The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
It's from a tweet from People :

"Both Diana and Kate wore polka-dot dresses to debut their firstborn sons. Instagram"

Bit far fetched ...
very far fetched

too far fetched for me, I've seen the baby, I'm going to sign off now

Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
They looked so happy! But tired, especially Kate. I think Diana looked more..."fresh" when was leaving the hospital. And we didn't see much of the baby.
I am surprised that William drove himself.
It isnt a competition.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post

I'm not your mother. I am however, rather surprised you needed to be told not to call someone a moron on an Internet message board.
Well frankly your description of the babies birth was more disturbing and unnecessary than Nico's correct comment in regards to the pointless tired comment.

Quote:
They looked so happy! But tired, especially Kate. I think Diana looked more..."fresh" when was leaving the hospital. And we didn't see much of the baby.
I am surprised that William drove himself.
But tired? No? Never? What is it with this comment? Do you have to compare her to Diana on today of all days? Leave her alone please. We didn't see much of the baby? Yesterday you were saying how we wouldn't get an actual picture because one wasn't taken of William.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty

I was taken back on how relax they were with the media. I know they really wanted to give the press some time to take those pictures and answer some questions after the media waited so long for this day.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Courtier

I'm sure the hospital and patients are relieved. I understand crowd's enthusiasm, but Catherine and William were not the only people in the hospital. The yelling was a little rude to the patients inside. I remember when William was born, Charles came out and asked the crowds to hold the noise down so Diana could rest. I don't blame William (or Charles) for not thinking about it, but security should have reminded the crowd before the couple came out.

That said, it was amusing when Charles asked the media if they had been there long.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, maybe Diana was a bit younger and stronger, but in fact Kate gave birth to this wonderful baby boy just a day ago and I admire her strength and she looked very pretty and relaxed.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Gentry

Quote:
But tired? No? Never? What is it with this comment? Do you have to compare her to Diana on today of all days? Leave her alone please. We didn't see much of the baby? Yesterday you were saying how we wouldn't get an actual picture because one wasn't taken of William.
Of course she is tired! I don't even understand what is the need to leave a hospital so soon. As for photos, yes we got some. Cute little baby. That's all I can say now. But most new mothers are shining with happiness, all babies are cute (even they are not really beautiful)
Old 07-23-2013, 03:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I'm sure the hospital and patients are relieved. I understand crowd's enthusiasm, but Catherine and William were not the only people in the hospital. The yelling was a little rude to the patients inside. I remember when William was born, Charles came out and asked the crowds to hold the noise down so Diana could rest. I don't blame William (or Charles) for not thinking about it, but security should have reminded the crowd before the couple came out.

That said, it was amusing when Charles asked the media if they had been there long.
I'm sure security and the police are relieved too.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

The majority of that noise from the crowd came from people in the hospital behind and above the media pen.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Serene Highness

I admire very much this couple because they were able to control everything during these past few hours. The press was waiting ? Who cares : they managed to have some family moments and to take their time to thank everyone.
And for Kate, let's face it guys this woman is strong and knows how it works : 36 hours after she's dressed, hairs done, smiling and royal wave ...
Old 07-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Of course she is tired! I don't even understand what is the need to leave a hospital so soon. As for photos, yes we got some. Cute little baby. That's all I can say now. But most new mothers are shining with happiness, all babies are cute (even they are not really beautiful)
There may be something to be said for going back to the tradition of having the baby at home (or at the palace). There may have been less pressure on Catherine, and they would have had more control over the information given to the media--they might not have told us for days :). I am still amazed that they were able to avoid pictures when they checked in.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
The majority of that noise from the crowd came from people in the hospital behind and above the media pen.
I'll take your word for it. But even if they were patients, it was still inconsiderate. There were probably other patients who needed to rest.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post

There may be something to be said for going back to the tradition of having the baby at home (or at the palace). There may have been less pressure on Catherine, and they would have had more control over the information given to the media--they might not have told us for days :). I am still amazed that they were able to avoid pictures when they checked in.
I donno, I think they managed things really well.

Regardless of where the child is born I think it would be inappropriate for the birth of a royal to not be announced day of (or the next morning). That they were able to get into the hospital without any pictures, they controlled when the birth was announced, and when the child was presented to the media. They had really good control over everything.

The one advantage that a palace birth would have is that it would potentially be less disruptive to other patients at the hospital, however it's entirely possible that without a pre-announced place of birth the press would just camp out in front of more hospitals and/or palaces.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Very nice photo op and very generous of the parents to walk and answer questions. Most of all I was happy to see William drive his family home!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Well, maybe Diana was a bit younger and stronger, but in fact Kate gave birth to this wonderful baby boy just a day ago and I admire her strength and she looked very pretty and relaxed.
Yes indeed! People seem to forget that Diana was a full decade younger than Catherine is now when she had William. But on the whole I think Catherine and William look surprisingly relaxed and very happy with their new little family.

I doubt they'd ever go for a Palace birth. There's a reason the rate of successful childbirths has gone up so dramatically in the last century, and that reason is modern medicine. Even the easiest childbirth can go wrong very quickly, and unless they feel like setting up a proper trauma center in the Palace I can't imagine they'd risk it.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You're too kind. I apologized for that.

Anyway...

DM with a wonderful updated gallery :

Kate Middleton's parents beat the royals by becoming first family members to visit the new baby | Mail Online

The proud parents are radiants !
Wonderful pictures. I have never seen either of them happier. Beautiful baby. They will be awesome parents. Love Kate's outfit.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 PM
Nobility

I am so happy to come home from work to pics and seeing the baby released. He is so cute from what I see, and the couple look so happy. Love Will's hair comment.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 PM

I am still overwhelmed with happiness! They both looked so happy and thrilled, it was so beautiful! I'm not embarrassed to admit I cried! Lol. William was just such a proud Papa and Catherine looked amazing, in my opinion. And the little prince, from what I seem of him, looked lovely and healthy. I can't wait to hear the little prince's name. Congrats to both the Duke and Duchess. I wish them all the luck and happiness in the world with their new little guy. I'm sure he will bring so much joy into their lives as it was already shown that he has already in just that five minutes we saw. So happy for all three of them, the Royal Family and the Middleton's.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Royal Highness

The more I see of William & Kate, the more I admire how they handle these big events in their personal lives in the glare of the public eye.
I really hope they are allowed to bring up baby without too much intrusion.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Aristocracy

Video of them leaving the hospital with baby:
New Prince Goes Home - YouTube