The Birth of HRH Prince George of Cambridge: July 22, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they truly did know that they were having a little boy all along, I bet they found the whole "I'll take this for my d..."-incident terrifically amusing :lol:

Congratulations to Kate and William.
Monday's child is fair of face.

Last edited:
If they truly did know that they were having a little boy all along, I bet they found the whole "I'll take this for my d..."-incident terrifically amusing :lol:

My guess is she was going to say "...my dog"... but felt the give would be insulted if a gift intended for a baby went to a dog.

Now - when will we know the name?

smileys-baby-187487.gif
smileys-baby-211360.gif

My guess is she was going to say "...my dog"... but felt the give would be insulted if a gift intended for a baby went to a dog.
If you actually listen to the clip - the D is not there at all.

Congratulations! I was hoping for a girl, but a little prince is just as exciting!

It was proven that she didn't say anything like that, however. She actually said something like "Is that for us? Aww...How sweet."

Excellence mother and father, Kate & William congratulations.
Harry is noble uncle.
Congratulations British Royal Family.
photos
SELDA's ROYAL:

Last edited:
IT'S A BOY!!!!!
Congratulations to the Prince of Cambridge! Best wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge! Great job!

"first Name"? I suppose its on a par with North. Perhaps shortened to First. Prince First. Has a nice ring to it.

I would have prefered Alexander but hey, up to the parents.

I called it all along..a prince, for all the naysayers I rest my case:)!

and he worn in the same day as the prince Felix of Denmark and princess Alexander of Hannover ! congratulations to the family!!!!

Small correction, not born the same day as Alexandra, unless somehow born on two days. She turned 14 on Saturday.

My close friend in Oz thought Baby Cambridge was born on my birthday, because it was already 23 July there. Also already Erev of the 23rd in Israel (a time after sunset on the evening preceding the coming day). So I will remember my birthday as the time the prince was born. I hope he is David or some name from the High Kings of lore and history.

Now that William and Catherine have a son, looks like Prince Christian of Denmark won't be lonely surrounded by future Queens! ;)

:previous: It would be nice to see a 'David', in the family. It's a very strong name, so it would befit a future king. I doubt that they'll choose it, but I love the name Nicholas/Nikolai; something different, but still worthy of a future monarch.

This is a happy time indeed for England, the UK and the Commonwealth. Here's a toast to all of you patient royal-watchers in England!

:britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag::britflag:

I know william said he was thinking of having two kids...but I think they are going to end up having more than then that. Kate got her wish...william is next. They probably just wanted a healthy baby and they got that...and its nice to know that the main dr said the baby was wonderful and beautiful. I wanted them to have a girl, but, I am happy for them I think they are going to make amazing parents and I love that they delayed the announcement for 4 hrs to spend time together with the baby.

I agree, Suzie. They will make great parents. Huge relief that the baby is here, safe, well and beautiful.

For me, the British monarchy has provided joyous landmarks like this to mark off times in my own life. I married before Charles and Diana did, but Diana and I were both thinking babies at the same time (she beat me to having one a few months before I did, but I'll never forget that she was a public figure who enjoyed her pregnancy, looked radiant and seemed to really enjoy motherhood).

I had two daughters, she had two sons, there were two princes (each just a little older than my two daughters) for us to watch on television - as if they were all growing up together, which they were.

Now, my daughter is thinking of having a baby, and William is a father. Marking the generations in a happy way, collectively, is one of the delights of having royalty in place. They provide us with a window into all the human joys and sorrows.

I know william said he was thinking of having two kids...but I think they are going to end up having more than then that. Kate got her wish...william is next. They probably just wanted a healthy baby and they got that...and its nice to know that the main dr said the baby was wonderful and beautiful. I wanted them to have a girl, but, I am happy for them I think they are going to make amazing parents and I love that they delayed the announcement for 4 hrs to spend time together with the baby.

Making the announcement right away would not have changed that. William didn't come down for the announcement. They didn't let anyone in for the announcement. They are still having their alone time with the baby. I highly doubt the queen and grandparents didn't know, as soon as the baby was born.

You totally missed my point I said it was sweet that they took time to spend time alone together with the baby and the media did say that they waited awhile as well to call family..to have that alone time. No need to be rude...

My point of the post was to express that it was sweet...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom