The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Elizabeth View Post
Actually...Monday's child is fair of face.
Oops! My bad -- thanks for the correction.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

My close friend in Oz thought Baby Cambridge was born on my birthday, because it was already 23 July there. Also already Erev of the 23rd in Israel (a time after sunset on the evening preceding the coming day). So I will remember my birthday as the time the prince was born. I hope he is David or some name from the High Kings of lore and history.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Now that William and Catherine have a son, looks like Prince Christian of Denmark won't be lonely surrounded by future Queens!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Majesty

It would be nice to see a 'David', in the family. It's a very strong name, so it would befit a future king. I doubt that they'll choose it, but I love the name Nicholas/Nikolai; something different, but still worthy of a future monarch.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Serene Highness

This is a happy time indeed for England, the UK and the Commonwealth. Here's a toast to all of you patient royal-watchers in England!

Aristocracy

I know william said he was thinking of having two kids...but I think they are going to end up having more than then that. Kate got her wish...william is next. They probably just wanted a healthy baby and they got that...and its nice to know that the main dr said the baby was wonderful and beautiful. I wanted them to have a girl, but, I am happy for them I think they are going to make amazing parents and I love that they delayed the announcement for 4 hrs to spend time together with the baby.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Serene Highness

Such happy news in a dreary world! Cheers!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:18 PM
Serene Highness

I agree, Suzie. They will make great parents. Huge relief that the baby is here, safe, well and beautiful.

For me, the British monarchy has provided joyous landmarks like this to mark off times in my own life. I married before Charles and Diana did, but Diana and I were both thinking babies at the same time (she beat me to having one a few months before I did, but I'll never forget that she was a public figure who enjoyed her pregnancy, looked radiant and seemed to really enjoy motherhood).

I had two daughters, she had two sons, there were two princes (each just a little older than my two daughters) for us to watch on television - as if they were all growing up together, which they were.

Now, my daughter is thinking of having a baby, and William is a father. Marking the generations in a happy way, collectively, is one of the delights of having royalty in place. They provide us with a window into all the human joys and sorrows.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
I know william said he was thinking of having two kids...but I think they are going to end up having more than then that. Kate got her wish...william is next. They probably just wanted a healthy baby and they got that...and its nice to know that the main dr said the baby was wonderful and beautiful. I wanted them to have a girl, but, I am happy for them I think they are going to make amazing parents and I love that they delayed the announcement for 4 hrs to spend time together with the baby.
Making the announcement right away would not have changed that. William didn't come down for the announcement. They didn't let anyone in for the announcement. They are still having their alone time with the baby. I highly doubt the queen and grandparents didn't know, as soon as the baby was born.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Aristocracy

You totally missed my point I said it was sweet that they took time to spend time alone together with the baby and the media did say that they waited awhile as well to call family..to have that alone time. No need to be rude...

My point of the post was to express that it was sweet...
Old 07-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
You totally missed my point I said it was sweet that they took time to spend time alone together with the baby and the media did say that they waited awhile as well to call family..to have that alone time. No need to be rude...
I agree with you. For them to hold that secret before the whole world knew of his arrival was probably very special to them.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:

My point of the post was to express that it was sweet...
Actually you missed mine, or didn't read. The only people who could have infringed on the private time of the couple is the family. They are the only ones who could have called, or visited, interrupting the private family time. Telling the media out on the street, that the baby was born, would not have infringed on the private time. Unless William came out to make the announcement, or they let the media into the nursery.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Gentry

Congradulations to the Duke and Duchess on the happy event. I am so glad that HM and Prince Philip are alive and well to see the birth of a great-grandchild.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Actually you missed mine, or didn't read. The only people who could have infringed on the private time of the couple is the family. They are the only ones who could have called, or visited, interrupting the private family time. Telling the media out on the street, that the baby was born, would not have infringed on the private time. Unless William came out to make the announcement, or they let the media into the nursery.
No, I think you're missing hers- it was sweet that they took time together as a new, small family to just be- to enjoy each other and not worry about messaging and PR and press releases and world attention. For a few hours, it got to just be them.

No, no one else would have been allowed in the room, but the second the news was out it became a celebration for the whole world. Until then, it got to be a celebration just for those they love most.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Nobility

There is a difference between missing and disagreeing. Discussions often involve the second.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There is a difference between missing and disagreeing. Discussions often involve the second.
Then you might have avoided implying otherwise in your prior response to other members.

This is such a small thing to argue about.

Can we just agree that it was nice that the new family had some quiet time together?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

How long will the birth announcement stay by the gates at BP?
Old 07-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Well, as touchy as this reply is, I would think you could understand that the couple wanted a few hours where they kept a momentous family event private - just for themselves and the family. That's what a lot of us would have done. In public, it's only acceptable when they smile. In private - I think they get to be in the driver's seat and make decisions about what they say and when. They had no choice with the pregnancy announcement because of Catherine's extreme illness and their almost complete lack of privacy.
If you want people to cut you slack, you have to cut others some slack as well - and that includes the D and DOC. That's MY opinion and my experience in life.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Majesty

Preparation for gun salute to mark birth of royal baby:
Preparation for gun salute to mark birth of royal baby - ITV News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
Nobility

Champagne! Champagne for Everyone!