The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Heir Apparent

From Time magazine - they have chosen 1 shot from 45 selected photographers. Some really great shots in here -#14 is my favourite. It certainly shows the scale of the media presence

Blanket Coverage: One Baby, 44 Photographers | TIME.com

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.
Yes, I had thought they may go to him.

If a trip to London is too much for Philip, is he really going all the way to Balmoral?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think - I hope - it was meant that William would go to Philip, not the other way around.

If Philip is at Sandringham and the Queen is already planning on going to him, it makes sense for the Cambridges to also go to him, before the Balmoral trip.
I reread the original post and it says that knowing how close Philip is to William, it doesnt seem to far for him to go - that's why I thought Philip was the one expected to travel. I agree with you that William and Catherine going would make more sense but I don't think that a 5 hour round trip would be good for her or the baby at this time.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

Yes, I had thought they may go to him.

If a trip to London is too much for Philip, is he really going all the way to Balmoral?
I have no clue. I hope he's recovering well.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From Time magazine - they have chosen 1 shot from 45 selected photographers. Some really great shots in here -#14 is my favourite. It certainly shows the scale of the media presence

Blanket Coverage: One Baby, 44 Photographers | TIME.com
Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Hats off to William for handling himself so well: media, baby, carseat and driving. Oh, my!

And pic 18 shows the baby's face quite up close.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Hats off to William for handling himself so well: media, baby, carseat and driving. Oh, my!

And pic 18 shows the baby's face quite up close.
They didn't seem to really try to hide the baby's face. It's like they realized to do so would be futile so they accepted it and moved on.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Charles' humor cracks me up: "Have you been here long?". The man is so much better than thought during Diana's marriage to him. I have since came to reconsider my assessment of this man. If Camilla managed to bring out the best in him, she truly deserves some recognition (although I never really liked her).
Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love #36, the looks Catherine gave William when he was talking about them, the love in her eyes is just so evident. #40 is priceless, the future King is not happy being strapped in a carseat

Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Courtier

This is going to sound strange to many I'm sure - but I've never had children or been around babies much. To me the baby's face looks strange - so many lumps and bumps. Is this just because he's only 24 hours old?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is really an adorable baby. I hope we can see more pictures in the not too distant future.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie View Post
Oh, and I forgot: Catherine seemed endlessly preoccupied by the hair getting blown in her face. It was a little distracting.

I totally agree. I wanted to grab her hair and tie it back out of her face as she was fiddling with it every 5 seconds or so - one side and then the other - most annoying - but she has always been like that and no doubt will be like it even on their Coronation Day - still flicking the hair back every 5 seconds -
Old 07-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Commoner

In close-ups his sprinkling of hair already looks pretty dark, and a child's hair usually darkens as he or she ages rather than the other way around. Perhaps he'll have Kate's hair and hairline, which I think we can all agree would be a good thing.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:16 PM
Commoner

I thought Catherine looked just lovely and William looked very handsome and they both looked so very, very happy. As for the newest member of their little family, he looked just beautiful. It's been a wonderful couple of days, hasn't it?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
^^^But hopefully not the texture; let's hope he has Kate's and Grandpa Middleton's luxurious locks!
That is true! The true blondes in the family do have rather light, wispy hair.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
I love #36, the looks Catherine gave William when he was talking about them, the love in her eyes is just so evident. #40 is priceless, the future King is not happy being strapped in a carseat
Hee! I had the exact same thought. His expression is a total "Off with their heads!!" look. William and Kate should get a copy of that photo to carry around for a giggle.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
This is going to sound strange to many I'm sure - but I've never had children or been around babies much. To me the baby's face looks strange - so many lumps and bumps. Is this just because he's only 24 hours old?
He looks like a perfectly normal, healthy newborn as far as I can tell. Because of the birthing process, many babies even have some bruising or cone-shaped heads, and all manner of things. This little guy looks like he's in quite good shape - his facial features are just a bit squished, which they are on most newborns (which is why it can be hard to tell any family resemblances just yet), especially larger ones.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I totally agree. I wanted to grab her hair and tie it back out of her face as she was fiddling with it every 5 seconds or so - one side and then the other - most annoying - but she has always been like that and no doubt will be like it even on their Coronation Day - still flicking the hair back every 5 seconds -
It's like a security blanket. Something to fiddle with if you're nervous, anxious or bored. I'm guilty of the same thing and believe me, she doesn't think about it as she's doing it, you just do it unintentionally (and then occasionally you have people yelling in your face to "please so twiddle your hair, for goodness sake!" ).

Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The wait is over and a new baby prince has arrived into the world! Of course, due to thunderstorms and lack of sleep, it was my own Mr. Remote that woke me up with the grand news beaming ear to ear.

It was what the proud parents said that made just how they felt hit home and I'm paraphrasing here "Anyone that has experienced becoming a new family knows how we feel". Their faces just served to amplify the joy this little bundle of humanity has brought to not only his parents, but to the watching world. How wonderful it is to turn on the television and be able to watch extensive news coverage on something that pulls on our heartstrings with joy and happiness rather than tragedy and disasters as has been too much the norm lately.

Whether Kate's polka dot dress was planned or not as a salute to the wee one's deceased grandmother or if the baby blanket was the same one that once wrapped William as a newborn, to me it really doesn't matter. There will always be a sense of continuity as long as humans do have ancestors. I'd personally like to think that these were subtle and simple ways that the parents chose to include a very important member of their family that cannot be there to welcome this newborn into the world.

William and Kate will be very hands on parents. I'm hoping these next two weeks will be a time of relaxed, easy going family time. I'm sure William is very anxious to have his own time with his son and begin the bonding process. IIRC, once my first husband and I arrived home with our first born and had settled him into his bassinette where he promptly fell asleep, the new daddy just "had" to show me something but forgot where it was. 15 minutes of opening drawers and closets and making the loudest noises possible, the baby did awake and it was daddy's time. To this day, I still don't know what was so important that he had to show me.

Now to await the announcement of the new prince's names. I sure hope I don't sleep through that one too.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
He looks like a perfectly normal, healthy newborn as far as I can tell. Because of the birthing process, many babies even have some bruising or cone-shaped heads, and all manner of things. This little guy looks like he's in quite good shape - his facial features are just a bit squished, which they are on most newborns (which is why it can be hard to tell any family resemblances just yet), especially larger ones.
He looks fine for a newborn: most are very wrinkled, red-faced, quite ugly. Mine were red-faced as well, then developed jaundice for a few days, which turned them yellow. After 2-3 weeks they finally start to look like the cute little things you'd expect them to be.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 PM
Royal Highness

Little Prince look like Queen Elizabeth