Staff of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All babies settle into the same routine eventually ... I doubt they have no help . I think a night nanny or maternity nurse is there to help and give advice otherwise parents get babies into very bad habits and worry too much about which childcare advice to follow . If they have no help they /she will be tired anyway and why shouldn't she have the full leave everyone is entitled too .
I doubt they would leave the baby with an unqualified housekeeper .
They can afford it so I am sure they will go for the best care possible .

Firstly, why don't you believe them?

Secondly, my view is that Catherine, who likes to understand and get a grip on information and how things work, is applying that approach to raising her child/ren. She will employ a nanny once she understands what needs to be done and how she wants it done. Then she will feel able to employ a nanny who does the job how Catherine wants it done. She isn't someone to just hand the job over to someone else.

Thirdly, parents manage on their own all over the world. Why should these 2 be different?

Since I think these two are about to embark on stepping up their official roles within the "Firm", I think they will get the help that will meet their specific needs.

For what it's worth, before my son was born, I was firmly convinced I didn't need any help. We had a dear cleaning lady, who had been in my mother's employment for decades and was now in ours as well. I thought help with cleaning would suffice and the occasional help from our parents would suffice. By the time our son was a year and a half and I had to go back to work, we hired a part-time nanny. Needless to say, that was the best decision we ever made. She stayed with us until her death, well beyond our children's going-to-school age. As a new parent, you are honestly convinced that you must take care of your babies yourself. It's a sense of pride mixed with a sharp sense of responsibility that drives you to do it yourself. In time, you do see the advantages of help. It could be that Catherine will evolve in the same direction. Time will tell.

Since I think these two are about to embark on stepping up their official roles within the "Firm", I think they will get the help that will meet their specific needs.

Much depends on any announcement that people have been saying was coming any moment since last December. :flowers:

Said the other day that an announcement should be coming in a couple of weeks now. It's all pretty much wait and see.

Perhaps they are going to need William's former nanny part time? When Kate is not occupied with royal engagements and things she needs to do with being part of the Firm, perhaps she wants full care of George?

Sounds logical to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but if you're employing a nanny - even part time - you're still employing a nanny.

I think given as William had largely good experiences with his nannies and had remained in contact with them we can expect to see them employ a nanny at least part time. Having a nanny doesn't mean you're not a modern person, it means that you're using an alternative to daycare which modern people use a fair amount.

It's simple. While Catherine is not going back to royal duties she doesn't need a nanny. The fact that they haven't done what Diana (and others before her did) which is get in a nursery nurse and then a full time nanny.

But they will need support when Catherine starts preparing for royal duties and then attending engagements.

So the answer is both - its a question of timing and commonsense.

The DM will hound ~Catherine as soon as she gets a nanny because they will say that she wasn't going to have one.

Of course they will have Nanny! I expect they would need one to look after George why they do duties.

Not sure how reliable this rag is but the Daily Mail has an article saying they are looking at Jessica Web, one of Williams old nannies, to take up the position pretty soon. Seems like a reasonable assumption anyhow given how fond he was of his various nannies and the rest of the article rings also we'll see.

Not sure how reliable this rag is but the Daily Mail has an article saying they are looking at Jessica Web, one of Williams old nannies, to take up the position pretty soon. Seems like a reasonable assumption anyhow given how fond he was of his various nannies and the rest of the article rings also we'll see.

Is it the paper version or the online version that has the article? I can't find it online. They only have one catty piece about how Catherine should hire a nanny.

Is it the paper version or the online version that has the article? I can't find it online. They only have one catty piece about how Catherine should hire a nanny.

I think the article is the Mirror, not the DM. It was posted in the Birth of Prince George thread.

No, it was the Mail. Can't copy because my key board is broken.

With her there are no questions of leaked info, scandalous pasts, trashy tabloid stories about 'hot nannies', training, parental confidence...pretty much an ideal choice.

According to Adam Heikler of the Express, Rebecca Deacon, Kate's private sec and Nick Loughran, Cambridges' asst press guy are romancing each other. The article in the paper didn't have facts supporting the claim other that they visited the hospital when Kate had the baby which they would have done as part of their jobs anyways.

According to Adam Heikler of the Express, Rebecca Deacon, Kate's private sec and Nick Loughran, Cambridges' asst press guy are romancing each other. The article in the paper didn't have facts supporting the claim other that they visited the hospital when Kate had the baby which they would have done as part of their jobs anyways.

I think this story is a gross invasion of privacy. Neither of these 2 people are public figures or celebrities.

Great. Let's turn the Cambridge household into some Downton Abbey episode. We even have a baby George now. :cool:

Great. Let's turn the Cambridge household into some Downton Abbey episode. We even have a baby George now. :cool:

Given the way Downton likes to follow the birth of a child with the death of a parent let's hope that the Cambridges don't follow suit. I'm still torn up about the Downton deaths.

Household is nothing like Downton Abbey, esp if referring to the apparent romance. The royals don't have sway over their staff's private lives, and private is how they should stay.

Well, I'm glad they've changed their minds about "not having a nanny."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom