The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Majesty

The family visiting the next day or so is how it's always been done with the royal family. It's nothing new. Yesterday William & Catherine had their alone time with their new born and was allowed to get some rest. Today they prepared themselves for family visits. Pretty much normal for some.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
I am of the same opinion as you, cinrit.
I don't think it was rude at all, I've always thought that Anne is the type who sees no reason to put on a massive smile and make over the top comments to the media, she is a private person who will do the bare minnimum for the media, in private I'd imagine she is delighted as much as any Great Aunt would be.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.
Well, the media always seem to make a big deal over how close Kate is to her parents, and I wouldn't think a visit from one's parents (if you're close to them) would qualify as a bombardment. But I realize things are different for everybody, that's just my perception of things.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The family visiting the next day or so is how it's always been done with the royal family. It's nothing new. Yesterday William & Catherine had their alone time with their new born and was allowed to get some rest. Today they prepared themselves for family visits. Pretty much normal for some.
Yep. Diana and Fergie's families visited the next day as well.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1m
#royal Prince #Charles and #Camilla have arrived to see #William and Kate and their grand

I guess they are about to arrive.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-23-2013, 12:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayJackieO View Post
I'm not sure how its strange that their families gave them time with their baby before going to visit. Not everyone wants to be bombarded with family right after. some people value that time just between husband/baby/wife. its a difference in preference but not strange at all.
Exactly, I agree. Everyone is different, When my Brother and his wife had their baby it wad a couple hours before we could go see it. We were all at hone waiting.

My cousin wanted her Grandmother and Aunt in the Waiting Room (She had a c-section) and my Aunt wanted her Mother and Sister in the waiting room and my uncle brought the baby to the waiting room minutes after it was born!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

I really think the comment by the Princess Royal was not wrong - someone said congratulations to her, so she replied it was nothing to do with her, I think it was nice that she deflecting congratulations that she didn't feel was her to receive.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
I really think the comment by the Princess Royal was not wrong - someone said congratulations to her, so she replied it was nothing to do with her, I think it was nice that she deflecting congratulations that she didn't feel was her to receive.
And that's what I was thinking- I'm sure in context, the remark was very appropriate.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellin View Post
But Albert has biological children, doesn't he?
At least if they want children they can always adopt.
These children were born out of wedlock, so they can't inherit the throne.
Adopt? So why King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola didn't do this?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM
Gentry

I don't think offering good wishes to a couple on the birth of their son and doing so without qualifying the statement (i.e. great news, nothing to do with me, though!) is necessarily "over-the-top" or expecting a "fairytale princess." Stating that she is unconnected to this child's birth is not only rude, it's unnecessary, as people who follow the royals are aware of the familial connections to this baby. If Earl Spencer, a great-uncle, had made the same statement, the consensus would have been that it was poor form for him to say it and that he seemed petty doing so. IMO, The Princess Royal is no different. But, this is obviously one of those YMMV situations.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Serene Highness - Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortillaChips View Post
At first I thought her comment was a tiny bit rude, but seeing it in context changes things. I think it was perfect thing to say in response to the congratulations.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

As for the Middletons seeing the child the next day, I don't see why that's so strange. William and Kate wanted to take some time to spend it with their new baby before they introduced him to the rest of the family. I'm sure Kate's parent were fine with waiting a few hours to see their grandchild.
I would not be surprised to hear later on that William (or Kate) sent the Middleton's (and other relatives) a few snapshots via their own cellphones after the little Prince was born.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Well now her comment makes sense and I think it was a perfect thing to say.
It makes perfect sense to me, if she'd been asked about the birth and had said simply "its nothing to do with me" it would have been rude but instead she was pointing out she had really little to do with the birth herself, not enough to be congratulated.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Royal Highness

Someone's coming, they think it might be Charles ...

EDIT: They think it's "more than just Charles arriving", could it be William and Catherine with the baby Prince?

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Courtier

Does Catherine have any Grandparents still living?
Old 07-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Majesty

Okay this it guys...
I think the couple is about to come out. The staff is lining up outside.
The Sun's Royal Baby live blog | The Sun |News|Royals|Royal Baby

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's happening!!! I think she will come out!
Old 07-23-2013, 12:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Okay this it guys...
I think the couple is about to come out. The staff is lining up outside.
The Sun's Royal Baby live blog | The Sun |News|Royals|Royal Baby
Yep, looks like either something is about to happen or a very big shift change.
Nobility

I don't expect sugar fairytales, but we all know that the baby does have something to do with Anne. She is his great-aunt. I agree if Earl Spencer had said the same thing, I wonder how many would think that it was the appropriate thing for him to say. She didn't even have to say that she was happy about it, "thank you" would have been fine. What she said makes her sound grouchy. Well, just my thoughts...
Heir Presumptive

well she is a brave women, only one day at the hospital ans she will be fresh!!!good Kate! let's see!