The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Most newborns look a little odd when they are new it takes a couple of weeks before you can really tell who they look like. We should get some official pictures in a few weeks so we will get a better look at him then. I thought Kate looked great both are very happy I just hope it isn't too long before we have a name. LOL I'm glad we got to see his face and it also Prince Phillip did too. I don't see either making the trip the Queen may drop into KP before she goes on holidays and take some pictures for Prince Phillip he can see the baby later on. He sounds pretty ill but once he is up at Balmoral he can rest and spend time with The Queen and family. It's probably the best medicine for him. I'm so glad William put him in a car seat even though bub was not too happy about it.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM
Gentry

Red Heart Yarn put this up on pinterest - it's a free pattern so you can crochet your own royal family. It even has a little baby carriage. Personally I like the lego royal family the best but here's the link if someone crochets and wants to make this.
The Royal Family Crochet Pattern | Red Heart

Commoner

The official photos of William were released a month after his birth, but the BBC was speculating earlier that they doubt it'll be that long this time around just because media-wise it's a whole different world these days. I suppose we'll find out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This looks like Great Grandma's grumpy face

Baby Cambridge:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...07_474x701.jpg

G-Grandma

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.45051...00914&pid=15.1
Haha, I have to agree! Sooo cute!

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching the whole day's events unfold - The appearance of the Middletons, the visit from the Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall and of course the proud parents as they show their Royal bundle of joy to the world. I hope I live to see Baby Cambridge crowned, so I can think back, however many years it may be, to this special moment. Amazing!!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
They didn't seem to really try to hide the baby's face. It's like they realized to do so would be futile so they accepted it and moved on.
No but the DM was grinching that William was determined to do things his own way and that he didn't come out on the steps right after the baby was born and says something. I don't know what they wanted him to say.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hair flipping aside, I thought the Duchess looked blonder in front. Thanks to the Middleton pool of late?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Gentry

I want this. I don't know what I'd do with it, but I want one

Lego Royal Baby Minifig Family (includes Kate and William)

£28.99

Celebrate the arrival of a new Prince for Britain with your very own Lego Royal Baby minifig. The little tableau includes a Lego Prince William, with “long live gran sweater” and the glamorous Kate Middleton minifig holding the new Royal Prince. The Lego background isn’t included, but a base plate (not pictured) with a commemorative description will be (name, date etc…).

Lego Royal Baby Minifig Family (includes Kate and William) | MINIFIGS.ME
Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Aristocracy

I have such respect for Catherine. She grew up not a royal, and has now not only given birth to a future king of Great Britain, but she looks fabulous, handled herself beautifully and was able to hold her emotions together in front of a huge mass of media, broadcasting her every movement all of the world.
Bravo, Catherine! I know William loves you even more for it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Elizabeth View Post
The official photos of William were released a month after his birth, but the BBC was speculating earlier that they doubt it'll be that long this time around just because media-wise it's a whole different world these days. I suppose we'll find out!
The official photos were actually released 8 days after his birth (on June 29th). I'm hoping we'll get photos that quickly, but I have a feeling it might be a few weeks before photos of baby Cambridge are released.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Hair flipping aside, I thought the Duchess looked blonder in front. Thanks to the Middleton pool of late?
Probably just that she hasn't been coloring her hair
Old 07-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Nobility

During labour the baby is pushed by strong muscular contractions through a very narrow space so newborns are frequently a bit misshapen. Plus the baby's head is usually the part leading the pushing through and takes the brunt of all those hours of being pushed out. My son was breech and his little bottom was black and blue from the birth, his head and face, however, were perfect.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The baby looks healthy and beautiful. He also seems to have a strong personality already so good for him! I thought he would have more hair until I remembered that William was the same way when he was born.

Kate's hair seems thicker, longer and even more beautiful if that is possible. Maybe it's a little streaked in the front due to the summer sun, she's been out in it?

I think the polka dot dress was fine. She looked tired but happy.

I agree with the poster who felt bad for the other patients who had to listen to all that noise.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The baby looks healthy and beautiful. He also seems to have a strong personality already so good for him! I thought he would have more hair until I remembered that William was the same way when he was born.

Kate's hair seems thicker, longer and even more beautiful if that is possible. Maybe it's a little streaked in the front due to the summer sun, she's been out in it?

I think the polka dot dress was fine. She looked tired but happy.

I agree with the poster who felt bad for the other patients who had to listen to all that noise.
I think Harry was the only one born with noticeable hair - remember Charles reportedly said in disappointment "Oh, it's a boy. And he even has rusty hair".
Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Nobility

I have always wanted to believe that was a bad joke of his even though he has always wanted a little girl.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Elizabeth View Post
I think the polka dots thing is reaching, but it sure looks like the blanket they're holding the new baby in is pretty much identical to the blanket that baby William was wrapped in when he left the hospital. Does St. Mary's provide identical blankets for newborns, or did they use William's baby blanket/one just like it on purpose?
If this is indeed the case, then it's wonderful. Nothing like passing down one's own first blanket on to one's child. Something that the little guy will treasure, I'm sure. I've had a student this past year who brought her baby blanket and first stuffed bear to sleep with at nap. She loved telling us who gave her these items, and another little girl brought her first hand-made baby blanket to sleep with as well. It was gorgeous; pink with white lace on the edges. I personally hated putting it on the mat, and then watching the girl step all over it with her trainers, but all that matters to her is that it was made for her, and allowed her to feel safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
You are probably closer to the truth, but I watched her on other occasions and it's the same thing. Come out of your shell, already, Catherine.
Do give her a break. Public speaking is hard enough, and even harder when you have to do it 'unscripted'. I think she does a fine job, and with time it'll get better and more effortless.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
They were both wonderful parents for their sons. And I am certain Charles will be a great grandad for this grandchildren.

As for Diana.. She won't be any more than a name for Williams son, boy will consider Camilla as his grandmother.
What a cruel thing to say.......

Luckily you are wrong in your assumption....I am in a situation where there are Grandchildren that didnt get to meet their real Grandparent in person but are certainly very aware of their presence and importance into the input of the family. I think William and Charles for that matter will facilitate that awareness of Diana for this little boy and any other Grandchildren that follow. Camilla will probably love that little boy for being a part of the man she loves. She will not want to replace Diana but will Im sure be able to develop a love for this child based on her love for Charles.
My husband is not the father of my child but he looks forward to developing a relationship of some sort when my daughter has Grandchildren.

Most of us didnt know Diana and we have never forgotten her the people who did know her are hardly going to let the boy grow up without some knowledge of his late Grandma.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Give her time. Public speaking doesn't come naturally to everyone.
That's the part I could never do . I started to cry in my last year of school because the teacher wanted me to read my essay to the class.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The name "Diana" will be much more than just a name for that little boy and for any and all future children. William will see to that. There is a reason that he gave his bride Diana's engagement ring and insisted on living at Kensington Palace, where he lived with his mother.

Diana is still very much a part of his life.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenbeee View Post
What a cruel thing to say.......

Luckily you are wrong in your assumption....I am in a situation where there are Grandchildren that didnt get to meet their real Grandparent in person but are certainly very aware of their presence and importance into the input of the family. I think William and Charles for that matter will facilitate that awareness of Diana for this little boy and any other Grandchildren that follow. Camilla will probably love that little boy for being a part of the man she loves. She will not want to replace Diana but will Im sure be able to develop a love for this child based on her love for Charles.
My husband is not the father of my child but he looks forward to developing a relationship of some sort when my daughter has Grandchildren.

Most of us didnt know Diana and we have never forgotten her the people who did know her are hardly going to let the boy grow up without some knowledge of his late Grandma.
Its not cruel, its realistic. Diana will of course only ever be a name to him, and a picture. He will never meet her, never have her hold him, never have him tell him stories. He will never have that bond. Yes, he will grow up on stories of her, but she will still be the mom my dad had when he was a kid.

Camilla will be the woman there when they visit grandpa. She will be the one who spoils them, and plays with them, and likely gives them a puppy, seems she has a love for dogs. She will be the present one, whether she shares blood or not.

Kids don't care, if grandparents share blood or not. Stepgrandparents can be a true blessing, especially when the blood one has passed away. It may be harder for Camilla to have a role, if Diana was alive, but sadly she is not.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjaime View Post
It does. The uterus does take time to shrink back down to it's normal pre-pregnancy size.

Regardless, I thought Kate looked wonderful. :)
Its actually refreshing to see Kate with Kate presenting a true reflection of the birth process.....sadly due to the media stories of celebrities giving birth and snapping back to size 8 within minutes of actual delivery is deceptive and wrong.
She looked like a beautiful glowing post partum woman completely normal.

Its good that millions of young women will see this piece of footage and maybe not beat themselves up over not looking whippet thin the minute the baby leaves her belly.

I really respect Kate for that.