life, had more of an impact.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Duke William and Prince Harry will share stories about their dear mother, Diana. Their children will think of the Princess as real person and have fond memories of her.

Thanks for sharing your experience sirhon.
Memories are a personal experience. They may share in their father's memories, but will have none of their own of her. They will have the stories of her, and will make memories with the huge family they have.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
I don't recall saying he wouldn't grow up on stories of her? That he would not know about her work and what an amazing woman she was. I infact did say he would. But they are just that, STORIES. She will never be a physical presence, other then pictures and videos. She will never hug him, she will never tuck him in, read him a story, tell him I love you. She will never read him a story. Respecting and caring about a memory, is a very different thing then a loving grandma in your life. You may have idolized Diana, but I am sure the people who were actually a physical active personal part of your life, had more of an impact.
I'm not arguing that she won't be a physical presence, but I certainly think she will be more than just a name and a picture as you said. Of course, Camilla will be taking up the grandmother role, and as a grandmother already, I'm sure she'll do an amazing job. However, like I said previously, William's love for his mother will eventually rub off on the little Prince, and I'm sure he will grow to love the person that Diana was, the mother William knew and the grandmother that was sadly taken too early. I wouldn't say I idolized Diana, I just felt that one point you made came across as a little bit cold. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree
Old 07-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I thought she did fabulous today, heck 18hours after I had my first child and I could hardly walk, talk or balance my emotions, I was one of the millions today who watched a door for most of the day and the crowds were intimidating to me and I didn't just give birth to the world's most infamous baby. I thought Kate and William handled themselves like pro's for goodness sakes she just pushed out a human and we're critiquing her speaking, I'm surprised she knew what day it was, let alone acted like a lady, so I say Well Done Kate!!!
Yeah child birth isn't a walk in the park. Especially with a baby that big. Kate looked well rested, relaxed, and natural when she cam out.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Video:
Royal Baby: First Glimpse Of Kate's Young Prince-
Royal Baby: First Glimpse Of Kate's Young Prince

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-23-2013, 11:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Very nice!
Thank You :) I made that last night in honor of our wait lol.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:17 AM
Majesty

I think Max Foster mentioned on CNN that there will probably be another TV moment when the couple go and sin the register or something along those lines.

Video:
First glimpse of royal baby-
http://amanpour.blogs.cnn.com/2013/0...of-royal-baby/

So much love came out of William & Catherine yesterday and you can see William rubbing Catherine's back in this video. Proud husband and father.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-24-2013, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette Valmont View Post
I'm not arguing that she won't be a physical presence, but I certainly think she will be more than just a name and a picture as you said.

How can Diana be anything more than a picture, movie, name or someone else's memory? This child will have no personal knowledge of her - she simply will be a name, much loved by his father, but nothing really more - nothing physical at all.

My grandfather died when my mother was a girl - like William's mother - and no matter how much my mother and grandmother talked about him and so forth he is still a picture on the wall - no a 'real' person in the sense of someone of whom I have real memories and Diana will be the same for this baby - other people's memories aren't the same as one's own.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Majesty

The baby will know his grandmother was. The couple and family will tell him stories and the baby will see pictures of his late grandmother. Diana may not be here physically but he will know who she was. It is touching and beautiful.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-24-2013, 12:49 AM
Gentry

To me, the little fella didn't really favor one parent over the other until I saw this photo. He's looking a lot like Dad in this one.